Ideas about fixing Cards, overpowered or weak

+
Feedback About Cards

This thread is for Constructive feedback about cards whether they are overpowered or weak, feel free to mention anything about this, aswell as giving your ideas on how we can make a certain card more balanced, flavourfull and fun, I'd like to Start with 2 Cards:

Svalblod Fanatic: Since this card is buffed recently, but it's still not good enough as 4 prov card to be used even in Svalblod decks, let alone other decks, a decent 4 prov card plays for 6 value, some of them 7 value under a certain condition, in this case, Fanatic is fine, since it plays for 6 value, but the main problem is it relies on other cards to do that, which is a Difficult Condition, therefore it needs to play for 7 value, but that might make it a bit too good, my idea to make this card better, and balanced, is to give it *Order: Damage Self by 2*, this way it would play for 6 points in one turn on it's own, And have some synergy with cards such as Heymeay(?), which is good, or you can still damage it by other cards if you have no better target, this would make Svalblod totem more Dynamic, since the Fanatics can trigger themselves, so it gives you the option to use the totem in other ways.

Bribery: This is as far as I can tell a troublesome card, it can play for way too much value and be overpowered, or play for little value and be weak, I do believe we can use the card rarities in order to make Create cards better and more reliable in general, as for Bribery, since it's a 8 prov card, we can make it to be *Create an epic card from your Opponent's starting deck*, this way, it would not get game changing golds from the opponent, neither it will get terrible cards, the range of epic cards in terms of prov cost is 6-10, which seems to be a fine range for this card. Same thing can be done about other Create cards. Those are my ideas about these two cards, feel free to tell us your opinion, and give out your ideas about these.

Last edited:
Bribery is already being discussed in several threads, e.g. Something needs to be done in regards to bribery and various NIlfgaard threads.
I see, thanks for mentioning, though I only mentioned Bribery since I got the idea on how to balance, this thread is not supposed to be about Bribery, any card can be mentioned, along with ideas on how to balance them.
I think making create cards to play from a rarity of cards would make them more balanced with less RNG in general, Such as making runestones to be *Create and play a rare card from your Faction*, instead of a bronze card.
Post automatically merged:

Hmmm, Strange, I expected some replies, Maybe I should've put a better title for it, since the thread got few views so far, let's try again.

Last edited:
Since i didn`t find any other thread i`ll just post it here.
Another type of cards that obviously need some changes are weather effects, there might be long term plans on what to do with weathers, but currently making them to ignore armor might make them more viable(They are weather after all right?), since that seems to usually take away its value, these cards already barely play for a little more than their Prov cost, over 4 turns.

Another type of cards that obviously need some changes are weather effects, there might be long term plans on what to do with weathers, but currently making them to ignore armor might make them more viable(They are weather after all right?), since that seems to usually take away its value, these cards already barely play for a little more than their Prov cost, over 4 turns.

The developers announced a few weeks ago that they were working(Or they thought to do it) on the Wild Hunt, so there will be some update in relation to the weather cards, since it is a major thing when it comes to Wild Hunt.

The developers announced a few weeks ago that they were working(Or they thought to do it) on the Wild Hunt, so there will be some update in relation to the weather cards, since it is a major thing when it comes to Wild Hunt.
Interesting.

What about draug combo with vissegard... That build is unstoppable if played right and its easy to play

Guest 4368268

Agreed, weather cards offer a lot of risk for small/average reward. I feel like they'll probably get addressed alongside the long anticipated Wild Hunt rework.

Other than that, I'd like to see Waters of Brokilon reworked. I'm against the idea of 2 engines in 1 turn. I like what they did with Novigradian Justice but with Dryads that's a bit more tricky to do. I'd suggest reverting Call of the Forest to what it was (shuffle a unit back into your deck, play a unit with a similar primary category and boost it by two) and then changing Waters of Brokilon to 'play a dryad from your deck and boost it by 2' not the most creative idea that but I'd have it as a placeholder for now that stays true to Dryad synergy/relevance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, weather cards offer a lot of risk for small/average reward. I feel like they'll probably get addressed alongside the long anticipated Wild Hunt rework.

Other than that, I'd like to see Waters of Brokilon reworked. I'm against the idea of 2 engines in 1 turn. I like what they did with Novigradian Justice but with Dryads that's a bit more tricky to do. I'd suggest reverting Call of the Forest to what it was (shuffle a unit back into your deck, play a unit with a similar primary category and boost it by two) and then changing Waters of Brokilon to 'play a dryad from your deck and boost it by 2' not the most creative idea that but I'd have it as a placeholder for now that stays true to Dryad synergy/relevance.
About Waters of Brokilon, i guess changing it to be an Artifact, instead of an Special card, might make it better, since the main problem i face is it being played two times, it`s cost is almost as much as Scenario so it`s ok for it to be powerful, but playing it twice is like playing a scenario twice since it can provide same amount of power as a Scenario, not to mention Mystic Echo being the Harmony leader is wrong, Call of Harmony is supposed to be the leader for Harmony decks.
About Changing the card`s ability, maybe making it to transform two allied units into Dryads? something like that idk
Post automatically merged:

What about draug combo with vissegard... That build is unstoppable if played right and its easy to play
It`s not unstoppable really, it`s hard countered by wide Damage, and it`s Vulnerable to bleed, and relatively weak in short rounds, include a lacerate or Lambert and you can beat them.

Morenn.png

Morenn need a buff.. but there is a catch in this card (good and bad)

Provision could be 10 but self poison is a threat.

Morenn need a buff.. but there is a catch in this card (good and bad)

Provision could be 10 but self poison is a threat.

Seize without limit is broken. Muzzle is seize 5 for 12. The self poison is not enough because if the oponent kill the unit Morenn was a removal for 5provs. The idea is not bad, but the numbers.... :beer:

Seize without limit is broken. Muzzle is seize 5 for 12. The self poison is not enough because if the oponent kill the unit Morenn was a removal for 5provs. The idea is not bad, but the numbers.... :beer:
You're right. There must be a balance between Seize provision and Poison Threat.. but I didn't compare Muzzle because neutral cards always prov expensive. I compared factions when do this.

To be precise, Vattier, locked unit not much threat to removal than poison because poison already 50% dead card.
Now opponent decide to waste a poison on seized card or not..

This need trial and calculations. I'll rework on this. Thanks! :)

I just want to post about axii
how is this not a seize card like isn't axii about controlling another person's mind. make it 14 provisions seize a none Spector humanoid.

row effects, especially weather, is too weak and so few people are using it. How about something on top of damage, like frost also damage unit that are deployed on the row. Fog temporary forbids the use of charge and order, rain damage 3 units at a time, and skellige storm last for one more round.

I’d like to propose an adjustment to Cahir. While he can be handled by players with a thorough selection of cards, he is single handedly, an automatic win against any deck based upon growth unless he is countered. With defender, he is hard to reach without legendary cards. And he is a virtually brainless play.

I propose he self destruct upon reaching strength 18 (this value could be adjusted). This adds an interesting strategic decision of when to play him or how to disable him before the destruction occurs, plus he can be countered by simply growing more.

Also, where is the Witcher: Quen? Its the only missing sign in the game!

It could be something like (power 4; shield; Deploy: boost 2 adjacent units by 2 and give them shields). It could also be something like (power 6; give a unit a shield, charge 3) or (power 5; give a unit a shield, charge 3; Zeal).

Maybe Igni toggle power needs to be down by 2 (20->18) since most people just use Yrden nowadays. :/

Last edited:
Top Bottom