What game are you currently playing

+
Hello!

I had wanted to play Gwent since long ago, but it not being available for mobile prevented me from doing so.

After Blizzard decided to rotate whizzbang and introduced a broken hero I decided to ditch Hearthstone.

Then, I got word of Gwent being on mobile, and got word of how F2P friendly it is. I've been liking it a lot. I even started playing Thronebreaker again.

However, sometimes I feel the need for some variety.

Im wondering if anyone here could recommend an autobattler to fill the void Hearthstone battlegrounds left.

Ideally, one which is as F2P friendly as Gwent while at the same time is a bit more casual.

I'm saying this because unlike Hearthstone, I cannot cook or do stuff while playing Gwent XD

about to play rebel space outlaw , R6 siege , Valorant , God of War , banner lords, for the time being , what do you play?

Currently playing Salt and Sanctuary, a (not so) small indie game clearly inspired in Dark Souls games.

Despite the small team and budget restrictions, the game is quite large and complex, on a similar level to the souls and soulslike games, definitely recommend it to those fans who want something similar.

My next game will be INSIDE, another indie i had been wanting to play for years.

Right now on my free nights I'm going old school, taking out the dice and playing some D&D with friends. Biggest silver lining of the times is I've realized how easy it is to get together a couple evenings a week and have some PnP gaming fun via video ... and it's just about as fun as in person with the right group.

Good times.

Im playing bloodlines currently but when my majors finished, im going to play ac odys, fallout new vegas and deus ex series until cp 2077 comes

AC Unity (Stunning visuals, crowded and actual revolution scenes! and story so far ok. Just the world far apart and parkour definitely better than Odys(if exist) but the fluid parkour control not easy to learn)

Maybe will try Syndicate too.

So, it’s been a year and a half or two since I last touched it, so I decided to try a rerun of Witcher 3. Perhaps to get something of an idea of what to expect from Cyberpunk.

I’m about 4 hours in, doing stuff in White Orchard and I’m struck by the familiar feeling of how stunningly beautiful the game looks and sounds and... how painfully boring it is to play (due to a variety of reasons).

Not sure if I can finish it up before CP is released, but if nothing else, it has already strentghened my views on what I wouldn’t want (and haven’t wanted) to see, whilst I’m pretty sure the stuff that’s good about it will be present.

I’m about 4 hours in, doing stuff in White Orchard and I’m struck by the familiar feeling of how stunningly beautiful the game looks and sounds and... how painfully boring it is to play (due to a variety of reasons).

Do you mean the game in general or the White Orchard missions? Also, I found that increasing the difficulty to greatly increases how fun the game is, bc many of the enemies move from easy kills to needed legit strategy to defeat and from cupcakes to basically one shot-ing you

Do you mean the game in general or the White Orchard missions?

The game in general, because it doesn't really... "evolve" at all. The missions are fine as they are written, but the gameplay is what drags it down (and as said, it has multiple factors that count towards that... like the completely bonkers itemization and its scaling, and the weak weak weak character systems design).

Also, I found that increasing the difficulty to greatly increases how fun the game is, bc many of the enemies move from easy kills to needed legit strategy to defeat and from cupcakes to basically one shot-ing you

I am trying it now on harder than previously. But so far I haven't found the way I am more easily killed to increase the "fun factor" much. Some, but not much. And I can see how some of the bossfights might just break some boundaries on how frustrating something can be, since they were that already on normal difficulty.

That might be because while I like challenge, I don't really consider constantly punishing difficulties to be very fun.

That might be because while I like challenge, I don't really consider constantly punishing difficulties to be very fun.

I can agree with this. Personally, I like B&BB difficulty the best -- and that was true of all the games. It's very rare that anything will 1-shot you, but potions, decoctions, oils, and bombs have a huge impact. They can turn a fight from a grueling slog-fest into a very manageable and decisive fight.

(S&S feels like potions and bombs and stuff are never really needed, and DM feels too drawn out to me.)

I'm playing Final Fantasy XV, at the moment. I have 15 hours in the game and I can say that the cutscenes and main story are very good, BUT the side quests are HORRIBLE. They are typical fetch quests with little or non backstory to them. I'm very disappointed in that regard. I think that Witcher 3 set the standard for meaningful side quests that are as interesting as the main story. So any game that releases after Witcher 3 can't simply offer irrelevant and boring Fetch Quests.

Are there any good Witcher 3 gameplay mods that change more than just roll animations and such?

