Please Nerf the Nilfgaard - it's way too imbalanced

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats wrong with gwent? Nilfguard is whats wrong with it. What were the devs thinking making it replay anycard over and over and over its just a joke. SY is handled by a simpler smaller nerf but NG is a problem because for some reason they built everything to just replay everything not acually engaging in battle but reusing OP effects to the max.

Poison is too cheap too abundant and exploited by the joke of a faction NG.

NG should not be able to replay that many cards and poison needs a rework to be effective but in proportion of the effect it has.

Sieze is too abundant ontop of which effectively banishing the cards you have to make it theirs is disruptive to any strategy, espeacially when you cant do anything about it. Yen invoc is OP, just stop with the ridiculous disruption. Even real spies dont disrupt that much and there are counter measures. You cant just take without risk its stupid

Please stop nilfgaurd from replaying everything and disrupting play. Offer them something else.
Poison is just ridiclous with NG together with damien what were you devs thinking!

What's wrong with disrupting play? You just expect all your plays to go through, undisturbed?

What fun would that be.
Post automatically merged:

Whats wrong with gwent? Nilfguard is whats wrong with it. What were the devs thinking making it replay anycard over and over and over its just a joke. SY is handled by a simpler smaller nerf but NG is a problem because for some reason they built everything to just replay everything not acually engaging in battle but reusing OP effects to the max.

Perhaps you should make a Monsters complaint thread then? Because the main sinner of gold cards copies is MO with Caranthir.

I used to suck really really bad at GWENT when starting out and playing only monster deck, losing almost all the time but now that I use NILFGAARD I rarely lose any game and losing mostly only against another NILFGAARD. I began to wonder why does CDPR create these other factions?? they're all deck for losers and look very 1 dimensional and boring and most people playing NILFGAARD anyways. Scotia'tell is totally useless, I beat them 9/10 times. I also spend way less money now that all I have is NILFGAARD and neutral cards, I mean why pick the other crappy factions that can't do anything? Every season NILFGAARD always on top. Man, NILFGAARD assimilation on this season and also last season were OP, probably next too. You can also have multiple combo like playing soldiers and all. I'm buying all the NILFGAARD cards, I think I'm still missing 1 card for NILFGAARD faction. now I just play NILFGAARD for fun and play other online cards game since my NILFGAARD card is so OP .
I think CDPR should put notice or pin in forum for beginner to pick NILFGAARD instead of monster.
I'm fine the way it is though, just curious as to why they created all these factions? What is your opinion on this?

No, don't nerf NILFGAARD please. it's fine as it is.

Last edited:
Nah, NG needs a boost. Bronzes are too weak compared to other factions. NG never on top of the meta reports sadly.
I think he's probably just talking about Seasonal were Nilfgaard has each month the most broken Cards.

If not Nilfgaard is by no means the most overpowered Faction maybe the currently most annoying one to play against with overtuned poison, locks and Bribery shenanigans .

Last edited:
I think he's probably just talking about Seasonal were Nilfgaard has each month the most broken Cards.

If not Nilfgaard is by no means the most overpowered Faction maybe the currently most annoying one to play against with overtuned poison, locks and Bribery shenanigans .

Locks is not really an issue and quite weak with all this purify around. I agree on poison, I even made a thread about it, but recently I've come to realize the problem is probably not poison but rather scenario. Poison by itself without scenario is not that good.

Bribery is well, bribery, it was or is going to be fixed for a bug in it's programming mechanics.

Guest 4398794

The devs actually have somthing to react on this NG frustration avalanche?
Maybe a "we work in a solution to not fuck up all of your minds"
Or something....

I am a long time gwent player and would like to weigh in on this topic.

I think nilfgaard needs NO nerfing
I repeat zero nerfing. If anything nilfgaurd could use some love to ensure it remains a powerhouse.

I strongly beleive the black infantry archers should be brought back immediately to keep nilfgaard great again! They were a staple of the original gwent and should remain .

