What will the system requirements be? Lets discuss!

+
My guess for HW requirements would be:

minimal (low settings, 1080p 60fps):

GPU: 970, 1060, 1650, RX570
CPU: Ryzen 3, i3 9100, some old i5
RAM: I wouldn't be surprised if minimal would be 12GB, but 8GB is pretty normal.

But I think it could be better and maybe 1050Ti and 470 would be minimal. But we'll see how far the game pushes the hardware if it's going to release on current gen consoles and next-gen too.

(max settings without DXR, 1080p 60fps):
GPU: 2060 or 2060 Super, 5600XT or 5700
CPU: Ryzen 5, i7 7700 or i5 9400
RAM: 16GB

With ray tracing activated I think 2070 or maybe even 2060 Super might be good for 60fps in 1080p with max settings. (I hope so, lol)

But like I said before, game is coming out on current gen consoles, that's why the requirements could be lower. On the other hand the game is also coming out next gen consoles so it has to look better and PC will probably have to match it at least, so in that case I would say the requirements I wrote above might be fitting.
But the game could also be greatly optimized and even weaker PCs could run it although it could look like potato.
I know that W3 is optimized very well but it wasn't so great at the release. It took year or two until I could run the game at max settings with 980.

ajje

Forum regular
So far I've not found a single title that has required more than my CPU from 2013 (core i7 4770). Even Witcher 3 was light on that CPU. From what I've seen from the cyberpunk 2019 segments however, there's an insane amount of entities to manage, of dynamic stuff that needs to be traversed per frame. No matter how simplistic certain AI passes and locomotion routines can be made, just the sheer volume of stuff, and the significant bump in dynamic range for the non-static entities will mean significantly more CPU processing than W3.

My old Geforce 1080 has also been able to keep up at 1200p (8:5 AR), with most games fluid at around 60fps, with just a handful exceptions that dip into the 30-40 fps range. The texture memory and bus speed between the old mobo and the card is what I'm concerned about for this title, as the textures looked very crisp.

Unless CDPR implements some clever data structuring and adaptive texture selection for at runtime balancing of fidelity and fps, I may have to upgrade to a 1080 TI/20xx with more memory. Or I may just have to accept running with bloom filters, motion blur and other film trickery that I'm certain CDPR will put in, for this very reason (or "artistic ones" as studio pr-reps like to call it). Not a fan of those effects personally, and it would detract from my experience of the title.

I'm mentally prepared for this title being the first one that stresses my 7 year old hardware to the point where frame rates dip below 30 at full quality, even after the post-launch game optimizations that are sure to follow.

Darn, that means I'd have to go through all the hassle of building a new rig, and argue, beg and plea with microsoft drones, convincing them of the fact that some people actually do replace 90% of the components, in order to get windows re-activated on the new assembly.
Post automatically merged:

I think this is a pretty reasonable estimate. The GPUs listed may be a bit at the low end though.
I'd estimate a 1080 TI or better (2080 or 2080 ti) to be required for max quality given what I saw from the 2019 reveal. Even my ancient 1080 (non-TI) card is on par with a 2070, and I think both will have trouble keeping up at 60fps, 1080p max quality given the scene renderings they showed.

If I had either of the cards you listed above, I'd just hold off on buying anything new until I fired up the game myself. But if I was sitting on a 10 year old machine and needed to upgrade today for some other reason, then I'd go for at least a 1080 TI card. I'm certain the devs won't cease optimizing until they hit a performance target that allowed at least the reigning champion of ML workloads to run the game at the target visual fidelity.

Last edited:
So far I've not found a single title that has required more than my CPU from 2013 (core i7 4770). Even Witcher 3 was light on that CPU. From what I've seen from the cyberpunk 2019 segments however, there's an insane amount of entities to manage, of dynamic stuff that needs to be traversed per frame. No matter how simplistic certain AI passes and locomotion routines can be made, just the sheer volume of stuff, and the significant bump in dynamic range for the non-static entities will mean significantly more CPU processing than W3.

My old Geforce 1080 has also been able to keep up at 1200p (8:5 AR), with most games fluid at around 60fps, with just a handful exceptions that dip into the 30-40 fps range. The texture memory and bus speed between the old mobo and the card is what I'm concerned about for this title, as the textures looked very crisp.

