Intro Decks now available!

+

If you're looking to try out a new faction or grind the ongoing faction challenge, we have prepared just the right thing for you! 6 new decks ready to play consisting of 25 faction specific cards and designed to synergize with the new leader abilities: Hidden Cache, Blaze of Glory, Mahakam Forge, Uprising, Imposter and Overwhelming Hunger. Suitable for players of all skill levels and available in the in-game shop.

Check them out:

Hidden Cache Syndicate deck

Greed is good! Easily amass coin reserves and use your impressive wealth to get the most out of units with the Hoard ability.

Blaze of Glory Skellige deck

Cleave through your opponent’s ranks with one fatal, decisive blow — then bring a fallen ally back into the heart of battle.

Mahakam Forge Scoia'tael deck

Embrace the power of Mahakam! Armor up your brave dwarven warriors and lead them into battle with full force.

Uprising Northern Realms deck

Strengthen your key units and summon reinforcements at the critical moment!

Imposter Nilfgaard deck

Disrupt the enemy’s game plan and turn their strategy against them!

Overwhelming Hunger Monsters deck

Grow your army of bloodthirsty beasts by sacrificing favorable targets and overrun your opponent!

The addition of intro decks into the store catalogue is a step in the right direction for those players who don't have the time to gather all the resources necessary to construct them. I hope Jason Slama and his team provide more interesting and effective products to buy in store beside the usual kegs, meteorite powder packages, and limited selection of ornaments.

I hope there are more events in the future that require player participation besides the faction challenges. For example: card creation contest (those cards with the most overall popularity and acceptance from the player base get his/her card added into the game).

DRK3

Forum veteran
The decks are pretty good, but the prices, at least in EU, seem ridiculously overpriced.

Almost 20eur for each? Are all the cards premium or something, to justify such a pricetag? I dont know how is the new player experience, but i dont think they would have such trouble putting up a decent deck in a short timespan, just by focusing their resources (and there plenty in the beginning thanks to tons of simple contracts) on faction kegs of the faction they wish to dedicate themselves to.

A nice addition to the shop for new players!

I have one comment: as far as I can see, the NR deck contains 2 cards (one legendary, one epic) from Thronebreaker, and the ST deck 1 (legendary). So for new players who plan on playing Thronebreaker or have played Thronebreaker, these decks lose value. So maybe give a discount on these decks for players who have completed the first Thronebreaker contract (If I recall correctly, you get that one for simply starting the game)?

The decks are pretty good, but the prices, at least in EU, seem ridiculously overpriced.

Almost 20eur for each? Are all the cards premium or something, to justify such a pricetag? I dont know how is the new player experience, but i dont think they would have such trouble putting up a decent deck in a short timespan, just by focusing their resources (and there plenty in the beginning thanks to tons of simple contracts) on faction kegs of the faction they wish to dedicate themselves to.

You think is a lot ? Price here is $ 95.

With $ 95 you can buy cyberpunk 2077 and another new game anywhere.
I will never understand what they have in their brains. The people who command finnances in Gwent have no idea of the reality of 3rd world countries.

Easha

Forum regular
I won't judge the price, but the quality seems decent.
More fancy versions of the starter deck and you should still stand a chance as F2P-player. It's great that the legendary gold cards you get are viable in different archetypes so you can use them as solid base for other self-made decks as well.

There is also a guide on how to improve and play them which can be found here.

You think is a lot ? Price here is $ 95.

With $ 95 you can buy cyberpunk 2077 and another new game anywhere.
I will never understand what they have in their brains. The people who command finnances in Gwent have no idea of the reality of 3rd world countries.

damn where are you from?

rrc

Forum veteran

I asked in twitter and @ThorSerpent confirmed that the cards are NOT premium. I also agree that the decks are very good (except for the shitty MF Mahakam Forge which sucks).

$27 for one deck?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This whole game is worth like $5. Max. I'm not even saying it's a bad game, but it is definitely just another digital collectible card game, of which there are dozens, that really only requires a team of like 4 developers and was probably an upfront investment of no more that $500k (let's no forget that Gwent was originally just someone's little side project tossed into the Witcher 3 for free...).

The FFVII Remake was like 10 years in the making with hundreds of millions of dollars invested into it and you can buy ALL of it for $79.99. So CDPR thing one deck, only one deck, is worth $27? BAHAHAHAHAH what an absolute joke!

I understand not wanting to fill a starter deck with the most overpowered cards......BUT for 20$ these are kinda garbage. I mean the deck don't even come close to hitting the provision cap provided to them. I get this is suppose to be a starting point for players but the decks should at least use all provisions. Considering what your getting 20$ seems outrageous. I would of payed maybe 5$ for one of these when I was new.

Just started to attempt to start playing Gwent 2 days ago. While browsing the shop, these intro packs seem the most appealing. However, the ingame shop interface does not let players read the cards offered in these decks. So I had to tediously take a screenshot of the decklists and go into the deck builder to look up each card for all of them while evaluating if I want to buy these 25 card bundles worth around 4600 scraps or just gamble 15 kegs worth 75 cards = 5000+ scraps. If buying one of these decks was like looking for your future spouse, it feels as if the engagement was decided purely on the outward appearence rather than the personality. It's like i'm being offered a to buy gift boxes that I do not know the content of.

Could these intro deck be better introduced rather than with just a screen shot of the decklist above the price tag?

The same goes for the legendary that comes with the other starter keg bundles, as a new player, I have no idea what I am buying nor if they are worth buying.

I would advise you to take it slow and learn to play with the provided starter decks.

Both the starter and intro decks are currently out of date without any cards from the past expansion, which means the only immediately near competitive deck would be the Syndicate starter with Jackpot leader and some alterations. Though i would say syndicate is the hardest faction for beginners to play.

Still, there here is a good video about all the intro decks made by misterhabbla. Hopefully this will help you decide.

I'm setting up a friendly game between a friend and I, my decks are complete whereas he is just starting. I'm trying to figure out fare handicapping, so as not to turn him off of the game. Any help with complete starter decks would be appreciated. Or any suggestions on how to make it fare but still competitive would also be appreciated.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I'm setting up a friendly game between a friend and I, my decks are complete whereas he is just starting. I'm trying to figure out fare handicapping, so as not to turn him off of the game. Any help with complete starter decks would be appreciated. Or any suggestions on how to make it fare but still competitive would also be appreciated.
I think Nilfgaard-Lockdown is the best way to learn the basics. Maybe you can find a budget deck on playgwent.com.
If he wants to spend money: The Skellige Intro deck seems to be quite good.

Top Bottom