Maybe an 8point card 8 provision with 3 damage on deploy. Or same setup as a hefty helge .

Nilfgaard is at a disadvantage to most factions including monsters were gigantic point based cards are plentiful .

Northern realms boosts to a unsurmountable point.

Skellige uses tiny damage to deal tons of damage and boost

Nilfgaards only strong point is tactics which are not supplying points on the board .

Ive lost many games because a tactic did not supply me points needed .

The new aristocrat poison direction is nice but prone to monsters consuming the poison or usurpers overwhelming the poison .

Nilfgaard should stay true to its reality as a ruthless savage unforgiving tactic fully nimble pain to defeat. Without this its not nilfgaard . Just another boosting autopilot faction.

Please save Nilfgaards wonderfully dubious reputation as a faction to troll them all.

The devs actually have somthing to react on this NG frustration avalanche?
Maybe a "we work in a solution to not fuck up all of your minds"
Or something....

They did already rowlock Damien and Skellen, which was probably too much. Fixing bribery solves alot, and the solution had already been given.

I agree with Kriswoodmore, Nilfgaard should be ruthless and powerful.
Most those elements are already there, but I think they need to be refined and somewhat improved upon. I'm not the expert, but as far as I am concerned NG has one of the weakest sets of bronze cards of any faction, and with how the game has developed, I think NG bronzes need a boost.

Keeping up with the points of other factions is a real drag with NG, other factions always have better cards with more points by default. That's ok, but the gap should not be as big as it is now.

How does this topic exist 😂

Syndicate has been on top since it came out, always the top Meta decks, Scoia is right after that has been for what seems like forever now. Now Northern Realms has big meta decks.

Nilfgaard is so easy to stop now you have to be asleep to not stop it and not know exactly what is coming ...as stated above, Monsters is the repeating card Ho of the meta.

what I do believe is that all factions need to have these repeating capabilities, and exploding infinite engines capped. The simple use of doomed on return cards and limiting charges and recharges would make this game more than it is now.

what it is now is a game where 80 percent of the cards are never used because the big plays are so dominate. So we all play the same damn decks until we are too bored to play at all.

If they would level these cards, and allow for a game where deck invention was actually a thing, that would be fun. Instead it’s a game of Zombies playing the same decks and people complaining about a deck some Zombie played on them that is all over the place.

please fix this while there is still time, but don’t nerf NG because some dude ain’t figured out how to remove a 5 power card or to change its row😂

How does this topic exist 😂

😂

Because it's not about nerfing SY just because it's at the top

People are using the word nerf incorrectly (including title)

SY needs a nerf NG needs balancing.

This has nothing to do with defenders nor single move. It's to do with how NG exploits every OP tactic and disrupting play making playing against them no fun at all. It's ridiculous to have every deck 1 or the other top when there's 6 factions.

What's the point of having other factions if all you should do is play 1.

NG should not have replay ability almost limitless. Nor any faction to exploit poison locks and seizes. NG needs balancing to offer other strategies to engage.

If they would level these cards, and allow for a game where deck invention was actually a thing, that would be fun. Instead it’s a game of Zombies playing the same decks and people complaining about a deck some Zombie played on them that is all over the place.😂

This is what I do, I only build my own decks, but currently it is not possible. A year ago, it was fully possible. But now only a few cards are "viable", which makes all other cards unable to keep up. So even using a few cards that are not in the meta, even with a very nice deck with very good cards, you lose and can have no fun or be part of the game, because you can only use some cards to play this game.

And like you say, everyone plays the same decks, it's getting boring. We need a strong NG to deal with this BS. Lock down these people.

NG should not have replay ability almost limitless. Nor any faction to exploit poison locks and seizes. NG needs balancing to offer other strategies to engage.

NG is NOT the faction who run a kikimore queen deck with 3x11 provision gold cards in the same round, NG is not the faction to depend on a card that copies other gold cards (Caranthir). We don't fill the board with rats and boost them up in a few moves, by again copying gold cards.

