Leek Time by Pawel Burza Hidden Cache changes Edit: Update postponed until the end of the Season.

+
If you talk about Sea Jackal.
Sea Jackal can be a 13 for 4 provisions and 8 coins, when being at 9 coins or 16 for 4 provisions and 10 coins with the new Hidden Cache ability.
Given that coins are each worth 1 point Sea Jackal is a 5 for 4 (13 for 12) or 6 for 4 (16 for 14) with the new Hidden Cache ability.
I fail to see how that should be nerfed.
If you take issue with the amount of points one can generate in 1 turn, with a good protion of them being uninteractable, despite being generated in earlier turns I can direct you at the entire Syndicate faction in general.
Sea Jackal is not the issue.
It was just an example. In the third turn SY can finish with 9 coins thanks to Luiza who allow you to play Savolla for free. So you have 9 coins (and all the engine with hoards) to play and boost to the max cards like Sea Jackal. Alone it suck, ok, but with an hidden cache deck based on hoards the 4 provision cards become very powerful.
Those decks don't use coins, just accumulate coins and let hoards work. If you want to play Savolla you just need Luiza, so all the other cards are really for free.
Pre-patch it was needed a lot of smart management work to play SY, now it is the easiest thing in the game, cards are unstoppable. Most of other factions' engines need preparation, SY engines need nothing more than a thumb.
Post automatically merged:

It was just an example. In the third turn SY can finish with 9 coins thanks to Luiza who allow you to play Savolla for free. So you have 9 coins (and all the engine with hoards) to play and boost to the max cards like Sea Jackal. Alone it suck, ok, but with an hidden cache deck based on hoards the 4 provision cards become very powerful.
Those decks don't use coins, just accumulate coins and let hoards work. If you want to play Savolla you just need Luiza, so all the other cards are really for free.
Pre-patch it was needed a lot of smart management work to play SY, now it is the easiest thing in the game, cards are unstoppable. Most of other factions' engines need preparation, SY engines need nothing more than a thumb.
I was arguing about cards like Sea Jackal because is so frustrating have more power for all the turn even if they play hoards and Savolla and then lose the match because of a 4 provision card who need no preparation at all.
Coins now are so free, they boost their card just to not go over the max and waste them. So stupid

Sea Jackal is not the issue.

I agree, also it is vulnerable to lock, reset and tall removal. Perhaps a bad comparison, but about the same weakness as Tridam Infantry. It can be good value, but it depends on other cards, and it is vulnerable.

End of the season? How long is that going to be... Suffering from having to go against hidden cache and uprising for days/weeks is going to kill the game.

End of the season? How long is that going to be... Suffering from having to go against hidden cache and uprising for days/weeks is going to kill the game.

Try Imposter with some locks (spenders), Myrtagbrakke, Royal Decree, Bomb Heaver, Vincent vM and Vanhemar. Seems pretty strong against hidden cache, at least when I made a deck around it.

Got a nice copy/kill for Savolla to turn that against them.

Guest 4368268

I've always found Syndicate incredibly dull and frustrating to play against. Let alone when it has access to OP decks (even by the developers admittance) the obvious complaint is of course that coins that can't be touched, but besides that I really dislike the Swiss army knife removal that's too flexible and can deal with wide and tall opponents alike. The silly defender option. The poison packages. Now 'hoard' exists but there's a leader ability which takes away the entire point of it.

Now you can have your cake and eat it too. As soon as this faction has access to playable options the common issues of old will just resurface again. This deck doesn't just need a balance patch, the faction needs a rework.

I've always found Syndicate incredibly dull and frustrating to play against. Let alone when it has access to OP decks (even by the developers admittance) the obvious complaint is of course that coins that can't be touched, but besides that I really dislike the Swiss army knife removal that's too flexible and can deal with wide and tall opponents alike. The silly defender option. The poison packages. Now 'hoard' exists but there's a leader ability which takes away the entire point of it.

Now you can have your cake and eat it too. As soon as this faction has access to playable options the common issues of old will just resurface again. This deck doesn't just need a balance patch, the faction needs a rework.

Yes, sadly, alike to ST, SY has way too many tools. It seemed the developers didn't know what kind of identity to give them, so they gave them all kind of different abilities, what you call the Swizz Army Knife is correct.

Try Imposter with some locks (spenders), Myrtagbrakke, Royal Decree, Bomb Heaver, Vincent vM and Vanhemar. Seems pretty strong against hidden cache, at least when I made a deck around it.

Got a nice copy/kill for Savolla to turn that against them.

I did try lockdown, I try to tech against syndicate and I still lose if I don't draw the perfect combination of cards, plus I just end up losing to all the other deck so what good does it do?

Top Bottom