Like others here, I find Witcher 3 gameplay lacking. And while the idea of replaying the game is enticing, I can't bring myself to do it with the original combat that feels laggy and unresponsive.

There's so much people can do on a game without official modding tools like TW3, so don't expect to find anything too impressive out there. That being said, perhaps the Enhanced Edition mod is what you're looking for?

Personally I wanna try Ghost Mode when I play the game again. I don't want something as radical as the other one, by that point I'd rather play Dark Souls.

Last edited:
I can agree with this. Personally, I like B&BB difficulty the best -- and that was true of all the games. It's very rare that anything will 1-shot you, but potions, decoctions, oils, and bombs have a huge impact. They can turn a fight from a grueling slog-fest into a very manageable and decisive fight.

Yeah, B&BB feels pretty good so far punishmentwise. I just dread the moment when the "bossfights" start to appear.

Never liked them. In any game. Aside from some ancient platformers and sidescrollers.

Yeah, B&BB feels pretty good so far punishmentwise. I just dread the moment when the "bossfights" start to appear.

If it helps any the Bestiary is your friend. Higher difficulty in TW3 can be punishing for errors. It's far less so if you exploit the Bestiary to maximum effect. One of the better examples would be something like Water Hags. Next time you pass by one chuck a Northern Wind at it.

If anything this aspect felt like one of the better portrayals of the character to me. The preparation aspects of Witchering. Recognizing the appropriate tools to tackle a foe and using them to win the battle before it begins.

Never liked them. In any game. Aside from some ancient platformers and sidescrollers.

Really? Interesting. Personally, that's what I base the difficulty on. I don't tend to have much trouble with human opponents or packs of drowners and stuff.

It's the boss fights I want to feel right. I don't want a fight in which I can mess up more than once or twice. I want to feel like I'm in real danger, constantly. That's where I think B&BB shines. Yeah, given the right gear, I might be able to take down that legendary foglet, or that cockatrice stalking the waterway, by simply hacking and slashing them to death, but it will be really hard.

If, however, I apply the right oils, use the right bombs, and employ signs and the x-bow tactically...I can kill the thing in a matter of 60 seconds or so without taking a hit. THAT is really satisfying.

Still, there are a few encounters that I think are still unbalanced. The Shrieker and Jenny'o'th'Woods are two prime examples. Seems like their quest level is significantly too low. Both are possible at green, but extremely harsh fights. I often die and reload at least a couple of times when I play them.

Boss fights and monster contracts were some of my favorite things in The Witcher 3 but a few of those had... annoying peculiarities.

Take Olgierd’s fight for instance: on the one hand he (along with the other bosses and most new creatures from the expansions) had the best AI in the whole game (compared to enemies in the base game, of course) but, on the other, once you got the gist of the fight it turned into a test of persistence after a while, especially on Death March difficulty. The same with Dettlaff on the final stage of his fight.

What I enjoyed the most about monster contracts was how involved those quests were in general. Were this game a run-of-the-mill MMO, for instance, those would’ve consisted of very predictable and tedious raids/encounters where loot is what matters most. Instead, even though after a while it was easy to tell the formula most of the contracts followed (notice board -> quest giver -> research and preparation -> exploration -> fight -> prize), each of those used said formula in a somewhat different manner (e.g. sometimes killing the creature wasn’t required, or the creature happened to be something unexpected). Plus, many had some high-enough production values to boot: animations, dialogs, enemy variety up to some extent, even freaking music tracks in some cases.

Of course, some contracts weren’t the most exciting thing ever, but one could tell the majority of them had some considerable thought and work put behind them :ok:

Really? Interesting. Personally, that's what I base the difficulty on. I don't tend to have much trouble with human opponents or packs of drowners and stuff.

I didn't really find them hugely difficult... well, some were tougher than others, but anyways. More like frustrating and choresome.

There was a pattern that pretty much worked for any and all enemies and with big fights it was always a question of do I start hunting for ingredients for bombs and oils and what not to make the fight end sooner... that's always an hour or more of checking some herbalists and running around the woods looking for the right kind of bush, or killing stuff in hopes they drop what I need... or do I get on with it with what I have and just endure because be as it may, it might just be over with lesser bother that way. Well, sometimes it was (for all I know), and sometimes it wasn't (clearly).

But yeah, I'm not fan of boss fights. And I actually shudder at the idea of them in Cyberpunk.

Top Bottom