Progression is too slow

+
Hello, dear CDPR. How do I progress now as a beginner?Been playing for like 2 months and its now harder for me to craft cards/ get kegs after the patch cause u can get only 14 crown points a day (even with premium,which I have).Its just ridiculous, Im playing in pro rank and can only play like a couple of decks due to the lack of avilable cards. Can you please do something with that, cause its not really funny when u cant progress as you play.
Thanks

You know what's usually causing this sentiment, coupled with: "The progression is too fast!"???

Flat number checks instead of RNG. That's just how it is. Very sorry to those who hate RNG. :p

Well my first advice would be unlocking story nodes first to get ores earlier. With each node your ore reward will increase considerably (250-300-350-500). That will give you 14 kegs in total and also you will unlock more ores and scraps on your way to there. So rather than completing each chapter in your reward book completely, simply take shortcuts as i do in the screenshot.
213123.png

My second advice is buying Thronebreaker on discount on GoG. If you buy that game you are gonna be given serious amount of legendary cards in gwent. You cannot get these benefits if you buy it on Steam. Plus it has amazing storyline.
If you love Witcher Universe i am pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

And my third and final advice is buying premium pass. It is really cheap considering its benefits for 3 months.

Extra: I also remembered you can track contracts. Check your closest to complete and most rewarding contracts and track them.

Last edited:
I'm an Open Beta Player, and since 16. October 2019 I track my daily rewards: how many RPs, scraps, ore, keg, MP collected on a day. I played in the old system until 18 rounds won...every day.

Some interesting facts:

3 normal days in March 2020:
21. March: 5RP; 190 Ore; 137 Scraps; 30 MP
22. March: 4 RP; 172 Ore; 200 Scraps; 0 MP
23. March: 6 RP; 183 Ore; 131 Scraps; 15 MP

Average: 5 RP; 181 Ore; 156 Scraps; 15 MP

3 normal days in April 2020:
6. April: 2 RP; 47 Ore; 20 Scraps; 0 MP
7. April: 3 RP; 70 Ore; 51 Scraps; 0 MP
8. April: 3 RP; 76 Ore; 35 Scraps; 0 MP

Average: 2,6 RP; 64 Ore; 35 Scraps; 0 MP

So, I have enough ressources, but I can imagine, how hard is it now for new players...And I play now more matches a day than earlier.

I don't get the message from the system:

"You have reached your weekly limit for accumulating crowns through wins, it will reset bla bla bla....."

What does this mean? Does this apply to the bonus 14 crowns a player gets from winning a match or what?

Well my first advice would be unlocking story nodes first to get ores earlier. With each node your ore reward will increase considerably (250-300-350-500). That will give you 14 kegs in total and also you will unlock more ores and scraps on your way to there. So rather than completing each chapter in your reward book completely, simply take shortcuts as i do in the screenshot.
View attachment 11035949

My second advice is buying Thronebreaker on discount on GoG. If you buy that game you are gonna be given serious amount of legendary cards in gwent. You cannot get these benefits if you buy it on Steam. Plus it has amazing storyline.
If you love Witcher Universe i am pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

And my third and final advice is buying premium pass. It is really cheap considering its benefits for 3 months.

Extra: I also remembered you can track contracts. Check your closest to complete and most rewarding contracts and track them.

Are you serious ? I bought the game on steam because it was cheaper and thought the achievements would count.

Are you serious ? I bought the game on steam because it was cheaper and thought the achievements would count.

I made the same mistake.

But I only came to play GWENT after buying Thronebreaker on steam since I haven't even heard of it or thought it was still in beta.

If you just bought the game on steam and below 2 hours playtime, you should refund.

It's kinda silly why CD Projeckt wouldn't just link the two systems, or gift the game for players who own it on Steam here. (I know they give them out to certain other games). Even Bethesda did that with the recent Fallout 76 DLC.

I made the same mistake.

But I only came to play GWENT after buying Thronebreaker on steam since I haven't even heard of it or thought it was still in beta.

If you just bought the game on steam and below 2 hours playtime, you should refund.

It's kinda silly why CD Projeckt wouldn't just link the two systems, or gift the game for players who own it on Steam here. (I know they give them out to certain other games). Even Bethesda did that with the recent Fallout 76 DLC.

I bought it at the end of 2019 but haven't played more than 5 hours yet.
I agree, it's both pure lazyness and they're naive thinking that loads of people are gonna buy the same game in 2 platforms.

This thread is not about Thronebreaker versions, which are clarified on their respective store pages anyway. Back on topic.

I don't get the message from the system:

"You have reached your weekly limit for accumulating crowns through wins, it will reset bla bla bla....."

What does this mean? Does this apply to the bonus 14 crowns a player gets from winning a match or what?

It's not the well-rested bonus, but the weekly cap of points the player can get. See the following thread for a full explanation: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-performed-by-game-director-himself.11028497/

They are trying to highlight their own platform GoG

I'm an Open Beta Player, and since 16. October 2019 I track my daily rewards: how many RPs, scraps, ore, keg, MP collected on a day. I played in the old system until 18 rounds won...every day.

So, I have enough ressources, but I can imagine, how hard is it now for new players...And I play now more matches a day than earlier.

And the worst is that journey quest are almost impossible to do if you're playing only a few factions, which is what new players do (and they are right, you can't have a good deck in every faction when you begin).

Imagine you're not playing Nilfgaard : how do you complete the aristocrat tag quest ?
Same with the Harmony tag quest.

And it seems like if you can't complete the next quests until the previous are done, which is pretty stupid IMO.
Post automatically merged:

I created a new account to test a faction that I wasn't really playing on my main account : Skellige.
Now on this account I am stuck on the Aristocrat tag quest, and I will anyway be stuck next on the "Inspire keyword" quest and then on the "Harmony" quest :facepalm:

Why do we get stuck and can't complete the next quests is beyond me...

I have been playing little a month, and I found the opposite problem. It is really easy to progress in this game.

I later found out play in Unraked matches grands you the most XP.

I have been playing little a month, and I found the opposite problem. It is really easy to progress in this game.

I later found out play in Unraked matches grands you the most XP.
Really? Playing Unraked games, the amount of XP received is higher than in ranked play?

Guest 4398794

You know what's usually causing this sentiment, coupled with: "The progression is too fast!"???

Flat number checks instead of RNG. That's just how it is. Very sorry to those who hate RNG. :p
Lol, you know anyone who loves RNG? Just curious

Top Bottom