Unofficial Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'm not so much into gang wars, violence, drugs etc but I'm very interested in Artificial Intelligence, robotics, psychology questions. Do you think this could be a game for me?
Gangs, violence and drugs will certainly have a presence in the game, though to the extent that the player will be involved will certainly be effected by player choice, but to what extent we don't know. I doubt the player will be forced to (recreational) drugs and the devs have confirmed that it is possible to complete the game without killing (this doesn't preclude violence).
2. regarding romance options, in Witcher 3 I feel like I can only date girls that look like top models, not so much into that. Will there be more diversity aside from the NPC genders? Like maybe a cute chubby girl?
We have no idea. We don't even know for sure which of the characters we've already seen, if any, are romancable. Characters like Vic, Misty and Dex at least show there are normal looking humans in the game, but The Witcher games also had non-romancable characters like this so it's anyone's guess.

I've never thought CP2020 actually promoted drugs. They're certain out there, simple to acquire, and often an "easy" solution to a temporary problem, and VERY much a crutch players could come to rely on. But if you take a moment to consider the side effects and possible, hell probable if you over use them, addiction aspects the underlying message is much the same as real life.
Don't!
It's not worth it in the long run.

I've never thought CP2020 actually promoted drugs. They're certain out there, simple to acquire, and often an "easy" solution to a temporary problem, and VERY much a crutch players could come to rely on. But if you take a moment to consider the side effects and possible, hell probable if you over use them, addiction aspects the underlying message is much the same as real life.
Don't!
It's not worth it in the long run.

Sure, and I think the player character will obviously have other things to strive for that they hold more important.

But I think the culture that forms the backdrop of Cyberpunk is very much one riddled with people that exist to escape. Drugs, alcohol, braindance...all perfectly common and accepted in society.

There is a nice chapter on drugs in the core rule book for 2020 with the nice caption that Cyberpunk without drugs is a healthier one.
Though as usual it mostly falls on the GM if drugs make an appearance or not.
1580624485840.png

Sure, and I think the player character will obviously have other things to strive for that they hold more important.

But I think the culture that forms the backdrop of Cyberpunk is very much one riddled with people that exist to escape. Drugs, alcohol, braindance...all perfectly common and accepted in society.

I hope they go with escapism, but so far only thing Ive read is freedom, but then again Cyberpunk doesnt really seem like escapism, the world is screwed up entirely so what there is to escape, people are facing the harsh reality so to speak.

Common ... definitely.
Accepted ... I'd wager a significant number of people "tolerate" rather then "accept" them. Much like real life.

I agree. But the tolerance level is clearly miles beyond our modern world. Plus, invariably, there are people that revel in it. And the response is no longer "due process" or "restoring order"...it's meeting fire with fire, corruption with deception, and greed with compromise (to mitigate further destruction).

Therefore, I think the violence, drugs, and abuse are much more readily accepted or embraced (...one has to embrace the same things to fight back.)

I hope they go with escapism, but so far only thing Ive read is freedom, but then again Cyberpunk doesnt really seem like escapism, the world is screwed up entirely so what there is to escape, people are facing the harsh reality so to speak.

Which is what would breed the escapist mentality, I'd say. It's the same as escapism in the modern world. Someone may develop habits that are, shall we say, less than healthy if not outright destructive, but the reality is still waiting for them the next day. In Cyberpunk, I'd envision those escapes to be much more readily available and the consequences largely "all or nothing". (Hence, "nothing" being the result most everyone gets used to. They'll only get to experience "all" once.)

Which is what would breed the escapist mentality, I'd say. It's the same as escapism in the modern world. Someone may develop habits that are, shall we say, less than healthy if not outright destructive, but the reality is still waiting for them the next day. In Cyberpunk, I'd envision those escapes to be much more readily available and the consequences largely "all or nothing". (Hence, "nothing" being the result most everyone gets used to. They'll only get to experience "all" once.)

Sure, drugs work but exercising is one way, not to mention gaming. Its fun topic if asked from me, freedom has been done in game industry before but no escapism. i dont mind if they did freedom with this game, but maybe escapism for sequel.

