Trigger Cerys on damage taken

+
So right now Cerys in the melee row is 15 points for 10 provision, divided on four bodies that thins two cards without any counter whatsoever as long as you have a damage tick to spare. Even as a Skellige main and a fan of strong cards this seems way too overpowered. My suggestion is to change her ability to:

Melee: The first time Cerys is damaged, Spawn a Drummond Shieldmaiden in this row.
Ranged: The first time Cerys is damaged, Spawn a Drummond Queensguard in this row.

This would make her 14 points at the cost of two damage ticks if you want to get her full value in one turn. You could additionally make a case for bringing her provisions up to 11 or even 12 because of thinning and divided strength.
It would also fit nicely with her theme in my opinion. As she is already part of the self-wound archetype, why not make her have a self-wound effect herself.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Yes. Judging from the dev stream everyone at CDPR knew it was underprovisioned, but left it in anyway.

Smart money is on a nerf in 1 to 2 weeks, so anyone laddering seriously is getting their SK plays in now.

This is an unusual wording for a card, so rather than "first time it is damaged", maybe making both effects "Order" and making Cerys "Berserk 3: Gain Zeal" would make more sense in terms of game langauge. Also I think it should have a provision nerf because it thins 2 cards and has a massive body.

I'd still find it weird that Cerys and QG/SM are all in the self wound when the leader ability is kind of Svalblod theme, along with some other cards.

Not a big deal though, just weird like when dwarves with Francesca or similar.

Cerys is not 15 points for 10 provisions. You actually draw out two provisioned cards from your deck, and in some cases use a leader charge. Thinning, yes..

If you don't use a leader charge, Cerys can be countered. Draws can brick your hand etc. It's not really OP, but the spawned unit should be doom tagged to make Cerys replay less viable.

Overall Cerys might need some minor adjustments.

Payus

Forum regular
I'd be sad if they nerf Cerys before they do Madamme/Savolla, Bribery, Poison archetype, Hidden Cache, Ng on seasonals...

I'd be sad if they nerf Cerys before they do Madamme/Savolla, Bribery, Poison archetype, Hidden Cache, Ng on seasonals...

How can you even think seasonal is grounds for any nerfs/buffs? It's just a "for fun" mode, not something to balance cards around.

Hidden Cache is getting a nerf, "2 coins, -2 hoard". Luiza Savolla is way way worse than Cerys.

So right now Cerys in the melee row is 15 points for 10 provision, divided on four bodies that thins two cards without any counter whatsoever as long as you have a damage tick to spare. Even as a Skellige main and a fan of strong cards this seems way too overpowered. My suggestion is to change her ability to:

Melee: The first time Cerys is damaged, Spawn a Drummond Shieldmaiden in this row.
Ranged: The first time Cerys is damaged, Spawn a Drummond Queensguard in this row.

This would make her 14 points at the cost of two damage ticks if you want to get her full value in one turn. You could additionally make a case for bringing her provisions up to 11 or even 12 because of thinning and divided strength.
It would also fit nicely with her theme in my opinion. As she is already part of the self-wound archetype, why not make her have a self-wound effect herself.
Cerys is not OP, it is 3 cards in your deck, and its 20 prov not 10, shieldmaidens are each 5 prov, i don`t see the porblem with this card at all, it also forces you to play ursine ritual otherwise it can get countered easily, not to mention this can easily brick, nerfing it would be quite stupid in my opinion, i don`t even see cerys being played lately.

Payus

Forum regular
How can you even think seasonal is grounds for any nerfs/buffs? It's just a "for fun" mode, not something to balance cards around.

Hidden Cache is getting a nerf, "2 coins, -2 hoard". Luiza Savolla is way way worse than Cerys.

I mean the seasonal mode needs fixing not NG itself. Because every season it is abused and plagued by NG exploits.
This season was fun until th NG players remembered spies are bugged and give you an unreal advantage.
And yes, it always feels like cheating when it's NG in seasonal.... spies that pull your cards as well as cards for them while filling your board and infinite Damiens was so fair too, last season (the short round one)they had Tibor, imperial golem and vilgefort...

It's not accidental that 99% of players would agree the most fun seasonal was the blitz mode, and curiously it was the one NG was played less, because it was fair.

Last edited:
It's not accidental that 99% of players would agree the most fun seasonal was the blitz mode, and curiously it was the one NG was played less, because it was fair.

Sorry, I'm not going to comment on seasonal mode as I never play it. But I agree it should be fun for everyone.

Sorry, I'm not going to comment on seasonal mode as I never play it. But I agree it should be fun for everyone.

Let's not derail the conversation :)

It was a comment on the other things that should be nerfed/fixed before Cerys is. Because as others said, Cerys is not that good.

Top Bottom