The General Videogame Thread

+
So, no CP2077 for you?
The shooter aspect is why I've never been super excited about the game, that's no secret. I just don't like guns, which is why, when it comes to RPGs, I will always prefer games like the Witcher series or Elder Scrolls.

So far I fail to see the reason to call those new consoles a next gen, since none of the games that's been shown looks like they are taking a real advantage out of them.
It's not a hardware issue, it's how the games are made. All of the games we saw were made primarily for the PS4 and Xbox one, so.. They look the part. They're just cranked up to their pc counterpart quality. Only from now onwards devs(or most of them) will start making stuff that would take full advantage of the new console capabilities. There's a transition period that need to happen before we start seeing the difference. Right now, that difference is mostly in frames per second.

That's about the size of it. The hardware internals are what determine one generation from the next. It will be some time before devs can begin making games for them, as most devs don't have access to the actual developments systems.

Very hard to develop a game for a system I've never seen or used...

Doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Never played Call of Duty (FPS is a genre I have never had any interest in) but I know what they're like.

But at my current rate it'll take me a decade to even start the game. :ROFLMAO:

Well, they're not quite that bad! :p All I mean is ME 1 required players to handle things like tactical movement, set up synergy attacks, use the right type of weapon for the job, etc. Lots of pausing and issuing commands.

ME 2 and 3 handled much of this stuff more autonomously. The orders system was still there, but more context-sensitive. So, it was more about moving to cover, shooting at viable targets, waiting for teammates to automatically do their thing, then dashing forward to do a melee takedown. Much more cinematic, but I'd argue offering fewer options moment-to-moment.

The plot, world-building, and the visuals are really where the games shine. Some of the character scenes are excellent. Definitely the real Bioware team.

Have u guys seen the trailer for "The Ascent" on Inside Xbox?

IGN uploaded a 12min gameplay video today.

Imo cyberpunk aesthetic is fine and the gameplay is looking a bit like Ruiner. I'm kinda digging it.

I thought about mr. @kofeiiniturpa because I recall him talking about his preference for an isometric perspective on a Cyberpunk game -- I can be wrong though, apologies if that's the case.

I think they are currently working on a new baldurs gate and I probably will try it when it comes out. The old one feels a bit too dated for me to enjoy and way too much text which I kinda have an issue with as reading through incredible amounts of text constantly tires me out of the game and I also hate skipping.

Glad CP2077 will be voiced dialogues makes me far more invested personally.
Larian is developing it. So it will probably play and look a lot like Divinity Original Sin 1 and 2, except in a Forgotten Realms setting. And maybe with a bigger budget. So, there's reason to be optimistic about it.

Have u guys seen the trailer for "The Ascent" on Inside Xbox?

IGN uploaded a 12min gameplay video today.

Imo cyberpunk aesthetic is fine and the gameplay is looking a bit like Ruiner. I'm kinda digging it.

I thought about mr. @kofeiiniturpa because I recall him talking about his preference for an isometric perspective on a Cyberpunk game -- I can be wrong though, apologies if that's the case.

Love the setting, hate the perspective. :facepalm:

*Question: New Game+*
Hi All.

I'm well late to the party but my gf won me an xbox one x so the first thing my brother did was to send me Witcher 3 and haven't looked back since. Great game.

I've completed the whole game on normal mode but didnt have the ending I wanted. I don't keep all my save points (rookie error) so thought I'd do the whole game again using New Game+ feature and concentrate on the main quest.

Has anyone else done this and is it worth it for an alternative ending. I'm kind of enjoying it but slightly depressing to as e en though your level comes across to the new game, all the 'baddies' are also levelled up. And how will the end game and extention part be affected if side quests not completed e.g. are all the relationships built up adequately?

NB: I've now bought the extention packs so looking forward to that and v tempting to go straight there.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Last edited:
Remember this game?

Steam has a limited time demo up now.

Where are the online arena FPS? Does anybody here still plays them? What is it, if yes?

I hop in Quake Champions occasionally, but there are a few things I wish were changed in this game. The others just feel dead (may be the geographical problem, but still). Warsaw was fun back in the day, but I have no idea what it looks like right now.

Guest 3847602

Few screenshots from the upcoming Mafia 1 and 2 Definitive Editions:

I still do not fully understand what kind of a game Ghost of Tsushima is and i wasn't expecting much from the initial announcement. Something like Horizon (and i liked Horizon), nice beginning for a new IP with a lot of potential for future installments. And today's demonstration left me with, and i hate when people say things like that, yet like it is a samurai horizon zero dawn with a pinch of ubisoft design. Im still interested in this title, but now blown away.

Top Bottom