Sure, drugs work but exercising is one way, not to mention gaming. Its fun topic if asked from me, freedom has been done in game industry before but no escapism. i dont mind if they did freedom with this game, but maybe escapism for sequel.

Not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm referring to a sort of "cultural mentality" in Night City (my impression of it, of course). I'm just basing it on what we've seen of the culture in the game: Jackie's reference to V pulling a 3-day drinking binge; the Malestrom gang offering drugs like a cup of coffee; the idea of putting kids into Braindance as a "day-care"...

It's not like escapism is the only way people deal with life in Night City, but it does seem to be a very prevalent way of dealing with things. (And obviously, it seems that it will be something that's challenged by V's experiences. S/He'll have a "cause", so to speak.)

Generally, if you use them on a regular basis, you have "accepted" them.

Yeah, but there will always be some percentage of people in the world who will never accept it, never use it and actively fight against it. Then, there will be that percentage that will never accept it, never use it, but just walk around it. That second group would be showing "tolerance", not "acceptance". (They're not welcoming it; they're simply not fighting it.)

My overall point is that drugs, sex, and rock-and-roll is no longer a taboo in the world of Cyberpunk. It would be the equivalent of...say...a girl showing her ankles or shoulders in the 1600s Americas. Or a man not wearing a hat and coat in public. Those things would have been absolutely appalling, uncouth, society shunning it in return, just -- unaccpetable -- and the authorities arrive to handle things. Nowadays, no one would even take notice except for a tiny (and arguably insignificant) portion of the population. So, citizens of Night City engaging in the drugs, sex, and rock-and-roll would be as common as guys and gals wearing tank tops in public today.

So, citizens of Night City engaging in the drugs, sex, and rock-and-roll would be as common as guys and gals wearing tank tops in public today.
Mores change, this is an inevitable result of time. If the changes are "good" or "bad" is often a matter of opinion.

Mores change, this is an inevitable result of time. If the changes are "good" or "bad" is often a matter of opinion.
More often than not we're also able to see only a fraction of the actual changes - tradeoffs are common, and the video game industry is old enough to promote changes on the score of polishing the experience for the player (be it bugs, performance or plain old fun of the game).

if i pre-ordered on steam will i get some goodies like the soundtrack and digi-artbook?
For the most part the pre-orders goodies are not platform specific (with a few exceptions). From https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-preorder-bonuses-editions-release-d/1100-6459539/

The standard edition will include the base game and some digital bonus content, including an art booklet, game soundtrack, wallpapers for desktop and mobile, and a Cyberpunk 2077 sourcebook. It'll also come with some physical goodies, such as Night City postcards, a world compendium, stickers, and a map of Night City.

Order at GOG.com, and you'll get even more stuff. In addition to the above, you'll receive an exclusive digital booklet about the game (more details coming soon), an additional set of wallpapers and avatars, and a print-quality Cyberpunk 2077 posters.

So the soundtrack and the digital art booklet should come with the SE on steam.

[PC related] I pre-ordered the game on GOG but if multiplayer does roll out would that not be limiting since most of the player base will be on Steam? Or do we expect there to be cross-play between the two (GOG and Steam)? Thanks!

[PC related] I pre-ordered the game on GOG but if multiplayer does roll out would that not be limiting since most of the player base will be on Steam? Or do we expect there to be cross-play between the two (GOG and Steam)? Thanks!
Gwent has cross-play throughout platfroms/launchers. Maybe they'll do the same with the CP MP game.

Hi, I would like to ask a question.

I preorder a Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's edition on zone 2. The thing is In the promotional picture there is the French language in it, which makes me wonder about the artbook and everything else inside will be English or French?

Attachments

• 62457786_427911827787789_2900892255420153856_n.jpg
    62457786_427911827787789_2900892255420153856_n.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 60
The thing is In the promotional picture there is the French language in it, which makes me wonder about the artbook and everything else inside will be English or French?
That's an excellent question to which I do not know the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom