Politics in 2077

+
And City Government.

So, Night City seems to have governance and someone named Peralez ran for (probably) Mayor/Council or (possibly) NorCal. But I think Mayor.

And it's a quote, indicates it's the past. Pacifica is not cleaned up by 2077, so looks like a good hint that Peralez is Mayor of Night City in 2077? Seem reasonable to you?

Peralez 1.JPG

From the Deep Dive.

So far, that looks like Night City still has a vague shape of democracy, albeit probably Corp influenced/controlled, just like in 2020.

Interesting. All I can say is I'd be thrilled if we got TW2 levels of political intrigue. And since Sebastian Stepien was lead writer on both projects, my fingers are crossed.

Do you think some parts of the world could shape with political actions ? I really want that to happen.

One example. Imagine if you'd want Pacifica to remain unchanged, and you fail to counter Peralez electoral campaign. Result : he becomes the mayor and put his words into actions... Pacifica district is erased and rebuilt to something else in a few weeks time. Most of the people there ran away, some of your contacts there have moved to another district, with their power greatly diminished.

Interesting. All I can say is I'd be thrilled if we got TW2 levels of political intrigue. And since Sebastian Stepien was lead writer on both projects, my fingers are crossed.

Give me a character as complex as Iorveth, and you have yourself a deal.

I'd say more of a bureaucracy then a democracy. The local government (such as it is) mainly the administration and "legitimacy" for the policies set by the Corps. The population may get to vote for certain city offices, but rest assured all the potential candidates that stand a chance of being elected are backed by, and beholdng to, one or more Corps.

I'd say more of a bureaucracy then a democracy. The local government (such as it is) mainly the administration and "legitimacy" for the policies set by the Corps. The population may get to vote for certain city offices, but rest assured all the potential candidates that stand a chance of being elected are backed by, and beholdng to, one or more Corps.

Sounds familiar. Whoops, ignore that :).

It's certainly seems to fit the vibe of the game.

So far, that looks like Night City still has a vague shape of democracy, albeit probably Corp influenced/controlled, just like in 2020.
It'll be very interesting to see how the reigns of power work in the city. Just based on the setting, it's fairly clear to me that the corps will ultimately be in charge and likely "above the law" in some respects. But it would be really cool to see how the different districts manage their affairs. There are a lot of interesting stories to be found in trying to keep some form of unity, justice, tranquility, security, prosperity and liberty alive in an inequitable dystopian future. Also lots of interesting stories could be found in the corruption and underhandedness amungst officials and those they deal with. So there's definitely lots of potential here.

“Night City” and “democracy” on the same sentence... something’s not rig-- oh OK, there is “Corp influenced/controlled” too. You scared me for a second there, hoping for Night City to be a decent place with political progress :coolstory:

Whether shallow / corporate puppets or not, it would be interesting to see the local government or politicians at work and in-game.

Top Bottom