Any one else getting bored?

+
Title. It's been almost four months now without an expansion. I'm trying to get the seasonal cosmetics but at this point I don't think I'll play during May. What about you?

Yeah, I moved on to COD Warzone for a bit and now the new FF7. Finding it hard to find a reason to come to Gwent these days.

Title. It's been almost four months now without an expansion. I'm trying to get the seasonal cosmetics but at this point I don't think I'll play during May. What about you?
I'm hoping the next expansion to come asap aswell, I wonder what will it be, and what archetypes it will support, after some balance changes though.
I do like to see Discard and berserk supported, and maybe some change to bloodthirst to make it more viable, changes to make Create and Assimilate viable would be nice aswell, Also vampires need some support, maybe a change to Crimson Curse aswell, I'd like to see Skellige warriors to be a thing too.

I'm hoping the next expansion to come asap aswell, I wonder what will it be, and what archetypes it will support, after some balance changes though.
I do like to see Discard and berserk supported, and maybe some change to bloodthirst to make it more viable, changes to make Create and Assimilate viable would be nice aswell, Also vampires need some support, maybe a change to Crimson Curse aswell, I'd like to see Skellige warriors to be a thing too.
I don't really play Skellige, but I guess that Discard and Pirates look interesting.

I also hope we get more support for Assimilate and spies, the archetypes with the most potential in Nilfgaard right now

I think the new leader abilities was a nice tide me over until an expansion, aside from the fact they are overly strong.

That said, i have a few REs and a Final Fantasy to start working on, so will probably put some time there 4 a while soon.

Guest 4368268

Bored sure, but not cause' there hasn't been an expansion. More so I'm waiting on an Arena rework.
Arena can actually be very refreshing and fun, but rn it feels like it isn't supported properly and I think they acknowledged that.

In lieu of that I'd also appreciate a fun puzzle mode or something against the a.i. Against other players (especially in ranked) this game gets real tiresome real quick.

I was playing the game starting from Journey expansion until last 3 days. I am just bored now and stopped playing. Bored of seeing same decks and same gameplays in every single match. They didnt even move their fingers to fix all these bugs and imbalances ASAP. Even though i bought the premium pass i dont feel like i am gonna get to complete it. Look that Hidden Cache thing. They've just destroyed all good mechanics Syndicate used to have. Now only thing you gotta do is keeping your coin, playing your engines and many other incredibly imbalanced cards and get benefits out of it. Each game i encounter same gameplay. Brain is not involved. Rather than Hidden Cache, it is Hidden Brain. The things that i expect from card games are considering your late game and play accordingly, trying to predict what your opponent potentially might play, analyzing the game even during match etc.. Now all we do is just waiting game to end while our d*mb opponent plays SY cards in order and watch desperately because of huge point gap made by imba high tempo cards. I missed the days when you play SY, you gotta consider amount of coin you have and spend them with correct timing. Now just keep them and win. Keep destroying your game CDPR.

I've hit a wall at Rank 5 and can't get any further progress Ranked. The highest I've ever gotten was Rank 3, then fell back to 5 and couldn't climb back up. It makes sense - this is not 100% dependent just on my own skill and deck, but also on the skill and decks of my opponents. But recently it feels like I've only been able to improve in rank when five opponents in a row all drop connection.

I went Unranked and found myself getting routinely beaten there as well.

I returned to the game when a friend started playing. But his deck is pretty new, so against me it's not much of a competition.

I feel like I've explored most of what I want to explore in-game. I've collected 100% of my faction's cards, I've gotten as far as is fun in Ranked, and all that's left is grinding for levels and achievements - none of which I particularly want to do.

I'm faintly aware of Arena and Seasonal, but I'm not very interested in them.

I may put the game down and see where it goes later on.

I was playing the game starting from Journey expansion until last 3 days. I am just bored now and stopped playing. Bored of seeing same decks and same gameplays in every single match. They didnt even move their fingers to fix all these bugs and imbalances ASAP. Even though i bought the premium pass i dont feel like i am gonna get to complete it. Look that Hidden Cache thing. They've just destroyed all good mechanics Syndicate used to have. Now only thing you gotta do is keeping your coin, playing your engines and many other incredibly imbalanced cards and get benefits out of it. Each game i encounter same gameplay. Brain is not involved. Rather than Hidden Cache, it is Hidden Brain. The things that i expect from card games are considering your late game and play accordingly, trying to predict what your opponent potentially might play, analyzing the game even during match etc.. Now all we do is just waiting game to end while our d*mb opponent plays SY cards in order and watch desperately because of huge point gap made by imba high tempo cards. I missed the days when you play SY, you gotta consider amount of coin you have and spend them with correct timing. Now just keep them and win. Keep destroying your game CDPR.
Hidden Cache is OP but not that OP to break the game, just some tech cards and you'll be fine, throwing some resets and tall removal will do the trick for the time being untill it gets nerfed, bloody baron, Morkvag, Yrden etc etc, also thedragonwhichdealstwodamage.
Post automatically merged:

Bored sure, but not cause' there hasn't been an expansion. More so I'm waiting on an Arena rework.
Arena can actually be very refreshing and fun, but rn it feels like it isn't supported properly and I think they acknowledged that.

In lieu of that I'd also appreciate a fun puzzle mode or something against the a.i. Against other players (especially in ranked) this game gets real tiresome real quick.
Gaunter deserves his own expansion.

