Thesis survey (game-induced travel)

+
Will do. :)

I've read several papers on the topic, in particular for Assassin's creed 2 and italian cities like Rome, Florence and Monteriggioni.

I have participated in the survey! Kabukichō in he Yakuza Kiwami game is nearly as accurate as the real thing. Don't ask me how I know.

Done! Wanted to help a bit more but couldn't think of a real place I saw on a video game.

Done. I recently completed my master's thesis and I gotta admit... it was hard! Especially if you are having a full time job. :giveup:

But learning is its own reward, and I mostly enjoyed the process of writing the paper because I chose a topic that I am quite interested in. An excellent decision that you managed to make in matching a hobby of yours with an academic writing. This will be super-helpful for you.

So wishing you the best of luck on your paper and I look forward to seeing it published!

Just finished! Fun!

This is a cool idea for a thesis. What's your focus? Design? Psychology? Travel and Tourism?

Done. I recently completed my master's thesis and I gotta admit... it was hard! Especially if you are having a full time job. :giveup:

But learning is its own reward, and I mostly enjoyed the process of writing the paper because I chose a topic that I am quite interested in. An excellent decision that you managed to make in matching a hobby of yours with an academic writing. This will be super-helpful for you.

So wishing you the best of luck on your paper and I look forward to seeing it published!

Thank you for participating! It is indeed a long process but a rewarding one, I'd say. :)
Post automatically merged:

Just finished! Fun!

This is a cool idea for a thesis. What's your focus? Design? Psychology? Travel and Tourism?

Thank you for participating!
Travel and tourism. I'm a marketing student, mainly interested in consumer behavior, in this case applied to the field of tourism.

Thank you for participating!
Travel and tourism. I'm a marketing student, mainly interested in consumer behavior, in this case applied to the field of tourism.

Awesomes. This is a such a great idea.

Done. I recently completed my master's thesis and I gotta admit... it was hard! Especially if you are having a full time job.
It is indeed a long process but a rewarding one, I'd say.

Very true. I was teaching and working as an Artist-in-Residence for 2 different schools when I did my master's.

The day I submitted my first draft to my committee for revision...my chair notified me that they had mistakenly sent me the agenda from the year before. My final revision and defense were in 72 hours.

To be fair, all three on my committee got a revision back to me overnight, which I couldn't believe, and I basically stayed up for 48 hours straight editing it and putting everything into the bloody format for publishing.

It's one of my fondest memories. (I truly did find it to be a very rewarding experience. Except for that end part.)

I really envy people who have the time and energy to pursue a master's degree.

Anyway, I answered the survey. Good luck on your thesis! Let us know how it goes!

I really envy people who have the time and energy to pursue a master's degree.

While I appreciate the sentiment -- why? :) It is a lot of work at times, but I thought my university paced it out really well. And, like anything else, as intense and overwhelming as things may seem from the outside, once you're into the process...it's just day-to-day life.

For me, the only thing I regret is the cost. If I was to go back, I'd probably enroll in a European university. US universities are outrageously expensive.

While I appreciate the sentiment -- why? :)

Because I want to get a master's degree but it's just too difficult to do while working full time. I know it's hard and I fear I might fail classes if I try doing it at the same time as work. And the thesis... I don't think I want to go through that again.

Because I want to get a master's degree but it's just too difficult to do while working full time. I know it's hard and I fear I might fail classes if I try doing it at the same time as work. And the thesis... I don't think I want to go through that again.

I encourage you to explore it! I was working full-time, in the schools, plus I needed to to work 2 part-time jobs just to make ends meet. (Boston is not cheap.) All I really had left (on the schedule) was time for courses and course work...and yet I still remember a lot of good times with friends, too.

Besides, no one says you need to do it within a set time frame. I took one semester of full course load. NOPE. I dropped it to 0.5 during the school year and made up the courses over summer sessions. Took me 3 years instead of 2, but it was still only 3 years in the end.

Explore the options! You'll be booking clients' hotel reservations through video games in no time! ;) ... :p

Top Bottom