NG is not the gold copy exploit faction, that prize goes to Caranthir.

What's the point of having other factions if all you should do is play 1.

How can this be true and yet there is no deck from NG that is a top Meta deck. So yeah play only NG if you want, and lose all the time. The problem is people lose to an NG deck when they are not proficient at the meta deck they are playing From the internet post they just read....so maybe NG has the best track record against unstoppable meta decks, but that ain’t NGs fault😂

just because NG can slow down a freight train does not mean that it should be nerfed, it is actually just pointing out the stupidity of all the freight trains. NG is a control faction, control is fun but easy to beat.

Again, if NG is the only Deck you need to play, why am I playing against SY, NR, and ST all day, when will the masses awaken?

NG needs balancing pure and simple.

We agree on that, and to balance the faction, they need to verify bribery bugfix and prevent double scenario, boost bronzes and refine the ruthless character of the faction.

Boosting the weak provisions of Usurper/lockdown is probably one thing that needs to be looked into currently. Making full lock decks more viable again. And I don't mean Shupe or double scenario, no..

Perhaps re read what I said. NG need balancing not nerfing.

Unfortunately I don't think they did NG correctly in this game.

In lore, Nilfgaard is a conquering empire not hiding behind witchers to "banish" things.

Spies, yes but not pathetic units that do nothing (except lock etc in game).

They should be engaging in battle not small point explotative game mechanics.

There's control and there's complete disruption of play without defence leading to annoyance and toxic "play"

Perhaps re read what I said. NG need balancing not nerfing.

Unfortunately I don't think they did NG correctly in this game.

In lore, Nilfgaard is a conquering empire not hiding behind witchers to "banish" things.

Spies, yes but not pathetic units that do nothing (except lock etc in game).

They should be engaging in battle not small point explotative game mechanics.

There's control and there's complete disruption of play without defence leading to annoyance and toxic "play"

The empire uses all means at their disposals, and they have the most means. They even made Geralt work for them, so what's so unlikely about the Viper Witchers? If anything the Viper Witchers need a boost from 4 to 5 body.

Ofcourse they should lock units, Nilfgaard is ruthless, and they should be.

rrc

Forum veteran
The empire uses all means at their disposals, and they have the most means. They even made Geralt work for them, so what's so unlikely about the Viper Witchers? If anything the Viper Witchers need a boost from 4 to 5 body.

Ofcourse they should lock units, Nilfgaard is ruthless, and they should be.
So, basically you are saying, since Nilflgaard was ruthless and was very powerful, in Gwent if we play NG we should auto win? :ohstopit: I remember someone creating a thread to the same sentiment; Since Geralt is the hero, he should be boosted to be insanely powerful. It doesn't work like that; otherwise, we will have only one faction or auto-included cards.

Why in the world you want Viper Witchers to have 5 body? Viper Witcher and Tarhareen (or whatever his name is, who looks at top 3 cards and discards one card) are high risk and high reward cards. They are at that low tempo, because with RNG they can simply win the game in turn 1. Any RNG card should have huge downside; if you bring RNG to the game, you should be ready to face the consequences?

Also, you keep saying NG bronzes are weak, repeatedly, again and again. There are a few junk cards (like EVERY SINGLE factions), but otherwise, NG bronzes are actually very strong. What are the bronzes you keep referring to? For every single weak bronze you meantion, we can give an equally weak bronze from every faction. All factions have strong and weak bronzes. So, please stop saying the same thing over and over again. It doesn't make it a fact.

I am against poison, but it is in general. NG is very powerful and dominant and has a lot of tricks up their sleeves. It is their identity to use the opponent's strength against themselves and they are the faction with the MOST BLOODY RNG in the entire game, but that is their thing. I am not going to ask for a nerf to NG (after the Elder Bear change, I am fine with NG), but saying NG is weak and needs a buff seems to be just trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom