Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, im new here.
Im currently focusing on finishing contracts.
If anyone is interested in completing contracts, add me!
(its in korean, but just copy and past my name)
I've requested the developers to change my name to english but in the meantime yeah..

Hey yo, I'm pretty new here as well, add me on Gwent, I play it almost everyday due to Circuit Breaker haha.
Looking forward to completing some contracts with ya too! Cheers :)

*My name is the same in Gwent :)*

I'm not sure where else to go with this. Has anyone had any issues with Best Buy and pre-ordering the Cyberpunk either regular or CE and then cancel the pre-order April 30th because they "couldn't ship out the game by April 30th" even though the release date was pushed back to Sept 17th. Best Buy won't help me. I've tried the past two days, but I can't be the only one and a handful of others who has had their orders canceled.

I'm a little late here, but I'd recommend calling your Best Buy branch and (politely) insisting they honor your pre-order and shift the date. I don't know if they offered you money-back, but here's something I had to deal with in the past:

I had a DM when I worked at EB Games in Boston years ago that would use this sort of thing to try to force sales. After 20 days, IIRC, "pre-orders" would count as "finalized sales". So, customers had a max of 20 days after placing a pre-order, or it would be considered "past return". Meaning...no cash back / credit.

As many pre-orders were given as promotional offers (e.g. $49.99 instead of $59.99 "...if you act now!" stuff), any change to the release date would technically result in an "invalid sale", as pre-orders were directly connected to a "release date". He would tell us to cancel those pre-orders, meaning that customers would need, of their own volition, request their order be re-instated. We, however, would be told not to inform them of this, and instead give them the "bad news" that their order could not be returned, as it was past 20 days, but we could give them store credit. If they said, can I re-pre-order it, we'd charge them an additional $10.00, as the promotion had "expired", and were only allowed to tell them such.

ONLY if they specifically said, "No, I demand you honor my original pre-order," were we supposed to re-instate it. Aside from that, most people would get confused and annoyed, then accept it, and either spend an additional 10 bucks or buy something totally different...then wind up paying full price for the game when it released anyway.

Utter slime, but technically a viable sales tactic. (Suffice it to say I [and most of the other associates and managers at our branch] told our DM to suck eggs as pleasantly as we could, then let customers know what their REAL options were. We did outrageous amounts of business at that branch... I absolutely despised that guy.)

Sounds like your Best Buy might be trying to pull a similar stunt.

Hello everyone. I’m new to the board. I’m a musician that has been playing the guitar for more than 20 years. I was part of the gwent beta, didn’t touch the account for quite some time, and was happy to see alot of scraps added to it, so I started playing again and my favorite deck became Nilfgaard Poison. I’m a big fan of the witcher series, especially The Witcher 3. Looking foreword to play cyberpunk. Other games I’ve played in the past: Halflife, TW2, Morrowind+Oblivion, Trackmania, Rocket League (champ2), SOTTomb Raider, and Chess.

Yo, hello. I just got my PhD in Physics in the US East coast and is looking for a job. I had been playing Gwent since witcher III, then the beta. I stopped for 2 years shortly after homecoming due to the heavy PhD workload. Last month I defended my thesis and happened to see the Journey progression system, which really got me interested in Gwent again. And since we are all in social isolation, I guess its time to unlock all those reward trees. Its good to since the whole game is much improved since the homecoming, and its fun again.

Hey everyone!

Can someone explain the bounded tag for me on the sly seductress? It seems she gets a bounded ability even though there is only one copy of her on the board, is this intentional?

Hi,
I´m from Portugal,
And it's been a long time since I (who already bought the game when it came out, and haven't played it yet), and many Portuguese people want to play The Witcher 3, but the problem is that when the game launched, the Portuguese version of the game (European) didn't have the language PT-BR included (which unfortunately was the only Portuguese language released), what CD Projekt RED said was that the language was not available because the game has different publishers, and that of America is different from that of Europe.
However they said they would work on a pack of subtitles in PT-PT to make available in the store, 5 years have passed and we Portuguese are not able to play the game in Portuguese, which for me is the only way to play, because the game has a lot of content, and if I played in English I would miss out on a lot of story details.
Cyberpunk languages have been confirmed, and again there will be no PT-PT, only PT-BR.
I don't know what CD Projekt RED has against Portugal, but I bet that once again we will not play the game even in PT-BR in the European version of it.
I would like to ask if there is any way to contact CD Projekt RED directly (e-mail) for clarification,
Thank you

Yo! I am trying to get enough posts so that I can make a technical support thread! I also liked Open-world, RPG games. That's... why I'm here.

