Place to find out quest names by ID number?

+
Guys, sorry for the necro, but I really need your help. I'm stuck on the mission Dead Mans Party with the infinite loading screen after talking to Shani. Tried removing the mods, previous saves, nothing. Begging for help.

Sorry to post in this old thread but it's not letting me start a new topic. Someone actually asked about the specific quest "finders keepers" but it never got answered. I have gone through the files in accordance with the instructions here, found the quest id (mq2002), and tried removing AND adding basically every combo of events there.... STILL nothing! I have an awful suspicion it's tied to the Griffin scavenger hunt chest that's in the same location as the bandits that you're supposed to kill to trigger the quest but I can't seem to figure out how to make that chest reset so... D:

I am so ocd about games like this-- i made a SPREADSHEET-- i did my internet research, seeing which quests could fail!-- but somehow finders keepers never made it on those lists and now i'm 120+ hours in, probably at least 30 hours if not more past the point where it would be fixable normally, and this is the only thing i've actually missed in this g.d. game! it's gonna drive me NUTS if i can't fix it. please, someone with technical know-how, share your wisdom...

Sorry to post in this old thread but it's not letting me start a new topic. Someone actually asked about the specific quest "finders keepers" but it never got answered. I have gone through the files in accordance with the instructions here, found the quest id (mq2002), and tried removing AND adding basically every combo of events there.... STILL nothing! I have an awful suspicion it's tied to the Griffin scavenger hunt chest that's in the same location as the bandits that you're supposed to kill to trigger the quest but I can't seem to figure out how to make that chest reset so... D:

I am so ocd about games like this-- i made a SPREADSHEET-- i did my internet research, seeing which quests could fail!-- but somehow finders keepers never made it on those lists and now i'm 120+ hours in, probably at least 30 hours if not more past the point where it would be fixable normally, and this is the only thing i've actually missed in this g.d. game! it's gonna drive me NUTS if i can't fix it. please, someone with technical know-how, share your wisdom...

It's possible that even manually editing the quest IDs via the console will not force the quest to complete. It's an extremely complex game, and depending on the literal millions of potential variables (which quests the player completed...how...when...in what order...at what level...where in the main arc...etc.) it's wholly possible the game may be in a situation where it cannot "complete" that quest. (Even if the player technically completes the quest, the numerical logic behind the actual game engine may make it impossible for the journal to be updated. Alternatively, the engine may prevent the quest from completing to avoid an exclusion that would break the playthrough in a more serious way. Or it's just a glitch. Hard to tell for sure.)

Honestly, TW3 is not a game that was designed to be "one-hundred percented". Unlike other open world games, like Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, GTA, etc., TW3 contains numerous quests and decisions that intentionally exclude other paths through the game. Meaning, if I have a choice between a.), b.), or c.) at a particular stage, I can only choose one. The other two, entire quest chains become unavailable to me for the remainder of that playthrough.

So, the only way to "see everything" is to play through multiple times. (And hell, I've played through almost 6 times, and during my last run I found two quests and a few encounters I had never come across before. I'm sure there are still things in Blood and Wine I haven't found.)

because of a bug I failed this mission Love's Cruel Snares and i've noticed it late, plesase someone help me with console commands, I have been looking for the id of the quest for a lifetime

I want change the final of blood and wine to the good ending its possible with add/remove facts? If yes what is the command?
My savegame right now is when we can talk optionally with Syanna in the town after see Damien and Anna, I made the quest Unseen Elder... What I was thinking if can addfact to when we buy the Syanna's ribbon in her quests(console quest ID is q704) maybe with that can get the good ending where both sister alive.
I changed the main story final with console and worked and I want try in blood and wine too..

Sry for posting here, i cant post it to story bcz i am new. So the problem is that i cant complete quest for lynx school upgrade 2 - cant go to the room where the pants are. I got these pants from console, but quest is still not completed. Please help me get its ID and complete it with debug console

Hey I just played the witcher again and I wanted to change the outcome for the carnal sins. I wanted to kill the vampire as well, but i decided to instantly kill the priest. How can I change it?

hi people im stuck at rose on a red field side mission in HoS DLC.
when i enter the lab near the end of the mission there is no cutscene.
i found the quest id which is mq6004_broken_rose.
how can i use the debug console to complete the mission?
thanks in advance.

Hey there,

I'm currently doing the 'Brothers In Arms: Skellige' quest. Back when I was completing Skellige's story I refused to help any of the an Craite children investigate about the massacre that took place during the feast. I simply left instead of that.

Well, I did not know helping them what that important for the current quest and I'd be doomed if I kept going on the main story with a failed one...

So here's my question: I know about the Debug Console, but I'm struggling to find in which order the addfact() function should be used according to the storyline:

q208_completed
q402_talked_to_cerys
q203_cerys_saved
q402_cerys_refused_km
q206_hjalmar_king
q402_cerys_sent_hjalmar
q402_invited_hjalmar
q402_invited_hjalmar_to_km
q202_hjalmar_saved

I have no idea whether this whole list is necessary or not nor if only a few of them do (and, if so, in which order since I suppose there's some chronology?) so if anyone does know more about that, I'd appreciate really much your help. That'd be great.

Thank you very much in advance!
Nours.

Is there a way to start the Missing Persons task with code? my game is stuck here and my save takes about 10 hours behind. Thanks for your help already.

Last edited:
**This is my first post so please forgive me if this isn't the right place.**

I'm soooo close to the end of my completionist playthrough but I'm having trouble with the infamous Nobleman's Statuette quest (& the other jade statue-- the Soldier's Statuette.) I've looked at the list and found mq3012Noble Statuette and mq3012 Warrior Statuette. I'm not getting ANY dialogue options with triss to finish them even though the quests are still in my journal...

I figure ... :( it's time...So I enabled console commands...tried deleting the statues from my inventory etc to no avail.
I can get simple inventory commands to work but I can't get the quests to finish
Can I just type addfact(mq3012Noble Statuette or something??
Thanks

Anyone quest id for collect em all to make completed?
Miraculous guide to gwent book said I'm already collect all gwent cards but collect em all quest remained unfinished ; seems like bug

Last edited:
Does anyone have a working list with all the quest id's? the one from page one ain't working anymore

I'd at least need the quest id for Treasure Hunt -> Bear School Upgrade - Part 3

Try here:

Thank you but I already looked into it and this is only to spawn what I need to trigger the quest but not the quest ID that I'd need to manually mark the quest finished.

I had the bug that the chest in which the armor should have been in was not interactable and I remember thinking how odd it was that that chest was not able to be looted when I first entered that cave, so I managed to get the schematics that should have been there into my inventory and I even got the 'Quest Item Added' thing but the quest is still marked as not completed

Thank you but I already looked into it and this is only to spawn what I need to trigger the quest but not the quest ID that I'd need to manually mark the quest finished.

I had the bug that the chest in which the armor should have been in was not interactable and I remember thinking how odd it was that that chest was not able to be looted when I first entered that cave, so I managed to get the schematics that should have been there into my inventory and I even got the 'Quest Item Added' thing but the quest is still marked as not completed

In order to do what you're describing, there are a series of quest flags, journal entry flags, and item flags that need to be thrown in a specific order. You may want to ask about this specific quest in the Modding Discussions thread for TW3. That's getting into specifics I'm not familiar with.

Top Bottom