Weapon | CyberPunk 2O77

+
Weapons: will there be many weapons in the game? very much? I like shotguns, and usually there are 5-6 models of shotguns in the game. Do you have more models of shotguns?
Is there a double-barrelled shotgun? ( Normal, not the one in the trailer )
What about melee weapons? Will it be enough? Knife, katana, bat, bottle, and so on.

Modifications to weapons, someone from youtubers said that you can replace almost any part in the weapon, as in Escape from tarkov, is it true? Or like all shooters, sight, shop, skin and all : (....

Can I modify melee weapons?

I doubt weapon modification would be Tarkov level, but knowing CDPR I don't think it will be a slouch of a feature either.

From what we know. Scopes, silences, stocks, potentially also sprays or patterns. I dont expect too much but it's better than nothing, silences are my favorite so that's already confirmed.

I hope you can customize your katana and even more badass if a sword could be used turning the immersive af cutscenes. Or simply having an NPC compliment on your weaponry/outfits if they look cool

Bruh, don't worry, there will even be an 8-Barrel shotgun (as per confirmed in the Deep Dive QnA by Pawl Sasko). I expect nothing less than The Witcher 3 in terms of loot and the quantity of it. As far of customization goes, have a looksie at this screenshot. Make what you will from what you see, but beyond that, can't say anything further.

Attachments

• firefox_2020-05-10_14-33-57.png
    firefox_2020-05-10_14-33-57.png
    813.8 KB · Views: 200
The scene in the gameplay video where V visits her arsenal to pick up her pistol and the firefight with Maelstrom makes me think that there will be a decent variety of weapons in the game and we'll use skills and modifications to further customize our load outs.

I am also a big fan of flash suppressors ("silencers") as I prefer stealth builds, but I am not opposed to being able to shoot though walls and doors with a tech shotty.

I'd like to be limited to a set number of weapons that I can carry. I kinda hate the GTA model of lugging around a golf bag full of guns. Never seemed realistic.

The scene in the gameplay video where V visits her arsenal to pick up her pistol and the firefight with Maelstrom makes me think that there will be a decent variety of weapons in the game and we'll use skills and modifications to further customize our load outs.

I am also a big fan of flash suppressors ("silencers") as I prefer stealth builds, but I am not opposed to being able to shoot though walls and doors with a tech shotty.

I'd like to be limited to a set number of weapons that I can carry. I kinda hate the GTA model of lugging around a golf bag full of guns. Never seemed realistic.

I certainly hope so. I'd say 4 weapons max is enough. It would be cool if it was, say, 2 weapons by default, then players would have to trade off armor or other gear if they wanted a 3rd and 4th weapon.

For me, I intend to do pistol and a melee weapon only for my first run.

I certainly hope so. I'd say 4 weapons max is enough. It would be cool if it was, say, 2 weapons by default, then players would have to trade off armor or other gear if they wanted a 3rd and 4th weapon.

That probably would be stupid, but I wouldn't mind a mechanic that determines the amount of guns you can carry by their types, i.e. heavy guns are capped at two (unless modded/equipped for more) and pistols and such are capped at, like, four or something.

The idea of max carry number is very interesting. I'm not sure if the game is doing it, since it's been shown on video that V can carry many apparels "in the pockets". Not sure then how realistic the inventory management would be.

The idea of max carry number is very interesting. I'm not sure if the game is doing it, since it's been shown on video that V can carry many apparels "in the pockets". Not sure then how realistic the inventory management would be.

Conceivably it would be realistic to be able to carry three weapons: a pistol in a holster, a rifle slung across your back, and a third weapon in your hand at the ready.

Of course even with Night City's relaxed open carry laws, I doubt anyone would feel comfortable with you having a drawn weapon in public, so having access to multiple holsters would be desirable. Additional holsters might be a currency sink you could hand off to the gun merchants of the city.

It seems like 2 smg-rifle sized guns and a pistol, maybe there is a forth Slot for melee weapons? Maybe thats the point of the nanowire and mantis blades, they dont take up a weapon slot.

I would have preferred a cell based inventory system like how the neo-Deus Ex games have. However I don't think that would have been a good choice seeing as sheer loot variety and volume in thus game will be much, much higher than either of the two. So, I'm fine with whatever - Magic pockets included. Just gimme a sweet display case (which we already have :D) and i'm gold.

I would have preferred a cell based inventory system like how the neo-Deus Ex games have. However I don't think that would have been a good choice seeing as sheer loot variety and volume in thus game will be much, much higher than either of the two. So, I'm fine with whatever - Magic pockets included. Just gimme a sweet display case (which we already have :D) and im gold.
an apartment like Adam Jensen's with a place to show of our neat weapons and badass trench coats

Night City is a dangerous place to be and you should be prepared to defend yourself all the time. There are three classifications when it comes to weapons in Cyperpunk 2077 which are Power, Smart and Tech. Alongside a large arsenal of guns, you will also have access to some melee weapons, as well as deadly cybernetics built right into your body, which mean that being disarmed could be taken literally in some cases.

I already wrote this but
I wanted to propose an idea to add a katana that only has an electric arc instead of a blade that will extend from the handle to the separated scabbard (hold the scabbard in your left hand and the handle on the right. There is no blade. At the moment of disconnection, the handle and scabbard do not bind anything. Let the scabbard will be a battery in a katana (power source. The charge travels through the air from the scabbard to the handle.) Such a weapon could easily cut through steel, like a knife through butter, like an electric arc.
But its charge is limited, for a certain number of hits and it would have to be recharged again - so the weapon will not make the game much easier.
And naturally, the exposure of such a sword should last only a second (open, cut the object, quickly return it to its scabbard), because energy is also spent on heating the air passing through it and the charge is quickly consumed. It would look very impressive. The analogue to this is the chainsaw from DOOM 2016. It is rarely used, but works flawlessly - a powerful weapon.
View attachment 11056814
An analogue to this in the picture above, only instead of wires-contacts on the sides - the handle of the katana and its "sheath". View attachment 11056823View attachment 11056820
View attachment 11056817
For a better explanation, I couldn't find a picture.
XFp-MQGMnec.jpg
thumb_1200x630_thumb_910x0_b607c9af0-1.jpg

Such a wave of electricity is capable of making wide cuts, but stabbing blows with such a wave will not work (most likely). It's more like a whip that cuts through steel, but this whip has no end.

I also wanted to ask - where is the thread on this site, where can you offer solutions for weapons and design? There is already a thread for a design proposal for cars, but I have not yet found the same thread for weapons. Maybe there people will give their suggestions for the design of weapons.

Last edited:
Can you chop someones leg off and use it as a flail? I want that in the game.
POSTAL 4 lets you do that with a human head. As for Cyberpunk, I wouldn't count on it, but man, thinking about that right now, that's definitely a feature I'd welcome! Even though it doesn't have much of a meaning for the game or its design or anything, as it seems.

I am afraid that weapons have certain levels for you to equip, for example, you're lvl 5 but the pistol you like is lvl 7, so you can't equip it. They did that in witcher 3 where the swords can be equipped if you reach a higher level. I hope that they stick to weapon mastery rather than leveling.

I am afraid that weapons have certain levels for you to equip, for example, you're lvl 5 but the pistol you like is lvl 7, so you can't equip it. They did that in witcher 3 where the swords can be equipped if you reach a higher level. I hope that they stick to weapon mastery rather than leveling.
I agree. I remember when I played Morrowind right off the bat I found a daedric katana and it was op. But then when Oblivion came out everything was leveled to your character's lvl which I think is dumb. I like what Kingdom Come Deliverance did: you can find higher level weapons but if your not skilled enough you can't use it effectively, but you can still use it.

This is exactly what I want. Have a max number of weapons and when you leave your apartmen you have to think and make a decision on what you want to take that will suit the missions you have to do that day the best/ how you want to do a mission and what weapons are best to do it that way.

The problem this brings up, though is how will you, as v collect weapons you find on missions? Do you have to now abandon one of your current weapons?

Top Bottom