Hi everyone. I just arrived here today despite having made my registration a while ago.
I'm waiting for this game since I saw the teaser trailer back in 2013. It was love at first sight for me.
Since then, everything just added up to make me 100% certain that this will be another CDPR amazing game.
September just can't come soon enough.
Cheers.
Post automatically merged:

Cyberpunk languages have been confirmed, and again there will be no PT-PT, only PT-BR.
I don't know what CD Projekt RED has against Portugal, but I bet that once again we will not play the game even in PT-BR in the European version of it.
I would like to ask if there is any way to contact CD Projekt RED directly (e-mail) for clarification,
Thank you

I'm also portuguese and I have no problem to the games having all the languages available, as long as I'm allowed to change it to English.

I just don't like to play any game doubled in PT-PT. And if it's in PT-BR then I completely refuse to play it. No way!

That's why I have my Xbox language and location in English, that way when I buy or pre-order any game from XB store I'm sure it's the english version I'll get. I want the full experience of the game, original voices included.

EDIT: now I realized maybe I shouldn't have made this reply in this thread. I tried to delete it but there's no button to do it. Sorry, my bad.

Last edited:
Yo! I am trying to get enough posts so that I can make a technical support thread! I also liked Open-world, RPG games. That's... why I'm here.

Remember, you can post a topic here, flag a moderator, and we can move the topic to it's own thread.

Hello everyone. I’m new to the board. I’m a musician that has been playing the guitar for more than 20 years.
Welcome! I've been playing for just over 20 years myself! Always glad to have another musician in the group! Glad your enjoying GWENT again!
Yo, hello. I just got my PhD in Physics in the US East coast and is looking for a job.
I'm an EST resident myself! Congrats on defending your thesis!
Hi everyone. I just arrived here today despite having made my registration a while ago.
I'm waiting for this game since I saw the teaser trailer back in 2013. It was love at first sight for me.
Since then, everything just added up to make me 100% certain that this will be another CDPR amazing game.
September just can't come soon enough.
Definitely! Really excited to finally get my hands on the game after reading/writing so much about it.

Hi. I am new to the forums and I wondered why Gwent don't have Turkish language. I don't actually have a problem with this and I understand the process but I know that if it had the Turkish language, a considerable amount of people would start to play the game.

Hi. I am new to the forums and I wondered why Gwent don't have Turkish language. I don't actually have a problem with this and I understand the process but I know that if it had the Turkish language, a considerable amount of people would start to play the game.
Welcome! I don't know the answer as to why they haven't brought official language support to Turkey, but I'm glad to have you round these parts! Maybe one of the Reds would know.

Hello everyone, I am new here, never bothered to create an account but i've seen the forum before, as well many of you. It's a nice place, and I though i'd say hello. :)

Hello,

I am big fan of CDPR, I own all the Witcher games including a 2nd hard copy of the original Witcher.
like many of you I defend and support CDPR with a passion, because they deserve it. When they opened up pre-purchase (although I never prepay for a game) I signed up for GOG and bought it there so they would get 100%. When the delay was announced many of us supported the decision and said "take your time, make it good", "no crunch".

but I signed in specifically to post a grievance.

Recently, I heard that review copies will be released a week before launch. I'm not gonna lie This annoys me a lot more than the delay. Loyal fans who support and pay for the game get it after some youtuber or biased gaming website get it for free. What's the point if may ask? if the game is ready by then why do the paying customers have to wait?

Sorry for the long post, I just needed to get it off my chest.

Also if someone at CDPR reads this, your twitter account never replied to my question: Will Cyberpunk 2077 cutscenes have ultrawide support?

Recently, I heard that review copies will be released a week before launch.
Welcome to the forums!

I get your point, but the alternative is for no reviews to drop before the game releases ... which would keep those consumers who rely on reviews from being able to make an informed decision without having to wait to purchase until well after release. I would much prefer a transparent developer that lets consumers get critical impressions prior to the game being for sale. I very much dislike it when companies put their product for sale before any outside of house reviews are available.

What's the point if may ask? if the game is ready by then why do the paying customers have to wait?

So that reviewers have the time they need to write their articles and set their ratings. Which potential customers can then take into account when or if they decide to buy the game on day one. Which means they're being straightforward with their consumers by not withholding reviews until post launch.

It's a good thing.

Edit: Ninajd by Rawls, again.. :oops:

Last edited:
Edit: Ninajd by Rawls, again.. :oops:
Ninjaed.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom