Season of Magic is here!

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, it didnt take long for seasonal mode to degenerate into 'Gord-fest', with everyone desperate to win R1 to have last say and have their giant Gords safe.

I've also faced NG, which sucks because they have Yen's Invocation x2, basically you cant play 2 great cards on the early rounds or they'll definitely be used against you later.

Why the fk you reset rank after every season?

I busted my a55 to reach lvl 9 and then I got demoted to lvl 12.

So whats the point od climbi g ?
Have you never encountered ranked progression before? The model Gwent uses is far more accommodating than most of the other games I've played. Losing just a couple of ranks each month is certainly preferable to being reset back to 20-30 each season.

Newbie here; does each season have a special arena mode or will there only be classic mode? Very much enjoyed the Viper arena!

I'm in the exact same boat too. I reached level 9 also and it was like a kick in the nuts when I logged on and saw that I deranked to 12 also. To add insult to injury I only needed to win 2 more matches to complete the win 150 matches in classic mode during season of viper. Dammit I wish I would have played yesterday. Grrrrr

@InkognitoXI
Well, maybe, I just made quick funny deck without any wider plans... Just leader, few units with harmony and a lot of strong specials... But combo Brokilon Water x2 > Leader > Brokilon Water x2 is just overpowered ;D And probably things like Bone Talisman for swarm decks (36 points at once)
Also that bomb which gives poison is OP now, becouse you can destroy every single unit with one move ;d

DRK3

Forum veteran
@InkognitoXI
Well, maybe, I just made quick funny deck without any wider plans... Just leader, few units with harmony and a lot of strong specials... But combo Brokilon Water x2 > Leader > Brokilon Water x2 is just overpowered ;D And probably things like Bone Talisman for swarm decks (36 points at once)
Also that bomb which gives poison is OP now, becouse you can destroy every single unit with one move ;d

Yeah, i found it funny to see that poison bomb because last year, exactly during this month and its seasonal mode, it was the only time in Gwent HC where poison was used more often... then came Merchants of Ofir and made poison super popular...

But yeah, its definitely OP in this mode, instakill + 3x2 damage on adjacent units for what? 5 provisions?

On the Android version I'm getting "Could not connect, this game version is no longer supported." the entire day, reinstalling the game didn't help - is this a known issue? (on PC it works fine.)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S10.

Where can I post suggestions for the game?

And why can I not create threads? Or maybe I can, but I don't know how.

Where can I post suggestions for the game?

And why can I not create threads? Or maybe I can, but I don't know how.

You can create new threads once you've reached 10 posts. In the mean time, you can make a suggestion in the Welcome Thread. A moderator can then move the post to the correct forum.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've been having a blast with this seasonal mode, probably in my top 3 of all seasonal modes.

And it seems it's actually quite balanced between factions, with each going for different strategies:

-NG has Assimilate and tactics and Yen's Invocation, and seems like its one of the most popular, but i've had no problems beating it

-ST and SY have Gord decks and similar strategies with those elven sages and intimidate/crimes, respectively

-i thought MO was the underdog, but i saw an Arachas guy, who pushed me really hard R1, then again R2, almost 2-0ed me and i even had surrender and vissegerd to destroy a lot of his units, but basically you either have a ton of row punishment or Yrden or you lose, its the Kikkimore version of this seasonal

- SK has a lot of amazing alchemy cards, with revives and control (decoction and delirium), i can proudly say i didnt let a single Damien or Skellen i faced use his orders!

-even NR can do well, with necromancy and reinforcements giving crazy value, i used these with caravan vanguards and i saw an opponent use them with cintrian guards and it was one hell of a match.
You can also do some crazy stuff with sabrina's inferno and revenants, had an opponent do a board wipe on my side 3 or 4 turns, and i was putting 3/4 units each turn...

Last edited:
I just finished the "win 15 rounds in seasonal" quest, and i have to say, this was THE WORST gaming experience i had in very long time. This time seasonal is more broken than ever, comparable only to Wild hunt season. Wining 15 rounds is not even a chore anymore, it is outright torture! On blue coin you can't win and on red coin your opponent will quit, so what you have to do is to hope that someone will take pity on you and let you win R1 on blue coin 2 or 3 cards down.
On the other hand, this mode is perfect for ST, SY and NG masteries, red coin = instant win.

I just finished the "win 15 rounds in seasonal" quest, and i have to say, this was THE WORST gaming experience i had in very long time. This time seasonal is more broken than ever, comparable only to Wild hunt season. Wining 15 rounds is not even a chore anymore, it is outright torture! On blue coin you can't win and on red coin your opponent will quit, so what you have to do is to hope that someone will take pity on you and let you win R1 on blue coin 2 or 3 cards down.
On the other hand, this mode is perfect for ST, SY and NG masteries, red coin = instant win.

I have yet to see one player quit on blue when I won red coin. I think you just had bad luck.

Why the fk you reset rank after every season?

I busted my a55 to reach lvl 9 and then I got demoted to lvl 12.

So whats the point od climbi g ?
it is done this way so players who become inactive don't sit and clog up the leaderboards and instead will gradually move downwards.

I did drop 2 ranks & got 15 keys as reward, i'm fine with that.
It's a good system to get the inactive out after some time.
Do all get 15 keys after a season ends, or is it tied to the rank?

Top Bottom