Unless CDPR implements some clever data structuring and adaptive texture selection for at runtime balancing of fidelity and fps, I may have to upgrade to a 1080 TI/20xx with more memory. Or I may just have to accept running with bloom filters, motion blur and other film trickery that I'm certain CDPR will put in, for this very reason (or "artistic ones" as studio pr-reps like to call it). Not a fan of those effects personally, and it would detract from my experience of the title.

I'm mentally prepared for this title being the first one that stresses my 7 year old hardware to the point where frame rates dip below 30 at full quality, even after the post-launch game optimizations that are sure to follow.

Darn, that means I'd have to go through all the hassle of building a new rig, and argue, beg and plea with microsoft drones, convincing them of the fact that some people actually do replace 90% of the components, in order to get windows re-activated on the new assembly.

I think this is a pretty reasonable estimate. The GPUs listed may be a bit at the low end though.
I'd estimate a 1080 TI or better (2080 or 2080 ti) to be required for max quality given what I saw from the 2019 reveal. Even my ancient 1080 (non-TI) card is on par with a 2070, and I think both will have trouble keeping up at 60fps, 1080p max quality given the scene renderings they showed.

If I had either of the cards you listed above, I'd just hold off on buying anything new until I fired up the game myself. But if I was sitting on a 10 year old machine and needed to upgrade today for some other reason, then I'd go for at least a 1080 TI card. I'm certain the devs won't cease optimizing until they hit a performance target that allowed at least the reigning champion of ML workloads to run the game at the target visual fidelity.

Im running a 4790k and its still a beast but definitely starting to show its age even with my 1080ti.
Will be building an entirely new rig though a week or so before CP2077 launches. hoping to get 120 or so fps (@ 3440x1440) with a 3080ti (or whatever the new series top tier card is) and with a more than likely a 4900x from AMD seeing as Intel pooped the bed with the 10th gen today. usually id happily pay a premium for an i9 even if it beats AMD's top CPU by 2 frames because I'm a frame horder. but not this time around.

Lets face it the bare minimum specs cant be any lower than current-gen consoles given its to be available on them. anything over that really is just fluff features that are allowed to run.

:D Thx i will do something like that, but it will be more then 100 euros, also so far all game worked and i don't plan to go for 4k ress :D 1080p is fine.

I also probably need to upgrade bios again.

i have;
i5 9300h
gtx 1650
16gb ram
and i hope i can run it on 60 fps on lowest 1080p settings. I really want to play this game and since most of the pc users using 1050-1060 graphic card im confident about this

Hi guys, i currently have:
  • Ryzen 3 1200
  • 16gb 3000mhz
  • RX 580 4gb
Is it possible i will be able to run it? On med-ish? I think it depends how CPU hungry CB will be.
Im planning to update my bios and grab Ryzen 5 3600, after that i should be ok ? If funds allow it :)

Im expecting simmilar requirements to RDR2 and i saw almost same PC with R5 3600 is able to get stable 60fps on RDR 2 with adjusted settings (some high, some mid, couple ultra too)
For example here https://tinyurl.com/y7o78wzx with little worse GPU RX570.

If not i have PS pro as back up tho.

Last edited:
  • i5-3470 @ 3.20 GHz
I'm full of hopes and dreads, fellas.

Should be crying in pillow every night since The Witcher 3, tbh. You're suffering huge CPU bottleneck Sell this i5, get Intel Xeon E3 1246 v3 from ebay or aliexpress and second 8gb ram stick, that should make your rig ready for Cyberpunk with minimal money investment, GPU is still alright for High-Ultra settings.

Last edited:
Should be crying in pillow every night since The Witcher 3, tbh. You're suffering huge CPU bottleneck Sell this i5, get Intel Xeon E3 1246 v3 from ebay or aliexpress and second 8gb ram stick, that should make your rig ready for Cyberpunk with minimal money investment, GPU is still alright for High-Ultra settings.
Appreciate the advice! No can do, though, because I have already determined the next upgrade/build.

Basically, I want my next upgrade/PC be decently VR-ready, plus some money to buy the actual headset itself. Given my area and prices and salary, any upgrade before that is a total waste of money unless I buy the parts required for the VR-ready PC.

What's your experience with i5-3470, though?

Hi guys, i currently have:
  • Ryzen 3 1200
  • 16gb 3000mhz
  • RX 580 4gb
Is it possible i will be able to run it? On med-ish? I think it depends how CPU hungry CB will be.
Im planning to update my bios and grab Ryzen 5 3600, after that i should be ok ? If funds allow it :)

Im expecting simmilar requirements to RDR2 and i saw almost same PC with R5 3600 is able to get stable 60fps on RDR 2 with adjusted settings (some high, some mid, couple ultra too)
For example here https://tinyurl.com/y7o78wzx with little worse GPU RX570.

If not i have PS pro as back up tho.
I think when you turn off the shadows and anti alaising you can play on high settings. At least i hope you can because i really want to play the game on medium with 1650.

*i5 7400, newer architecture, still really bad at multitasking and latest games. Planning on changing the rig completely is even better idea, tbh.

BTW I made a mistake, should be Xeon 1270 v2.
I see. I'll keep the advice in mind anyway, thanks for the heads up!

I see. I'll keep the advice in mind anyway, thanks for the heads up!

Not sure how much cash you have but keep an eye out on ebay / 2nd hand sites for used 8700k and the like from people upgrading to 10th gen.
You dont have to bite immediately, September is awhile away.

(geez just had a look here in australia, damn they are holding their price. And almost all new gear has dramatically risen in price since start of covid)
-- Holy hell , Noctua a12x25, paid around $35 2 years ago. Now the same stores are selling them for $69-$75!!!
Im considering / planning first ever custom loop and will be looking at 8 fans for 2x 560 rads. These are crazy bad times to be buying.
--- just spoke to mate at pc retailer, sales are doubled since covid. Seems people are bored at home and want to spend their cash on toys. Combined with slowed supply and taking advantage, prices through the roof...

If you've got any used equipment laying around, end that procrastination now and flog it

Last edited:
Not sure how much cash you have but keep an eye out on ebay / 2nd hand sites for used 8700k and the like from people upgrading to 10th gen.
You dont have to bite immediately, September is awhile away.

(geez just had a look here in australia, damn they are holding their price. And almost all new gear has dramatically risen in price since start of covid)
-- Holy hell , Noctua a12x25, paid around $35 2 years ago. Now the same stores are selling them for $69-$75!!!
Im considering / planning first ever custom loop and will be looking at 8 fans for 2x 560 rads. These are crazy bad times to be buying.
--- just spoke to mate at pc retailer, sales are doubled since covid. Seems people are bored at home and want to spend their cash on toys. Combined with slowed supply and taking advantage, prices through the roof...

If you've got any used equipment laying around, end that procrastination now and flog it
I can't say that I can't afford the upgrades I want, it's just way out of priorities right now and the cash are reserved for some other plans.

Besides, the biggest problem is my motherboard, or it's socket - LGA1155. I mentioned earlier in this thread that any upgrades or completely new builds should really be worth it, specifically, VR-ready.

Kinda glad that I'm not buying any parts for my PC right now, though, these prices are nasty. By the time I have all the money to burn and courage, new RTX GPU and the next-gen console will have come out, which, hopefully, means lower prices for some categories at least.

If 2077 is on current gen consoles, then the minimum requirements will be equivalent. And since it will definitely also be on the next gen consoles the recommended specs are equivalent to next gen consoles.

Unless you are planning to then upgrade your GPU later on, that would be redundant since your GPU would bottleneck your CPU.

I would personally save for a x570 mobo, to give myself a upgrade path.

Last edited:
My guess for HW requirements would be:

minimal (low settings, 1080p 60fps):

GPU: 970, 1060, 1650, RX570
CPU: Ryzen 3, i3 9100, some old i5
RAM: I wouldn't be surprised if minimal would be 12GB, but 8GB is pretty normal.

But I think it could be better and maybe 1050Ti and 470 would be minimal. But we'll see how far the game pushes the hardware if it's going to release on current gen consoles and next-gen too.

With ray tracing activated I think 2070 or maybe even 2060 Super might be good for 60fps in 1080p with max settings. (I hope so, lol)

But like I said before, game is coming out on current gen consoles, that's why the requirements could be lower. On the other hand the game is also coming out next gen consoles so it has to look better and PC will probably have to match it at least, so in that case I would say the requirements I wrote above might be fitting.
But the game could also be greatly optimized and even weaker PCs could run it although it could look like potato.
I know that W3 is optimized very well but it wasn't so great at the release. It took year or two until I could run the game at max settings with 980.
Good post, i hope we dont need i7 7700 to achieve 60 fps @ max settings.
I have i7 4790k / 5700XT / 32 GB

Top Bottom