Why (is) Geralt (is) the worst Giant Killer...?

+
Why would any faction like NG, SY or SK bring Geralt?

Moreelse doesn't brick and is way better than Geralt. Leo has two abilities and a lesser chance of bricking than Geralt. SK have various ways to do the same as Geralt does, way cheaper.

With the changes in the game and the way it looks now, Geralt is just looking very bad, outdated and/or old fashion. Giant killing is not even that lucrative anymore and a brick Geralt is just bad. There are so many powerful cards in the game now, it might be time to update Geralt to be more powerful.

Suggestion:
3p body
Melee: Destroy an enemy with status (yes, defender, I am looking at you)
Ranged: Destroy an enemy with 7 or more power (yes, better than Leo)

Why should Geralt NOT be the best Giant Killer and brick less than other similar cards?

Another possibility:
1p body
Melee: Destroy an enemy with status or an enemy artifact
Ranged: Destroy an enemy with 7 or more power

Moreelse never bricks, if Geralt had one of these abilities, he would still be able to brick, but less so. And he would become a good tech card against annoying defender decks as well, or things like boosted damien imperial formation stuff.

Defender is annoying and has unbalanced this game, I can't believe that purify is the solution to that, it's not cool. What would be cool is if Geralt could also destroy a defender and had a lesser brick rate than Leo and overall better value than Moreelse, which is why 7 is a good number rather than 9.

Wait, did you just compare a neutral starter card with a faction specific card? :think:

Neutral cards tend to be weaker, older ones especially so. Eventually, cards will start to fall off and the devs can't keep changing existing cards with every new expansion. Also, what you have described isn't just limited to Geralt either, i.e. Chironex/Unicorn vs Etriel/Muirlega.

Wait, did you just compare a neutral starter card with a faction specific card? :think:

Neutral cards tend to be weaker, older ones especially so.

Are you serious? Where in the laws of Gwent does it say that starter cards have to be the worst version of a card type available?

We're talking about Geralt here! So be respectful ;)

Actually, the main idea was to have a better tech card against defender since it unbalance the game so much and a lower brickrate "giant killer" or a better overall tech card in other words. I don't know any better candidate than Geralt.

I think that Geralt in particular is meant to be just a starter card, as it always was. The real problem is that there are just wayyy too many tall removal cards, faction and neutral, on top of poison of course

I think that Geralt in particular is meant to be just a starter card, as it always was. The real problem is that there are just wayyy too many tall removal cards, faction and neutral, on top of poison of course

Ahh yea, I completely forgot about poison actually. Best and cheapest tall removal swarm.. 8body, remove ANY unit, 8p. Makes Geralt seem like an overpaid and incompetent alternative.

Easy solve is to give him a second ability to prevent brick. I.E kill a unit of x or more power on melee, or consume potion from deck on ranged row.
Obviously you can play with the second ability, it is just the first thing that came to mind.

Deploy: Destroy an Enemy unit with 7 or more power.

Being able to destroy the most threatening Defenders or a tall Unit would make him viewable again.

Well, before 9p Geralt could destroy an 8power enemy or above. The way things were before, this made sense and it was often a good thing. There were not so many tall units, the card could still brick, but on average the value was quite decent, it was often worth having Geralt in your deck.

Now, it doesn't seem worth to have Geralt in your deck. SY, NG and SK have better alternatives. Heatwave is a viable alternative as well. And there are so many tall units, the removing a single one is hardly worth it or anything to be happy about.

Perhaps an alternative would be:
Deploy, destroy an enemy card

It would be a powerful tech card, and the way the game is now, it makes more sense. This ability is comparable in the game today with what the old ability was when his old ability was useful. Relatively speaking the "value" is about the same.

It would be good against defender, damien and such cards, scenario and other "annoyances" which require a tech heavy deck type with very narrow deckbuilds. A very powerful Geralt could get rid of that awkward situation.

Honestly, starter cards are not viable against anything other than starter decks. My best guess is that this encourages micro transactions to increase success for new players.

Suggestion:
3p body
Melee: Destroy all enemies with defender status
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, starter cards are not viable against anything other than starter decks. My best guess is that this encourages micro transactions to increase success for new players.

That's true, I think the main purpose of starter decks is to make the player familiar with the core mechanics of the game. Doesn't mean that starter cards have to be bad.

Suggestion:
3p body

That's true, I think the main purpose of starter decks is to make the player familiar with the core mechanics of the game. Doesn't mean that starter cards have to be bad.

What I am saying is they want them to be bad. They want to encourage players to branch out ASAP. The hope being this makes CDPR more money because people lose patients and buy their way to better cards.

Suggestion:
3p body

And Geralt isn't bad, it's just meant to be a card for beginners, like Elder Bears. If they implemented your suggestion Geralt would be all over the place. It would powercreep cards such as Axii and faction ones .

Perhaps something like this could work.

Melee: destroy a Defender
Ranged: destroy a card with 7 Power or less

It wouldn't be as effective as a beginner card, but would see more play

Top Bottom