You have completely destroyed your game, CDPR

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title says, you have completely destroyed your game with this new patch. 2 out of 3 Games in ranked mode on pro Rank Ladder is a passiflora Hidden cache deck. Not to mention you are getting 8 out of 10 Times destroyed by them. The only Times you can Win is when they do really stupid mistakes. The new leader Ability is a complete joke and a complete disaster to this game. Every game you queue on is either passiflora of Lippy SK. This is trash. Utterly trash. You have managed to develop such a wonderful journey system in order to fill your pockets more and more (understandable), but you didnt manage to fix this game not even after So much time of people complaining and “screaming” on the Forums and you not Listening to them.

This meta will be the worst and Most Boring meta this game has ever seen. Even worse than before when Pincer Maneuver was a thing. There is literally no incentive to play ranked after you reach pro Rank seeing that all decks u encounter are SY and SK.

Dissapointing.

I am a “whale” too and pretty much a hardcore player. The only time i spend money is when they introduce new offers on card backs and other prestige items. Just to add them to my collection. But it is not about that. Hardcore players are also getting tilted because of this patch. Check the YouTube streamers and you will see what i mean. They really need to fix their game otherwise this game will only become a money grabbing Machine and nothing else. In regards to gameplay, how Could you possibly have fun in playing against unbalanced decks that simply destroy you, with no chance of recovering? Where is the fun in that? Sure, play a counter meta deck So u can stand a chance, possibly. But Why should i be forced in playing meta decks just to have a chance on kicking the pro ladder? This is just rubbish. Starling from today they will not get any of my money until they seriously think of tweaking their game and balance this mess.

I feel like you just lost some games and decided to come here and rant about it with a nonsense thread, every single patch is a mixture of a couple of T0 decks that dominate the ladder, rinse and repeat. If you don't like that just don't play TCGs. Besides, in pro rank you can't just play the same faction over and over, it may be SY now but not a week from now.

I feel like you just lost some games and decided to come here and rant about it with a nonsense thread, every single patch is a mixture of a couple of T0 decks that dominate the ladder, rinse and repeat. If you don't like that just don't play TCGs. Besides, in pro rank you can't just play the same faction over and over, it may be SY now but not a week from now.

Sure! Just keep telling that to yourself, lol.

As the title says, you have completely destroyed your game with this new patch. 2 out of 3 Games in ranked mode on pro Rank Ladder is a passiflora Hidden cache deck. Not to mention you are getting 8 out of 10 Times destroyed by them.

Well.
I agree with raz3rITA.
Maybe I'm jsut not good enough player, but on low pro ladder (I jsut get there) I few cache, and 2/3 won. Maybe higher they are stronger? Or maybe, well, I'm playing better other decks than you yours? I hope not, since I'm not best player.
OK, i belive meta is polarized right now, to have engine dependent. But your rant is a little to much.

And, like raz said, they protect themselves from mistakes. They made SY to strong? You HAVE TO play 3 other factions on pro to get anywhere.

They also protect themselves with counter cards. They made meta to engine heavy? Well, we all have Yrden. It's BAD that we need to use it, thay HAVE TO fix it next time, but games is FAR frome being destroyed.

Thank you for your opinion. Please, next time make it a little less dramatic, you sound like some ad (this cleaning powder will destroy every stain!) or party blaming their oponents for everything wrong in their country (They just destroyed healthcare/economy/militaryschool add anything or use everything). I don't know how other works, but when I see nespaper title like this, I'm usually buying other newspaper.

I've said it before and I say it again, I'm not buying anything Gwent related until a "big balancing" effort is made instead of a "big expansion".

If they sit down, play their own game, understand most things that need to be properly balanced and spend their effort on balancing the game, I will surely buy Thronebreaker immediately, and I would probably also buy whatever Journey is available.

I've said it before and I say it again, I'm not buying anything Gwent related until a "big balancing" effort is made instead of a "big expansion".

If they sit down, play their own game, understand most things that need to be properly balanced and spend their effort on balancing the game, I will surely buy Thronebreaker immediately, and I would probably also buy whatever Journey is available.
I'm pretty sure, they do... Most changes they did to OLD game are usually nice balance for things, that player asked here on forum.
Problem is with - I belive - new leader abilities. They are not balanced. Soem are to weak, some are to strong.
But man, I just don't belive it's possible to add six new leader abilities same time, prefectly balanced without trying it in live game.

I'm pretty sure, they do... Most changes they did to OLD game are usually nice balance for things, that player asked here on forum.
Problem is with - I belive - new leader abilities. They are not balanced. Soem are to weak, some are to strong.
But man, I just don't belive it's possible to add six new leader abilities same time, prefectly balanced without trying it in live game.

