Daily quests are illogical

+

Qzman

Forum regular
Ok so we have basic low level quests to get 3 wins, either with any faction or with one specific faction for 40 ore. That's a problem because quests with more requirements like faction should be worth more.

Same goes for 60 ore quests, only there the difference should be even more, something like 80 ore for faction specific quests.

"Win 5 matches" gets you 60 ore, but so does "play 10 matches", what's up with that? If you win more often than you lose you have to put in much more work for the same amount of ore.

Quests to play special/neutral cards seem balanced... But who tries to play 20 or 40 artifacts? With normal decks containing between 0 and 1 artifacts, very rarely 2, this takes an incredibly long time to complete.

Also, the black "new rewards unlocked" screen after you claim 7 daily login rewards in a row is kind of obsolete... The devs should make some sort of normal, tasteful transition between reward screens.

Just my 2 cents.

Ok so we have basic low level quests to get 3 wins, either with any faction or with one specific faction for 40 ore. That's a problem because quests with more requirements like faction should be worth more.
Same goes for 60 ore quests, only there the difference should be even more, something like 80 ore for faction specific quests.
"Win 5 matches" gets you 60 ore, but so does "play 10 matches", what's up with that? If you win more often than you lose you have to put in much more work for the same amount of ore.
Quests to play special/neutral cards seem balanced... But who tries to play 40 artifacts? With normal decks containing between 0 and 1 artifacts, very rarely 2, this takes an incredibly long time to complete.
Also, the black "new rewards unlocked" screen after you claim 7 daily login rewards in a row is kind of obsolete... The devs should make some sort of normal, tasteful transition between reward screens.
Just my 2 cents.

My ideal system would be as follows.

pool 1 smallest rewards. Play X cards, play X matches, play X with specific faction. 40 ore participation is the only requirement.

Pool 2, next smallest rewards. Win X matches, win X matches with specific faction. Victory is the only method of completing.

Pool 3 largest reward pool. Rather than play 40 artifacts or 60 special cards, do something like play 5 matches where you used 6 non unit cards. Or win 5 matches using x special cards and x artifacts, or win x matches using only neutral cards. Something involving both participation and handicap or victory and handicap.

within each reward pool is a range. Pool 1 40-60 ore.

pool 2 70-80

pool 3 1 or 2 reward points.

player gets to select which pool they enter knowing that the time required in pool 3 is significantly higher than pool 1 or pool 2. Also limit of X times you can choose pool 3 per week. Re rolls take place within each pool and do cross between them.

Qzman

Forum regular
Pool 3 largest reward pool. Rather than play 40 artifacts or 60 special cards, do something like play 5 matches where you used 6 non unit cards. Or win 5 matches using x special cards and x artifacts, or win x matches using only neutral cards. Something involving both participation and handicap or victory and handicap.
Those 2 are pretty constraining conditions combined... I'd rather keep the single requirement and balance it than introduce another.

Those 2 are pretty constraining conditions combined... I'd rather keep the single requirement and balance it than introduce another.

Isn’t that the point of the quests? To get people to do play and try things they otherwise wouldn’t. You said yourself most hands have no artifacts yet play 40 is a requirement. This creates throw away games and decks. My way at least forces the player to try and win or at least play the full game. That said, the rewards might be too low for the amount of effort involved.

The original poster is 100% right just his language is too soft. Daily quests are awful! They are boring, repetitive and often accomplished just by throwing a few games with a deck on 20 artifacts or something similar. Daily quests hugely contribute to what is becoming a boring grind of a game.

I had a similar problem with Hearthstone.
Obviously Gwent is much, much more generous and f2p friendly, however Hearthstone gradually improved those quests, making them far easier to complete. Since packs/kegs cost 100 gold/ore in both games, I believe they are comparable.
Even when I started playing Hearthstone though, the "win 3 matches for 40 gold" quest was with any class, not a specific faction. I believe a large number of Gwent players prefer to focus on one faction, meaning a Scoia'tael player will probably find the "win 3 matches with Nilfgaard" quest exhausting.
You can always reroll of course, but chances are you will get another "win X matches with a faction" quest (I got Nilfgaard -> Northern Realms today).
My suggestion would be to change all the "win X matches with a faction" to "play X matches with a faction", and maybe give players a choice of two different factions for each quest. They would still encourage you to experiment, plus you would not be punished for not having a meta deck for a specific faction.
Ideally CDPR could model them after Hearthstone's current quests, for example play 3 matches with one of 3 classes for 60 gold, but no need to be too greedy, Gwent is already very generous with rewards.

Normaly i don't have a problem with quests, but recently i've been playing against lot of quest decks and it started to really piss me off. I hate those quests that just force you to throw bunch of games (40 artefacts, 45 bombs, 45 spells, 10 Auberons,......). I think CDPR should at least lower the requirements so that you can get it over with in 1 game.

Normaly i don't have a problem with quests, but recently i've been playing against lot of quest decks and it started to really piss me off. I hate those quests that just force you to throw bunch of games (40 artefacts, 45 bombs, 45 spells, 10 Auberons,......). I think CDPR should at least lower the requirements so that you can get it over with in 1 game.

Sandbox mode. Non competitive mostly doing quests with 20 more provisions and more direct control over your hand. Leave casual for competitive play and ranked for ranked play. That would solve it. Also, a taunt letting the person know this is a non competitive game

Quests to play special/neutral cards seem balanced... But who tries to play 20 or 40 artifacts? With normal decks containing between 0 and 1 artifacts, very rarely 2, this takes an incredibly long time to complete.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree, with quest like play 40 artifact or spells, etc it promotes people jumping into casual with a deck that has as many of those cards as they can fit and just play them then forfeit. I'm guilty of this too.

That rewards screen is annoying because the rewards never change apart form the random cards you get. I wish they had more variety there.

We can't complain too much, because most games do not offer login rewards indefinitely, it's usually a one week (or month) thing to get you started and then it's only daily/weekly quests. The fact that CDPR has both systems, plus journey and contracts is great. They just need to be polished a bit more.

they are more or less ok, but indeed they're always the same, no variety.
What is a totally absurd is a quest from the reward book this month: "Play 45 bombs" . Not 10, not 15. You have to play 45 bombs. What happened there, the developer was having a bad day?

they are more or less ok, but indeed they're always the same, no variety.
What is a totally absurd is a quest from the reward book this month: "Play 45 bombs" . Not 10, not 15. You have to play 45 bombs. What happened there, the developer was having a bad day?
M

Maybe someone fat fingered the 4 and 5 together and did not check their work, so it should only be 5 bombs, and it was not worth fixing in the hotfix. :shrug:

Top Bottom