Developer Stream 04.05.2020

+

Guest 4368268

I hope to hear more about their Arena rework soon. I really suggest banishing certain cards from the mode, defenders especially. Encountering decks that have about 5 of them is pretty ridiculous but it's happened, making the result but a formality. Then of course there's still the issue of Syndicate cards awkwardly ruining your draft. The leader abilities are another problem. Because they're now so aimed at accommodating specific decks (discard Skellige/any Syndicate ability) you can just encounter a serious disadvantage from the get go.

'Play the highest bronze or silver' was a fine leader ability for both regular Gwent and Arena. The current ones just stink for this mode. Homecoming/Arena are incompatible design wise, so I hope they just change the rules for the latter.

Dear @Angel... another post before going to sleep? :coolstory::beer:

Haha totally! :beer:

Anyway I think that most likely we will get some strong Dorf as they can continue to be used in any ST deck while reinforcing the class mechanics of MF.
Yesterday I continued (in another act of masochism) testing MF and there are 2 cards that are not widely used at the moment in the other St decks and that could be decisive for the archetype if they are given more powerful options, both are resilient and one is also an engine (Gabor and Zoltan).

If the archetype becomes strong, the option of leaving a 10pts carryover with an engine chance will be very important. In a long round one can take card advantage even losing the round, currently it is not viable, "only dwarves" is weak and include those 2 in other decks do not improve them.

If and when the poison is nerfed (make all poison cards as 5P and not break even), MO are going to run wild. They are still incredibly powerful faction struggling due to Poison (and Yarden which people tech against Cache also ruins MO). Larva is probably the strongest 5P bronze (or among all bronzes) in the entire game. It easily reaches 10-12 points and 14 points is not uncommon. If you consider random damage pings landing on Larva it is even higher. Freddy was constantly adding Necromancy to replay Larva (meaning, it is worth 7P) in his MO decks.

Larva should lose one armor or it should thrive only on Barricade. In its current state, it is actually OP.

I too agree here, even if you aggregated both larva stats and made them 1 unit with 2power and 4armor and thrive it would still be op cause you must waste a 6p removal on a 5p card in most cases for it, but it would at the very least be manageable. In its current state is too opressive. Yes MO in the current meta are not overly strong, but that is only due to Cache and NG being effectivly too strong. As those two come down a notch MO will se much more play.

I too agree here, even if you aggregated both larva stats and made them 1 unit with 2power and 4armor and thrive it would still be op cause you must waste a 6p removal on a 5p card in most cases for it, but it would at the very least be manageable. In its current state is too opressive. Yes MO in the current meta are not overly strong, but that is only due to Cache and NG being effectivly too strong. As those two come down a notch MO will se much more play.
Yes, Larvae is too strong. Yes, it is the one thing holding an entire faction together right now. Nerfing them would result in the end of playable monsters decks: you would have to buff like 10 other bronzes to even consider the faction. Right now, monsters isn't too flexible: it always runs the yghern/ozzrel package, the consume package, larvae, bruxa, and sometimes drowner, and the straight removal. Why is that? That's the last they've got. I remember quite a few patches ago, we had a complete overhaul of NR. I think it's time for MO to get that same treatment,

Its not even fun playing this game anymore. All I see is Nilfgaard poison with ball, stupid aristocrats, hidden cache, crazy madam and savola combo. I mean, whats up with this poison cards. Just 2 stacks and your largest unit dies. Now even syndicate has poison. No purify is enough. It's just frustrating. Who thought of this. Like really. Just 2 stacks of poison? Next patch, more poison cards. How fun.
Poison really pushed the game in a bad direction. Beginning of the end for me.

I don't see how that Igni change could possibly be considered a nerf like they said chat was debating. :think:

Definitely going to test out new practice opponents.

Well, looks like the next month will be rather boring :(, but i think everyone expected this.
On the brighter side, i'm 90% sure that the next expansion will be released in June.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've been away from Gwent and these forums for a couple of weeks, and after this stream i was hoping for a more significant patch to motivate me to come back for the game...

Its good that we are finally getting the auto-milled fixed, the meteorite powder changes, contracts to new leader abilities and tweaks to those abilities, but that is all content that was already supposed to have been released 2 weeks ago or more.

The balance changes are too few, only 5 or 6 cards, and the only relevant one is the change of Luiza to Order. The change to Igni, that is supposedly a buff... Why? I barely touched Igni since HC, its almost unplayable and somehow keeps getting worse and worse? The only explanation i can find to justify this change is new content on the next expansion that can get reallly big, but the dev team is always behind on balance, and now it would be ahead? :shrug:

P.S. - the new decks that will be on sale are nice, but anyone could see how bad the ST deck Burza played with was, compared to Slama's SK one. It was not Burza's fault he lost, even the best player in the world would prbably lose against that SK deck, which seems really good, Slama said these decks were not top tier, but at least the SK one i can see being used to climb to Pro Rank, maybe the SY and NR ones too, with a few changes.

Last edited:
Igni was buffed, a troll buff..still a buff.
Still it is nice to have the option to allow us to line up before playing it, in long rounds there will always be 35pts in a row.

MF more OP than ever, Burza crushing Slama with these beautiful Dorfs, a dream :beer:
If they leave the Dorfs in that state we will have a meta around them.

I must applaud the devs for being able to completely ignore the "DOUBLE BALL" comment screeming in their faces.
Burza: "Anything to add Slama?"
Slama: "Nothing at all Burza."
Chat: "DOUBLE BALLLLL, BALL, TRIPLE BALL..."
Burza and Slama: "Well goodbye then!"

I'm done with the game until the new expansion comes,sorry but visual changes and minor tweaks for a few cards won't fix the apparent balance problems across all factions.Even then,they need to bring a huge amount of card balance because IMO there are too much under/overpowered cards.

I really think the devs need to play themselves into pro rank. 2 hours at work, and 2 hours as homework every day.
Post automatically merged:

I'm done with the game until the new expansion comes,sorry but visual changes and minor tweaks for a few cards won't fix the apparent balance problems across all factions.Even then,they need to bring a huge amount of card balance because IMO there are too much under/overpowered cards.

Why is everyone obsessed with expansions? That wount fix any of the trash cards in the game, unless that expansion also comes with a rework of many existing cards.

I really think the devs need to play themselves into pro rank. 2 hours at work, and 2 hours as homework every day.
Post automatically merged:

Why is everyone obsessed with expansions? That wount fix any of the trash cards in the game, unless that expansion also comes with a rework of many existing cards.
The last expansion was early december,meaning we've been playing with the same cards for 5 months and there weren't nearly enough balance changes.New cards change the meta and maybe fix some old cards by either countering or interacting with them.EVERY card game has to release expansions,that's what's makes the game going.

The last expansion was early december,meaning we've been playing with the same cards for 5 months and there weren't nearly enough balance changes.New cards change the meta and maybe fix some old cards by either countering or interacting with them.EVERY card game has to release expansions,that's what's makes the game going.

Sometimes you also need to work with what you already have.

MF more OP than ever, Burza crushing Slama with these beautiful Dorfs, a dream :beer:
If they leave the Dorfs in that state we will have a meta around them.

Not only that, now you'll be crushing your opponents with style thanks to the new visual upgrades from team Diamond.
Personally I was up all nights last week playing against NG thinking to myself: "If only there was a new visual animation for doom tags, it would make this game sooooo much more enjoyable.... here comes another Fang". Obviously I wasn't playing Dwarves, otherwise no NG player would dare enter R3 against that deck, and that's why they buffed Imposter, just to have a playing chance against mighty MF.

Guest 4368268

Underwhelming update (again) all around. I like the initiative change to Igni. I like for Gwent to be proper turn based strategy and I like the tug of war between getting an Igni/Scorch off or trying to avoid it. This is also why I have the idle hope that one day leaders will be used in separate turns. That would make the game 50% better for me and solve most balance issues that have plagued the game.

Wish they'd done the Luiza change months ago but beter late than never I suppose.
The 'poison nerf' they think they've done is a weird one. They say they think poison is too cheap so they put one particular poison card from 4p to 5p.. and buff it by one power at that. When people already run poisons in the 5p slots as it is (ST, Nilfgaard, Syndicate) so that won't really help whatsoever. On top of that they say they "like poison as a mechanic"

Once again, it just shows they're on a fundamentally different level of thinking than the people that actually play the game rather than develop it. Imagine if you could run 8 bronze Vanhemars' in a deck and you could just lock>destroy lock>destroy all game. That's the poison mechanic and it's silly. Anyway, I expect the meta to just revert to mostly ST now. Harmony is still absolutely broken and a problem across different leader abilities.

Mystic Echo is still ridiculously strong and it will be as long as it pushes out several engines in one turn. Imagine if Mystic Echo had to be used in a separate turn. You could play around it by banishing a card from the opponents graveyard (making that mechanic finally relevant) that's the kind of change I'd like to see. But unfortunately for now I'll have to settle for a handful of updated animations.

Top Bottom