Trouble installing The Witcher 3

+

Skafu

Forum regular
Welcome, new here. Just wanted to say hi and ask for a post on Technical support as I don't want to spam 10 posts. Thanks.

"
Hi,

I'm having the collector's version of the game and 2 of the DLC's bought and on my account, I do also have GOTY version but did not downloand it. I have poor Interneto connection so I wanted to avoid downloading all that GB's so I basically installed old version of the game, patched it to 1.32 and then wanted to install DLC's which I also downloanded from GOG.
I did as following:

1. Installed the game from DVD's;
2. Downloading the missing files (around 10 GB's) and updated to 1.32;
3. Downloading 3 of the DLS's (free one, and the other 2 ones) through menu 'backup and DLC';
4. Wanting to install the DLC's manually later from Windows level I'm recieving error: 'This version is not supported. DLC requires version 1.2 of the game. Update the game. And in case of the free DLC: 'This version is not supported. Download latest udpdate and install it.'
5. Repaired game files and by doing this i downloaded additional 190 MB;
6. Still nothing;
7. I made a new save game. I do not have additional DLC selection in game menu;
8. Still the same.

The game version is 1.32, if I try to install the DLC from the right menu the DLC downloads one more time. I don't want to download the whole game with DLC's if I have the game itself on DVD's and already downloaded DLC's.

What shall I do? Thanks

"

Skafu

Forum regular
Hi,

I'm having the collector's version of the game and 2 of the DLC's bought and on my account, I do also have GOTY version but did not downloand it. I have poor Interneto connection so I wanted to avoid downloading all that GB's so I basically installed old version of the game, patched it to 1.32 and then wanted to install DLC's which I also downloanded from GOG.
I did as following:
  1. Installed the game from DVD's;
  2. Downloading the missing files (around 10 GB's) and updated to 1.32;
  3. Downloading 3 of the DLS's (free one, and the other 2 ones) through menu 'backup and DLC';
  4. Wanting to install the DLC's manually later from Windows level I'm recieving error: 'This version is not supported. DLC requires version 1.2 of the game. Update the game. And in case of the free DLC: 'This version is not supported. Download latest udpdate and install it.'
  5. Repaired game files and by doing this i downloaded additional 190 MB;
  6. Still nothing;
  7. I made a new save game. I do not have additional DLC selection in game menu;
  8. Still the same.
The game version is 1.32, if I try to install the DLC from the right menu the DLC downloads one more time. I don't want to download the whole game with DLC's if I have the game itself on DVD's and already downloaded DLC's.

What shall I do? Thanks

Might be easier to not download everything manually and use GOG Galaxy all the way. First, install the main game and the free dlcs, and when that's settled get both expansions.

And I know you don't want to download that much because of your internet connection but you might save yourself more time by installing everything via GOG.

Skafu

Forum regular
How can I do this? I have 4 DVD's with the game. I installed it manually via it's setup process, then right away game showed on gog where I downloaded update to 1.32.

Post moved. Welcome, @Skafu !

In response to your issue:

1.) TW3 + HoS + B&W + 16 Free DLC vs. TW3 GOTY are two, completely separate products. You're going to wind up downloading exactly the same amount of data either way, so best bet is to make a sandwich and just download TW3 GOTY. The data is the same either way, so no reason not to do it in one, simple package.

2.) It sounds like you may have downloaded multiple versions incorrectly. Please, delete everything you've installed, and download the TW3 GOTY Edition, installing to a new directory path on the root of your drive. To be safe, I recommend:
C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\...

3.) It is necessary to do this to ensure that all data needed is present on your system. Updates cannot be shared between Standard Edition and GOTY Edition, so if you have the GOTY, no reason to go through all the hassle of installing the Standard Edition in separate parts.

Let us know how it goes!

Skafu

Forum regular
Post moved. Welcome, @Skafu !

In response to your issue:

1.) TW3 + HoS + B&W + 16 Free DLC vs. TW3 GOTY are two, completely separate products. You're going to wind up downloading exactly the same amount of data either way, so best bet is to make a sandwich and just download TW3 GOTY. The data is the same either way, so no reason not to do it in one, simple package.

2.) It sounds like you may have downloaded multiple versions incorrectly. Please, delete everything you've installed, and download the TW3 GOTY Edition, installing to a new directory path on the root of your drive. To be safe, I recommend:
C:\MyRPGgames\The Witcher 3\...

3.) It is necessary to do this to ensure that all data needed is present on your system. Updates cannot be shared between Standard Edition and GOTY Edition, so if you have the GOTY, no reason to go through all the hassle of installing the Standard Edition in separate parts.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi, yea. All this is useful and I'd totally do this that way of course, why bother installing 4 separate products.. The problem is that I don't want to do this because I have very slow Internet connection. I only downloaded 10 GB's of update to 1.32 and other 10 for rest of the DLC's. This took me 2 nights to complete. Rest I installed from disc to save another 2 nights. I wanted to solve it this way, and I wanted to spread info to the devs that this is a problem to some people and this needs fixing. It's only integrity of files, cuz all is good - version is correct, it's just that dlc's do not reckognise standard version.
Post automatically merged:

Here's an official info regarding problems when installing from disc:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...ountered-while-installing-the-game-from-discs (there's also a contact form to reach out to support)

Unfortunately, I only have the digital version on GOG, so I can't say much about the disc version.

I contacted support yesterday, they are processing it now after 24hrs due to high load. I will see what they want to do.

Last edited:
Hi, yea. All this is useful and I'd totally do this that way of course, why bother installing 4 separate products.. The problem is that I don't want to do this because I have very slow Internet connection. I only downloaded 10 GB's of update to 1.32 and other 10 for rest of the DLC's. This took me 2 nights to complete. Rest I installed from disc to save another 2 nights. I wanted to solve it this way, and I wanted to spread info to the devs that this is a problem to some people and this needs fixing. It's only integrity of files, cuz all is good - version is correct, it's just that dlc's do not reckognise standard version.

That should work! Very importantly, though, just ensure your don't skip any files. In order for the game to work correctly with the HoS and B&W expansions, all the Free DLC needs to be installed. (Sorry if your internet is slow, but there's no way around this part.)

Aside from that, there should be no issues as long as everything downloads correctly. Use that file check utility before installing. :)

Top Bottom