Important news regarding Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not upset about the delay of the release. But I am slightly worried about the potential of an even further delay due to the current "crisis." Does anyone have any information regarding this possibility?

Not upset about the delay of the release. But I am slightly worried about the potential of an even further delay due to the current "crisis." Does anyone have any information regarding this possibility?

It seems that, whilst CDPR have had to adapt like everyone else, they still expect to keep the September release.
Many of you are probably wondering how things are at CD PROJEKT RED right now. Here's a short update.

I've seen a fair amount of speculation that the game is mostly complete ('feature complete' is the term I've seen) and that it is mostly bug fixes and polishing from here on.

I'd rather it be delayed another year instead of getting a game released that's bug riddled and rushed.

I want to play the game as much as the next fan of CDPR but I can wait. Fix the bugs, smooth it out, perfect the art. It's a process.

Patience is a virtue, I'd rather wait for perfection and if it takes them a while, especially with the state of the world, it's cool.

I'd rather it be delayed another year instead of getting a game released that's bug riddled and rushed.

I want to play the game as much as the next fan of CDPR but I can wait. Fix the bugs, smooth it out, perfect the art. It's a process.

Patience is a virtue, I'd rather wait for perfection and if it takes them a while, especially with the state of the world, it's cool.

I agree with this wholeheartedly however I do see some goodwill being lost if they delayed again (they wont). I think the next 5 months is more than enough time to play-test/QA the game nicely especially as they've got a lot working on it and have outsourced to another QA company also. Just have to hope the next gen of Graphics cards has launched before September 17 so I can have one in my new rig ready for Cyberpunk2077

Just have to hope the next gen of Graphics cards has launched before September 17 so I can have one in my new rig ready for Cyberpunk2077
Too bad they won't, AMD aims for October (rumored) and Nvidia confirmed to eat after AMD's dinner and release RTX 3xxx after RDNA 2X.

I agree with this wholeheartedly however I do see some goodwill being lost if they delayed again (they wont). I think the next 5 months is more than enough time to play-test/QA the game nicely especially as they've got a lot working on it and have outsourced to another QA company also. Just have to hope the next gen of Graphics cards has launched before September 17 so I can have one in my new rig ready for Cyberpunk2077
Above my pay grade.
I'll just be happy when they release it and wouldn't be surprised or too disappointed with a delay.

I am a bit disappointed it'll be in first-person only after playing Witcher but it worked for Deus Ex so I've got high hopes.

It'd be nice if CDPR can adapt to the current crisis and not need to delay the release.
But no one in their right mind could blame them if they did, after all this situation it totally outside their control.

God i hope they don't delay game again.

Yes there is virus, but till there is a cure for a virus, he going too stick around it will be more or less under control, and if they delay game because of virus now they can delay it again and again and again till cure for virus is found.

There are 4 more months till september a lot of time to fix bugs and finish polishing of already finished game, after all it was supposed to come out in april.

Too bad they won't, AMD aims for October (rumored) and Nvidia confirmed to eat after AMD's dinner and release RTX 3xxx after RDNA 2X.

If that's the case then ill hang onto my 1080ti and just upgrade everything else, jumping from a 4790k to a 9900k (or whatever the top of the line 10th gen CPU is when released) and 2133mhz DDR3 to 3600mhz DDR4 should be a decent enough performance bump.

God i hope they don't delay game again. [...]

I've spoken to the next best thing, RNG CyberJeesus™.
According to his CyberMagicEightBall™, in these uncertain times the release in September is certain.

Thanks RNG CyberJeesus™! You're awesome, choomba!

1588668711586.png

i suppose its for the best, besides, like the saying, "you cant rush perfection, your cant rush art", they need the delay to fix the bugs and remaining glitches, besides, would you have a rushed P.O.S. like fallout 76, or a masterpiece that the people making it took their time with and worked on it till it was actually finished and ready, i think i already know your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom