Incentives needed to play various decks & leader abilities

+
Out of 30+ leader abilities you see how many being played? Maybe 5? Abilities are tied with the decks, so consequentially you see those 5 typical decks that go well with the strongest abilities. This month, for example, Northern Realms have a strong ability. If you see NR deck against you, I give you 90% it will be this particular ability and the creatures/spells oriented on boost.
With poor balancing this game suffers for months, I hope there is some incentive introduced via trees or Journey to play different decks and styles. Then maybe we see witchers, traps, deathwish, bounty, artifacts, special, Keltullis, assimilate and some other archetypes we barely see in the game.

Just buff the under used commander abilities via provision increase, provided they aren't oppressive or anti-fun by nature, like the NG "No leader abilities for you" one, stuff like that needs to stay not viable and bad because it's not healthy for the game.

Just buff the under used commander abilities via provision increase, provided they aren't oppressive or anti-fun by nature, like the NG "No leader abilities for you" one, stuff like that needs to stay not viable and bad because it's not healthy for the game.

Lockdown is not healthy for the game? But Hidden cache is? Lockdown takes you back to the days of Gwent beta when you can only play one card at a time...

Or balance maybe, best archetipes.....better forget it, we are on the way to powercreep.
Lockdown is not healthy for the game? But Hidden cache is? Lockdown takes you back to the days of Gwent beta when you can only play one card at a time...

Hidden Cache is the Cheese of today, as soon as they balance it it will be like the rest.

Lockdown is pathetic, someone has to be very sad as a person so that their initial directive when entering a game is that others cannot play it.
It is not strategic, since you know that the game will be that way and you will create a deck based on that. And since basically the ability is to do nothing, it has no synergies either.

The only reason something poor as that exists is because the developers make too many balance glitches and leave "a tool" for the community to balance the game on its own.

It is useless against scenarios or the portal, therefore it does not prevent multiple cards in the same turn. If we continue as the game comes in a short time there will be even more cards play multiple cards in the same turn. Its "effectiveness" decreases while maintaining the sadness of its nature.

Last edited:

I never said hidden cache was healthy for the game, clearly it isn't - not the way it currently is anyhow.
Lockdown is a griefing commander ability that's not viable at all. It exists solely to deny the other player's ability to play the game. Color me crazy but that's a really, really stupid concept.

Or balance maybe, best archetipes.....better forget it, we are on the way to powercreep.

Hidden Cache is the Cheese of today, as soon as they balance it it will be like the rest.

Lockdown is pathetic, someone has to be very sad as a person so that their initial directive when entering a game is that others cannot play it.
It is not strategic, since you know that the game will be that way and you will create a deck based on that. And since basically the ability is to do nothing, it has no synergies either.

The only reason something poor as that exists is because the developers make too many balance glitches and leave "a tool" for the community to balance the game on its own.

It is useless against scenarios or the portal, therefore it does not prevent multiple cards in the same turn. If we continue as the game comes in a short time there will be even more cards play multiple cards in the same turn. Its "effectiveness" decreases while maintaining the sadness of its nature.

Haven't we learn over and over, CDPR doesn't care for balance. It's like we are waiting and watching and hoping for something to happen but it never does and when it does happen it seems like they changed things for the wrong purpose all the while keep other broken things unchanged and they buff it even more.
Post automatically merged:

I never said hidden cache was healthy for the game, clearly it isn't - not the way it currently is anyhow.
Lockdown is a griefing commander ability that's not viable at all. It exists solely to deny the other player's ability to play the game. Color me crazy but that's a really, really stupid concept.

And how am I able to play the game when 75% of my matches are hidden cache and uprising? You talk about grieving because players can't play their game, each and every expansion has had incredibly broken decks. Over and over and over again.

Top Bottom