Leaderboard and MMR

+
What is MMR and how is it earnt? Looking at the leaderboard a guy in 4th place only has 10 wins and over a 100 loses.

MMR is a stat that says how strong an opponent is. When you fight someone with a higher MMR, you will gain more MMR, if you win, compared to fighting someone with a lower MMR. The same applies to losing. There is a soft cap on MMR, which basically means that after every win, you gain less MMR until you reach the top and are "capped" out.

Where things go south (well, kinda) is that MMR is calculated per faction, not per player. A player has 4 MMR scores called faction MMR (fMMR for short). There are 6 factions, but only the highest 4 are calculated. This means you can basically mess up with 2 factions, having countless loses and still climb to the top with the other 4.

That doesnt make a huge amount of sense but i'll go with it :)

I've just hit rank 25 so my score is now showing, im rank 15971 :) yay.
Does your score change depending on the faction you are using or are all factions taken in to account as its listing 13 wins and 2 losses despite only playing one game since ranked, and I know I have a shed load of losess from when I first started out. This seems to be a completed record for one faction only.

All factions are taken in account. Also, MMR is pretty much irrelevant before you reach pro rank (rank 0). Before that, only your rank matters.

Just found the MMR stuff listed in the profile and now I can see how it all works, thanks :)

I see you get points for losing. I've been getting a lot of instant forfits since doing ranked play, never had any before, is this people just trying to quickly boost rank? isnt the max MMR lowered if you keep losing ?

How does MMR work in regards to reach 100% for a faction? once you hit 100% do you stop getting MMR if you play games? thats what has happened to me with one faction, but I see from the leader board people have played well over 100 games and are still gaining MMR.

You keep gaining MMR at a decreased rate. Regardless, you need 100% played to get the full MMR bonus.

Top Bottom