True, but I'm talking about spending months, fine tuning every existing card in the game, instead of spending that time to develop some expansion.

There are plenty of unbalanced cards in the game, which have been unbalanced for awhile. But more so, comboes.

True, but I'm talking about spending months, fine tuning every existing card in the game, instead of spending that time to develop some expansion.

There are plenty of unbalanced cards in the game, which have been unbalanced for awhile. But more so, comboes.
Oh, I don't see that.
I don't want to waste your time, but I'm sitting at home, not working on demurrage (I think that's the word, I took it from google translate), so other than playing gwent and actually doing something meaningfull for myself, I think i have time for some discussion here. And topic about CDPR destroying Gwent is PERFECT!

So, if you also have to much time because of coronavirus, would you be kind enough and bring forth some of those unbalanced cards/combos that were here for a while?
So I could discagree with you :D
Or agree maybe?

Lets sum up my position for good discussion!
  1. This game is in general balanced pretty nice.
  2. New abilities seems unbalanced. BUT:
    1. They are new, they need time to be balanced​
    2. I'm not sure how and what is unbalanced yet. I belive meta is developing, so it's hard to tell. For me at least, but I also don't belive if someone already so fast decide what is OP what's not with new abilities. We can assume.​
    3. I can't agree that Cache is single OP ability. It seems pretty strong, but I belive I won more than lost against cache. I was playing rank 3-1, from yesterday I'm playing rank 0. I mostly play FreddyBabes netdeck for Kikimore Queen. I didn't choose it to counter cache, I didn't even know that cache deck exists already. Also my friend is main syndicate player. He is climbing fast with cache, but he said he is struggling on lvl~4 (it is strong deck, but not winning everything). As far as I know, he is not hardcore player, but rarely make sydicate deck mistakes. Gathering it up together I see cache as strong main syndicate deck and incredible ability, but not single handed killing everything without problem. Too strong and unbalanced, but not singlehanded destroying full balance.​
  3. I love journey progress system, I belive it is best they could do right now. Timing is perfect, since we just had new android players. They need money from them (and us) and they need hook them up - journey system is doing both things perfectly without changing game itself.
  4. Said so, I'm a little disgusted by how much it was/is bugged. Right now I'm biased towards CDPR so I'm giving them benefites of the doubt. They were working on masters, and it was postponed, they were putting workforce onto android release and coming soon Cyberpunk 2077 realese, and on top of that, there is coronavirus problem everywhere. So I understand how it could be bugged, but well... It was horrbile bugged, and that really shouldn't happen. But system itself - I support it both hands up.
Thank you guys for potentiall discussion!

Sure! Just keep telling that to yourself, lol.

Unfortunately, the nature of this type of card game will always result in a relatively small number of decks being the most effective. Add in YouTube videos of people playing these, and the result is high population of said decks.

So right now perhaps SY and SK are good, but as was previously said, next month it will be NR or whatever. And even in the world of meta decks, I think there is still some room for creativity and unexpected cards which may tip favor in certain match ups.

Having said that, it definitely can be extremely irritating having one's preferred deck see the same faction a lot and regularly get beat. For me is NG and SY. I just know I see either of these factions I now have a 30% win rate. Just GG, take a break, and come back to battle again. Of course, I generally play SK so I guess I should be happy now?

Also, my highest rank has been four, so I may not be good enough to have any idea as to what I'm talking about. :)

So, if you also have to much time because of coronavirus, would you be kind enough and bring forth some of those unbalanced cards/combos that were here for a while?
So I could discagree with you :D
Or agree maybe?

Well, I could. Just know that i have argued against these cards being OP on their own. But I have for the longest time argued that gold replay in all it's forms is bad for the game. Gold replay should really be an exception and closely monitored.
A popular opinion which I agree with is replay of Stefan and Damien as an example. That's "gold replay" and highly unpopular. Many people think those cards are OP on their own, which I generally disagree with. My take on the issue is that gold replay is the issue.

That also goes for Monsters and their gold replay with Caranthir in particular, but also the old Whispering Hillock (which is now "new unseen elder"). People generally replay powerful gold cards (on their own, as in 1x) like Ruehin. I personally don't think 3x Ruehin on the board is a healthy sign.

As far as I am aware NG and MO are the only ones who were able to replay gold cards and took any use of this. But now this has become quite a big thing with Skellige as well. It was a thing before as well, in particular replay of Champion of Svalblod with the Skellige specific "renew" card. This is actually now becoming on par with NG and MO in regards to Skellige replaying gold cards, especially with the new Lippy decks.

Anyways, those are some examples. I don't think gold replay is particularly healthy for the game, it's pretty bad with too many varirables that I'm certain the developers did not foresee. I don't think there can NEVER be gold replay, but I think it should be a very rare exception, and under tight surveillance by the developers.

Anyways, I also made a thread about unbalanced cards awhile ago.. If I can find that again... Let's see..

It's a bit old, but..

I liked The Witcher 3 Gwent.

If they sort out the 'super spy invulnerable can't do anything except sit there" decks then I'd say this would be a brilliant game.

But at the moment I like Gwent better in the w3 game

I agree with you, when playing ranked around lvl 7 now, just feel like playing against clone of a clone of a clone of the same deck. Yesterday I played around 5 ranked games and almost everytime faced same SY deck: 1st round: poison+passiflora+phillipa. 2nd round: defender+borsodi+savoya or moreelse (previously they play Luiza, a card which has no possible counter, lol)+saul navarette
Maybe ban the rest of the factions and we can all play SY with those few cards lol. Anyway I managed to win some of the games because in the end you know their cards and can bait them to steal or kill a card it's not your best, but it is not fun at all, it feels like you are facing premium cards with average cards.

I agree with you, when playing ranked around lvl 7 now, just feel like playing against clone of a clone of a clone of the same deck.

If you think rank 7 is bad, just wait until you get to the the last 4 ranks before pro-rank, it's even worse. Just the same decks all the time. Over and over again.

Noob here - so I might miss something. Started playing GWENT with NG, then went SY, now finishing NG collection again.
Like everyone else, I am playing this game to win. Not to let you show me how cool your deck is, now big and tall and swarmy and green and bloody your deck is. I am playing this game to win.
I have taken new SY leader for a ride. Took examples from this website and adjusted to my liking. I wasn't using Luize+Savolla, no Borsodi, no poison, no OP cards you despise so much.
Well, out of about 7 games I won 2 + 1 forfeit. Every opponent (SK, MO, ST) was carrying a neutral reset card.

I am not a pro - just enjoying the game. So, having all i said in mind, what SY decks can use to WIN?? (Neutral cards don't generate coins)
You are all too fast to nerf Luise+Savolla combo, or Borsodi (don't like it), whatever.
OK, fine. Let's nerf it. What can SY use to win games?
In before "be creative" or "git good", you be creative like my opponents did.

Sorry for rant, but tired of nerfers.

Sorry for rant, but tired of nerfers.

Incorrect word use. It's not about nerfing, it's about balancing.

What's the point having tons of card choices if only a select few mean that "you win"

In fact your opinion is in the minority. You enjoy doing the same thing over and over again that's up to you. However the majority want the many choices available.

Unfortunately in games that involve money the minority of all the population, the "whales", spend without consequence and ruin the fun for everyone else.

It gives little incentive for the company to change things if the majority can't or won't pay the large sums to get the few select cards to win.

Nobody wants to lose but few people can afford to spend the amounts to win at mobile games.

You don't get this from "off the shelf" games because the money is in the purchase of the game. You can't spend more money so this means balancing the game a priority to have a fulfilling experience of the whole game.

You are all too fast to nerf Luise+Savolla combo, or Borsodi (don't like it), whatever.
OK, fine. Let's nerf it. What can SY use to win games?

Other cards. I don't mind if CDPR buff another SY cards, there are different interersting archetypes but no one uses them. What is the point of trying to make a witch hunters deck or firesworn deck if you can just put 3 OP cards and make a deck around them? If CDPR will nerf Luise and compensate it with buffs to others cards it will be much better for SY players and for game in general.

Other cards. I don't mind if CDPR buff another SY cards, there are different interersting archetypes but no one uses them. What is the point of trying to make a witch hunters deck or firesworn deck if you can just put 3 OP cards and make a deck around them? If CDPR will nerf Luise and compensate it with buffs to others cards it will be much better for SY players and for game in general.

So far, you and others haven't talk about buffing other SY cards, you were talking about "balancing" exactly ONE and only one existent SY point slam combo.
Give me other choices to win, I will shut up.
But so far, I haven't heard of any.

Once again, read my previous post - I wasn't using Luise+Savolla or anything else. I am not saying I am a pro, but my behind was handed to me without using point slam.

I am wondering what factions you guys play? Which winning combos can you sacrifice for "balancing"?

So far, you and others haven't talk about buffing other SY cards, you were talking about "balancing" exactly ONE and only one existent SY point slam combo.
Of course we haven't. We are really frustrated that entire rank 3+ gwent is one faction abusing one combo. We don't care about SY players because when you have atleast 1 good combo in your faction we don't have anything to counter this.
But so far, I haven't heard of any.
I think CDPR will give SY another playable combos. They are really trying to buff all weak archetypes.
I am wondering what factions you guys play? Which winning combos can you sacrifice for "balancing"?
If any nerfs for my favorite archetypes/decks are needed I will take them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom