UPDATE 6.2 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

+
1. auto mill does not work. when will you do?
2. I hope this patch is so small, because in June you will show the addition to the game

Last edited:
Does anyone else playing on mobile notice that after patch 6.2, music still plays after leaving gwent app, as well as the phone heating up more than usual whilst gwenting?
You'll have to be a little more specific than that, what are you on, Android, iOS? Phone model?

I never had troubles with the game, but since the patch it is laggy/buggy as hell. Cards are played but don't show on the board, cards drawn using Maata Huuri don't show up in the hand and cannot be played, but are counted by the game... I hope you will deploy a hotfix soon.

"Error Unable to download files" Someone have this problem on Android version ? 5,5 GB free space so I think its not phone fault. Sorry for polish version but I can't change this.
Screenshot_20200505-170328_Gwent.jpg

What a shame, really...

- No real balance changes for ages. some cards are trash since day one of h.coming. why is it so hard to tweak some cards even a little every month? Console versions are screwed, whats stopping them now???
- bugs bugs bugs every new patch.

I cant believe that this is CDPR... Ea games yes, maybe ubisoft, but not CDPR...

Just shut the game down if you can't handle it. Have a honor!

Guest 4368268

Don't wanna get too cynical here, I know the guys do their best. But honestly, when Jason talked about "sometimes we just delete a duplicated line of coding and oopsy it turned out that was actually very important." it doesn't sound good.
They're open about certain mistakes and I appreciate as much and I certainly don't think mistakes are possible to avoid 100% of the time. But this patch is an absolute disgrace. When chat pointed out some of these flaws in chat yesterday Burza said "well it's just because we're playing on a test kit." right.

There's random card texts floating around my screen, units disappearing and appearing out of nowhere or not appearing when they're meant to. The assimilate disaster everyone and their mother seems to immediately take advantage of (I once loved this game's community, I really loathe a big part of what it is now) so disappointed.

CDPR gets a lot of credit for their generosity (related to The Witcher in particular) and I get it. But man, through 4 years of Gwent there's been a lot of tomfoolery (enough!) going on. Without wanting to dramatize the situation, it does feel like a low point for the game. I don't doubt the hard work and good intentions of the team whatsoever. But I believe the incompetence has become undeniable no matter how positive by nature you are.

Every release of a patch or expansion or whatever you can be assured the game will need an additional week to root out certain glaring issues that often could have been avoided by consulting the community/testing properly.

The game is constantly freezing.. whilst in main menu, and I lost 3 games due to ingame freezing. This is frustrating.
Post automatically merged:

Bec
I just played 3 games and already spotted several game-breaking bugs :

- Assimilate triggers whenever a card is played : My enemy got his Devineress buffed twice when playing Fang of the Empire and Tourney Joust - same behaviour for Cup Bearer...

- I leadered Blaze of Glory on Morkvarg, thus sending him to the cemetary... but he wasn't summoned on the battlefield as he was meant to
Because it was banished probably.

Please.. for the next update fix these row limits. The limit of 9 per row really hurts certain playstyles like swarm.
Not to mention more and more cards are row locked. Your opponent plays a spy or movement or two and suddenly you miss out on 10+ points easily whether your opponent knows it or not. It feels more and more oppressive. Either add a third row (I know it won't happen because visuals > gameplay apparently) or widen the limits for the current two rows.

Also, the patch is bug ridden. Cards that are summoned from the deck that don't show up till several turns later, vitality status visuals that stay after the actual vitality does and others. During the dev stream Pavel and Jason seemed a little worried about how smooth the implementation of the patch would be, it turns out for good reason.
Your asking them to change the fundimentals of the game. I don't agree with this. It's a strategy game. Build your deck to accommodate. This is not a fair request.

Guys, have you forgotten about cards with cool effects and art that see zero play like the different Ciris?

I don't expect a huge amount of changes every time, but it's not hard to rework or buff a few dead cards.
It makes some of us sad time and time again when we see the patch notes.
Especially when the Devs stated they don't want "filler" cards in yesterdays stream. Only about 25-30 percent of Gwent cards are META and used to advance in Rank or Winning. All the remaining cards 75-70 percent never see play. I feel they need to do another pass over all the unused cards starting with Neutral, and working through each Faction every month. I'd like to see Nilfgaard given the first work through, Spy support along with Assimilate.
Post automatically merged:

Excuse me, wth ?

You doubled the price of meteorite powder and increased from 400 to 500 ?
Seriously ?
Shupe is saving up for next expansion and needs to stockpile all that Meteorite Powder ;P

If anyone hasn't already, Legends of Runeterra is a pretty fun game to play while Gwent is in its current bugged state. I downloaded it yesterday to see what the hype was about and there are definitely some great things in that game that Gwent should have.

I'm still not the biggest fan of Mana pools and the way the game is set up. I prefer Gwents 10 card hand and no mana.

However, something as little as having a little icon in the top right of the home screen that tells you the issues the devs are aware of and hotfixes it's planning to implement, goes a long way.

I could imagine if Gwent had something like this right now, so that we would actually know they are aware of the bugs that have been introduced in this patch and not left scraping through forums to see if a Dev posted something of relevance.

I'm hoping they do not take too long to fix these issues, it seems like they have their priorities out of order, and major issues are constantly on the back burner. If it takes another season to fix these issues, I'm afraid to see what will happen to Gwents player base.

It also seems like the pressure is building up, with all these issues and community backlash. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Homecoming 2.0 in the future, where they will try and address all the many issues they have not been "able" to address since the first HC.

Guest 4368268

Your asking them to change the fundimentals of the game. I don't agree with this. It's a strategy game. Build your deck to accommodate. This is not a fair request.
Well, three rows is one of the original fundamentals of the game (both in the Witcher Gwent and the Beta of the standalone game) so I'm reasoning from that perspective. Gradually I would just like to see the game move back towards that again.

If anyone hasn't already, Legends of Runeterra is a pretty fun game to play while Gwent is in its current bugged state. I downloaded it yesterday to see what the hype was about and there are definitely some great things in that game that Gwent should have.

I'm still not the biggest fan of Mana pools and the way the game is set up. I prefer Gwents 10 card hand and no mana.

However, something as little as having a little icon in the top right of the home screen that tells you the issues the devs are aware of and hotfixes it's planning to implement, goes a long way.

I could imagine if Gwent had something like this right now, so that we would actually know they are aware of the bugs that have been introduced in this patch and not left scraping through forums to see if a Dev posted something of relevance.

I'm hoping they do not take too long to fix these issues, it seems like they have their priorities out of order, and major issues are constantly on the back burner. If it takes another season to fix these issues, I'm afraid to see what will happen to Gwents player base.

It also seems like the pressure is building up, with all these issues and community backlash. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Homecoming 2.0 in the future, where they will try and address all the many issues they have not been "able" to address since the first HC.

So far i was thinking starting another card game from zero was stupid idea. Because i really do enjoy witcher universe and already know a lot of thing about gwent, can build and optimize my own decks. But after getting tormented by this repetitive gameplay in each game. I seriously consider giving it a chance. Whenever i heard the name of "Legends of Runeterra" on this forum, i disgusted it tbh. Now, developers pushed me to the point that i wanna give it a chance. Especially seeing how devs are interested in fixing their own game and showing to players what they are gonna do in next patches.

Last month I gave you a pass because the whole working from home thing, but for F sake this is the second patch in a row that has gone through zero QA and is a bug ridden pile of shit.
Is it going to be another season ruined waiting for fixes that will never come?

Top Bottom