I've hit a wall at Rank 5 and can't get any further progress Ranked. The highest I've ever gotten was Rank 3, then fell back to 5 and couldn't climb back up. It makes sense - this is not 100% dependent just on my own skill and deck, but also on the skill and decks of my opponents. But recently it feels like I've only been able to improve in rank when five opponents in a row all drop connection.

I returned to the game when a friend started playing. But his deck is pretty new, so against me it's not much of a competition.

I feel like I've explored most of what I want to explore in-game. I've collected 100% of my faction's cards, I've gotten as far as is fun in Ranked, and all that's left is grinding for levels and achievements - none of which I particularly want to do.

I'm faintly aware of Arena and Seasonal, but I'm not very interested in them.

I may put the game down and see where it goes later on.
Trying to see what made you loose last game, and learning from it is the key, your deck might be weak too.

Hidden Cache is OP but not that OP to break the game, just some tech cards and you'll be fine, throwing some resets and tall removal will do the trick for the time being untill it gets nerfed, bloody baron, Morkvag, Yrden etc etc, also thedragonwhichdealstwodamage.
I have no problem with countering the hidden cache. The problem is to counter it i have to play same deck each game and it is BORING. Besides, only Yrden works properly against Hidden Cache. Both Morkvarg and Baron is only effective against one target. And there are way too many engine in Hidden Cache decks.

You mean Myrgtabrakke? :)
Yeah that one, can't even read that goddamn name!

I have no problem with countering the hidden cache. The problem is to counter it i have to play same deck each game and it is BORING. Besides, only Yrden works properly against Hidden Cache. Both Morkvarg and Baron is only effective against one target. And there are way too many engine in Hidden Cache decks.
Well Morkvag + Greatsword or Dagur specifically, it works, specially with second wind, you can play it in first round aswell, just some ways to play around hidden cache for the time being, there is no doubt it's extremely overpowered.

Trying to see what made you loose last game, and learning from it is the key, your deck might be weak too.

This is probably my problem. I'm playing the game as a casual distraction to relax after work, I'm not being proactive in analyzing and deckbuilding. I sort of build decks around themes that I like (Cahir, Assimilate, Masque Recycling) but I don't know enough about the game to optimize.

So I have a problem between two competing demands: 1) I'm not enjoying the game because I'm not winning enough games and the side quests aren't keeping my interest, and 2) In order to win more, I need to put actual work into the game... which I don't enjoy, because I'm playing the game as a recreation and not a task.

Sometimes it's necessary to take a break from a game in order to avoid burning out and actively beginning to dislike it. I will do this now.

This is probably my problem. I'm playing the game as a casual distraction to relax after work, I'm not being proactive in analyzing and deckbuilding. I sort of build decks around themes that I like (Cahir, Assimilate, Masque Recycling) but I don't know enough about the game to optimize.

So I have a problem between two competing demands: 1) I'm not enjoying the game because I'm not winning enough games and the side quests aren't keeping my interest, and 2) In order to win more, I need to put actual work into the game... which I don't enjoy, because I'm playing the game as a recreation and not a task.

Sometimes it's necessary to take a break from a game in order to avoid burning out and actively beginning to dislike it. I will do this now.

Avoiding to burn out is important, and definitely agree as a general approach to any daily activity.

Regarding the playstyle we have, i.e. as a distraction or competing, there are different decks. Take for example the current top tier 1 decks:
+ Hidden cache: powerful enough that it is almost an autopilot deck, well suited for those looking for a distraction without placing too much thought.
+ Uprising: all its variants are based on combos, where card order greatly counts. This deck is more suited for those seeking to compete actively or have an intelectual challenge.

Is good to find people that are pretty much on the same boat. I just left Gwent for basicly the same reasons.

I want to craft decks that i like and if that means that they don't always win, it's fine, yet the game has a place for those players to have fun?

Should be Unranked mode but you are getting people with Top Tier decks there aswell so... eventually you will get burnt out.

I opened a post mentioning some of those points, just to be told that they are not worth to be addressed.

Hope they can see there is more people getting to the same common ground.

Is good to find people that are pretty much on the same boat. I just left Gwent for basicly the same reasons.

I want to craft decks that i like and if that means that they don't always win, it's fine, yet the game has a place for those players to have fun?

Should be Unranked mode but you are getting people with Top Tier decks there aswell so... eventually you will get burnt out.

I opened a post mentioning some of those points, just to be told that they are not worth to be addressed.

Hope they can see there is more people getting to the same common ground.

The closest place for fun/meme decks that one builds is seasonal matches. They have to be adapted monthly based on the season rules, yet there is a very good chance to be on even fields with top tier decks.
Other than seasonal is arena, although there is playing to build a decks based on RNG.

I really really feel bored. Everyone play the same deck. This is because gwent is comparing points. Even one point of disadvantage makes you lose. So player have to choose a tier 1 deck, rather than build by themselves. It is impossible to make deck absolutely balanced. I would say right now all the decks are relatively balanced. I am a newbie, this season i played hidden cache from rank 28 to rank5. At the end of this season the hidden cache have no advantage at all and actually unnecessary to nerf it. The environment changes super fast.

Week1: Hidden cache beats everyone
Week2: empire lock posion beats sydicate
Week3: milk cow beats empire and syndicate
Week4: siege equipment beats milk cow

And the game is not innovative at all. I think they should switch to comparing the number of unit present in the field, in this way the armor system makes sense and everyone consider armor unit. Right now only few armor units are used and actually it is a big failure. they really should learn from YGO. The provision system was created to balance deck, so why can't they design some funny card??

Im a new comer i have no idea want happened after homecoming, but the thronebreaker is clearly more innovative than gwent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom