Help setting up Polish Language for TW3

+
Hej,
I'm super excited to be here at the forum!

Anyhow I cannot make new threads until I reach 10 posts so I will shoot here and we where it gets me. I hope either a mod or a fellow player can help me out.

I play the Witcher (2 & 3) on PC through Steam. I am Dutch so standard I play with English UI and English audio. However since I will pick up Polish language classes in September, I would like to set the audio in Polish. You know language assimilation xD So yeah I installed the Polish version of the game, followed some tutorials on trouble shooting, but it's still... not working.
First I had no audio at all. (English still worked).
Now we are at the point of having clear Polish audio when I bump into guards or talk to Triss (I'm in Toussaint atm). So I was like "ok it works". I started a new game and the audio is gone again in the cut-scene. Well actually it isn't gone, it sounds super super silent. Like as if I am underwater. My audio devices still work. I even reinstalled my drivers and tried other headphones.

I first of all want to know if
a) The problem is within the game
b) The problem is me
c) The problem is steam

For a and b, I need help. C is easily solved because then I just uninstall the game and buy it on GOG or even go out and pick up a physical copy at a local game store. Boom done. So yeah that's my question. Sorry for the long read.

Last edited:
Post moved to a new thread!

As for a response, as well -- I also played TW1 using Polish audio with English subtitles. You should be able to set that up using the default, English version. There should be no need to download some other version of the game.

If there was a need, can you describe what options you have by default under the Main Menu ---> Audio?

Post moved to a new thread!

As for a response, as well -- I also played TW1 using Polish audio with English subtitles. You should be able to set that up using the default, English version. There should be no need to download some other version of the game.

If there was a need, can you describe what options you have by default under the Main Menu ---> Audio?
Hej thanks for the reply.

It's actually the 3rd game I try to play in Polish not the 1 or 2.
I mean I probablydo in the future but I wanted to rerun Wild Hunt so xD

When I first installed the game I only got English as audio option. So I looked up how to change it in the community hub of steam. And apparently you have to switch it here
1591942050533.png

And then change this
1591942128761.png

Dunno why because after dowloading the Polish patch (steam actually downloaded smth that is 2GB) you can simply switch it in the option menu in game. But nothing happens.

I mean disappointed but not surprised. Because earlier this morning I remembered I had this whole issue with steam years ago where it never run/started up in the first place so I gave up on it after reinstalling it 5x and just didn't play games for a whole year.

Hej thanks for the reply.

It's actually the 3rd game I try to play in Polish not the 1 or 2.
I mean I probablydo in the future but I wanted to rerun Wild Hunt so xD

When I first installed the game I only got English as audio option. So I looked up how to change it in the community hub of steam. And apparently you have to switch it here
View attachment 11045552

And then change this
View attachment 11045555

Dunno why because after dowloading the Polish patch (steam actually downloaded smth that is 2GB) you can simply switch it in the option menu in game. But nothing happens.

I mean disappointed but not surprised. Because earlier this morning I remembered I had this whole issue with steam years ago where it never run/started up in the first place so I gave up on it after reinstalling it 5x and just didn't play games for a whole year.

(Ah, yes. I misunderstood. TW3 definitely has regional language availability.)

Hm. That certainly sounds like you've done everything right. I'd send this into CDPR Support directly.

One thing I can suggest in the meantime (if you want, as this may still not work) is to uninstall the game, then re-install only the Polish version to a new directory path. Do not allow Steam to put it in the same folder. You'll likely need to define a new library location through Steam. It's possible that the game may be conflicting with leftover files from the older, English installation.

(Ah, yes. I misunderstood. TW3 definitely has regional language availability.)

Hm. That certainly sounds like you've done everything right. I'd send this into CDPR Support directly.

One thing I can suggest in the meantime (if you want, as this may still not work) is to uninstall the game, then re-install only the Polish version to a new directory path. Do not allow Steam to put it in the same folder. You'll likely need to define a new library location through Steam. It's possible that the game may be conflicting with leftover files from the older, English installation.
Sorry for the late reply. I had a couple of real rough weeks at college (exams and final project).

Thanks for the help.
How can I contact CDPR directly? I tried to look for it but I couldn't find an email address.

I might try that. Now it's summer holiday I might to a second run, but I will try to install in on my laptop instead of desktop (I am on the road often so). Hopefully that works. If not I will contact CDPR, tho I would feel a bit guilty as I think they have more important matters now.

No worries! (I'm busy as all get-out, myself, too.) Also no worries about contacting Support. That's part of the job. They simply may take a little longer than usual to respond, is all.

Start here:

Just follow the FAQ for language packs to the end (ensuring you attempt all suggested steps -- weird things do happen -- ), and you'll find a link to contact Support at the end.

No worries! (I'm busy as all get-out, myself, too.) Also no worries about contacting Support. That's part of the job. They simply may take a little longer than usual to respond, is all.

Start here:

Just follow the FAQ for language packs to the end (ensuring you attempt all suggested steps -- weird things do happen -- ), and you'll find a link to contact Support at the end.
Hej,

Thanks a lot! Gonna try everything once more and if it doesn't work I will email support!

Top Bottom