Leek Time by Pawel Burza Hidden Cache changes Edit: Update postponed until the end of the Season.

+
So in essence they found that the introduction of the new leader abilities was a net zero sum balance, yet the distribution of effectiveness was asymmetric, so they decided to re-balance:
+ To raise by traditional methods (provision increase) those underwhelming abilities.
+ To reduce the overpowered ability by non-traditional methods (reducing directly the ability).

Seems fair for Hidden Cache, yet I am still unsure of the other changes.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, of the 6 new leader abilities, 5 are already being changed in less than 2 weeks, 4 of which are being buffed because they're seeing no play, which is definitely not what they want...

A huge (deservedly so) nerf to Hidden Cache and a small buff (might not be enouh) to Mahakam Forge. Here's two things that could have been prevented if they listened to literally ANY player that commented on these when they were announced :shrug:

Qzman

Forum regular
So, of the 6 new leader abilities, 5 are already being changed in less than 2 weeks, 4 of which are being buffed because they're seeing no play, which is definitely not what they want...

A huge (deservedly so) nerf to Hidden Cache and a small buff (might not be enouh) to Mahakam Forge. Here's two things that could have been prevented if they listened to literally ANY player that commented on these when they were announced :shrug:
Well damn... A game developer should know better. Hopefully with the game going more commercial they will have a proper team of testers to prevent these situations.

rrc

Forum veteran
1) Not going to change anything about Mahakam Forge. Because this ability sucks.
2) Not going to change much for Imposter. Because other abilities are more powerful and has more provisions.
3) Not going to change much about Blazing Glory. Because Svalblod is OP and no point in playing this. Second Wind can do much more power swing than this hands down.
4) There are already a plenty of Overwhelming Hunger (thanks to Freddy) with double Plague Maiden and Yen and this boost is going to make it a little bit more powerful and dominant (which will then be offset by Lambert meta).
5) Hidden Cache will need a little bit more planning but still be powerful. Luzia and Savolla will go shoulder to shoulder and keep this strong.
6) With the nerf to Hidden Cache, Uprising will rise even more and very soon (my guess is before the end of week) people will start asking for Uprising nerf :ROFLMAO:. Already I face more Uprising than Hidden Cache and this is going unleash the hook on this beast.

So, overall, instead of Cache it will be Uprising for the next two weeks (assuming some balance changes at the end of the month too).

1) Not going to change anything about Mahakam Forge. Because this ability sucks.
[...]
I disagree, the issue with Mahakam Forge is that it does not work.
The ability inherently implies a pure dwarf deck, however pure dwarf decks only have neat additions to a main strategy, but nothing that could serve as a main focus.
The issue is that the cardpool does not allow pure dwarf decks to be better than tier 5 or something like that and the leader ability is only worth it if practically <85% of the cards you play are dwarves.
If you want to improve the ability you either have to completely rework it and scrap dwarf decks or improve the cardpool.

[...]
2) Not going to change much for Imposter. Because other abilities are more powerful and has more provisions.
[...]
More lock synergy like Master of Disguise would give an incentive (and making old one playable e.g. Slavedriver).
The issue is that this is currently just pointless, poisson already adds tall punish and against engines Enslave is just better and the only cards you have to immediately answer can be answered by Enslave (+ Assassination if necessary).

[...]
3) Not going to change much about Blazing Glory. Because Svalblod is OP and no point in playing this. Second Wind can do much more power swing than this hands down.
[...]
I see more of the discard ability than this, so it should be clear that this ability just does not work with the current cardpool, as again this leader ability is completely reliant on its targets, which currently are just Morkvarg and large sticks with high provision costs.

[...]
4) There are already a plenty of Overwhelming Hunger (thanks to Freddy) with double Plague Maiden and Yen and this boost is going to make it a little bit more powerful and dominant (which will then be offset by Lambert meta).
[...]
Maybe, but MO can always need a buff to be more decent, at the very least while they are in the low Tier area.

[...]
5) Hidden Cache will need a little bit more planning but still be powerful. Luzia and Savolla will go shoulder to shoulder and keep this strong.
[...]
The second sentence makes no sense to me, Luiza + Savolla has no more synergy with this than with other Syndicate leaders.

rrc

Forum veteran
The second sentence makes no sense to me, Luiza + Savolla has no more synergy with this than with other Syndicate leaders.
That is exactly what I meant. No matter the leader you use, Luzia+Savolla can be added in that deck as they work independently and are ridiculous powerful with no way to counter it (tall punish or Vincent is there, I agree, but 23 points in two turns with no way to stop it is just OP). So, the nerf to cache doesn't affect this combo and they will still give huge power swing and keep this ability afloat.

Seriously couldn't they check if they can deliver the update before tweeting about it. :facepalm:

So more Hidden Cache until the end of the Season. :giveup:

They posted a few days ago that a change would be coming sooner than we expected... I was expecting it last week so unless they have a time machine that will be a hard promise to keep.

This is not as bad as the infinite bounty when SY was introduced but it is not that far off...

Wow, nerfs to Hidden Cache might be too harsh, people will just go back to Blood Money and Cache will see no play :facepalm:
Why the hell wasn't Uprising nerfed???
Buff to Mahakam Forge is unnecessary, i see it quite often and it's pretty good.

Wow, nerfs to Hidden Cache might be too harsh, people will just go back to Blood Money and Cache will see no play :facepalm:
Why the hell wasn't Uprising nerfed???
Buff to Mahakam Forge is unnecessary, i see it quite often and it's pretty good.
I assume it'll come with a host of balance fixes, this next patch anyways

Nothing will change with Hidden Cache, cheaper hoards should be removed. And 4 provision cards should be nerfed due to the new leader ability, there is no way a bronze 4 provision card get to 14-15 of power the same turn played.

Nothing will change with Hidden Cache, cheaper hoards should be removed. And 4 provision cards should be nerfed due to the new leader ability, there is no way a bronze 4 provision card get to 14-15 of power the same turn played.
If you talk about Sea Jackal.
Sea Jackal can be a 13 for 4 provisions and 8 coins, when being at 9 coins or 16 for 4 provisions and 10 coins with the new Hidden Cache ability.
Given that coins are each worth 1 point Sea Jackal is a 5 for 4 (13 for 12) or 6 for 4 (16 for 14) with the new Hidden Cache ability.
I fail to see how that should be nerfed.
If you take issue with the amount of points one can generate in 1 turn, with a good protion of them being uninteractable, despite being generated in earlier turns I can direct you at the entire Syndicate faction in general.
Sea Jackal is not the issue.

Top Bottom