Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

Don't know if it was mentioned before, but:

The thing that annoys me in most games are cutscenes that can't be paused. I can't count how many times I was in need of pausing cutscenes ( or conversations in Witcher games), because I had to pick up the phone, rush quickly somewhere or do something else urgently. It would be awesome it there would be option to pause cutscene / conversations, little thing, but gives you a lot of comfort.

Second thing is the way some converastions are made, in W3 every statement was separate element of conversation. That caused some issues when you tried to present scene, where one character interupts the other one - there was weird pause between those statements. If you're going with the same system in CP, then maybe consider making the two statements one element.

Keep up the good work and see you guys in September.

New to the Cyberpunk series so I don't really know what to expect. I kind of let go of my expectations when I learned it's origins. Definitely interested in seeing the world CDPR creates out of it.

Hope we can get an apartment, crash pad, similar to Jensen in DEM. An extensive sound track, some seedy underworld to explore, mercenary contracts to accept, and I'll be pretty happy.

In my opinion reply value is also tied to length. The shorter the game the easier it is to reply while longer games are harder to reply even with incentives such as New Game +

Feel like Alpha Protocol did a damn good job with this. You could zoom through that game. I don't replay RPG's much, usually takes me a while to finish them as it is, but I agree with your statement. There's pro's and cons to everything though, and I think I'd lean in favor of a longer main story then cutting it short in favor of replay-ability. I like hanging it up after I save the world lol.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

The thing that annoys me in most games are cutscenes that can't be paused. I can't count how many times I was in need of pausing cutscenes ( or conversations in Witcher games), because I had to pick up the phone, rush quickly somewhere or do something else urgently. It would be awesome it there would be option to pause cutscene / conversations, little thing, but gives you a lot of comfort.

Second thing is the way some converastions are made, in W3 every statement was separate element of conversation. That caused some issues when you tried to present scene, where one character interupts the other one - there was weird pause between those statements. If you're going with the same system in CP, then maybe consider making the two statements one element.

Actually, I think the devs are aiming at that. The cutscenes are supposed to be integrated into a gameplay, which, I think would make them pauseble. But I don't really know, I'm making assumptions based on sparse and contradictory data :)

For Xbox one games sometimes opening the browser page pauses games during cut-scenes.

Can't remember which game, I'm sure it varies from game to game. Feel like it was recent though, so had to be Red Dead, GTA, Witcher, Star Wars, or Greedfall. I don't think I've played anything other than those that would of had cut-scenes in the last 6 months.

New to the Cyberpunk series so I don't really know what to expect. I kind of let go of my expectations when I learned it's origins. Definitely interested in seeing the world CDPR creates out of it.

Hope we can get an apartment, crash pad, similar to Jensen in DEM. An extensive sound track, some seedy underworld to explore, mercenary contracts to accept, and I'll be pretty happy.

Feel like Alpha Protocol did a damn good job with this. You could zoom through that game. I don't replay RPG's much, usually takes me a while to finish them as it is, but I agree with your statement. There's pro's and cons to everything though, and I think I'd lean in favor of a longer main story then cutting it short in favor of replay-ability. I like hanging it up after I save the world lol.

you will have an apartment in game, I loved Deus Ex also especially having Jensens apartment.

Just consider this a vastly bigger Deus ex with much more to offer.

Hi guys,

If the footage from the demo is still relevant, you'll need to make timed choices during conversations. I'm not sure that CDPR would give you the option to pause during this timer, since that would defeat the purpose of having a timer in the first place.

If the footage from the demo is still relevant, you'll need to make timed choices during conversations. I'm not sure that CDPR would give you the option to pause during this timer, since that would defeat the purpose of having a timer in the first place.

agreed, perhaps being able to pause during most of the conversation but once dialogue starts that pertains to the choice then remove the option to pause?

agreed, perhaps being able to pause during most of the conversation but once dialogue starts that pertains to the choice then remove the option to pause?

Or at worst use this workaround: quicksave just before every dialogue then quick load if you miss something because of the timer.
Personally that's what I'll do (just hope quickloads will be quick).

Or at worst use this workaround: quicksave just before every dialogue then quick load if you miss something because of the timer.
Personally that's what I'll do (just hope quickloads will be quick).

Yeah ive done this especially if I feel its a pivotal part of the story, but in a few RPG;s lately ive tried to follow a genuine path of "if i screw up i screw up" because in real life you dont get second chances and its been fun treating my in game character/life the same

Yeah ive done this especially if I feel its a pivotal part of the story, but in a few RPG;s lately ive tried to follow a genuine path of "if i screw up i screw up" because in real life you dont get second chances and its been fun treating my in game character/life the same

Yep, but ingame QTE during dialogs also have added difficulty you don't encounter IRL:
-Having to read every choices.
-Guessing what would you character do based on the roleplay you are trying to apply.
-Making the input.
-IRL there are tricks you can use you give yourself more time to think.
-And as in most games: inability to raise the topic again, unlike IRL where you can do that 99,9% of the times.

Besides in an RPG you can totally consider your character abilities to be different than yours.

Interactivity with the environment and objects. I really enjoyed stealing radios out of peoples car in the cult video game The Warriors by Rockstar. Stealing anything really just to earn some eddies for either your next fix or some ammo.

Also Visual Drug Effects. One of the mods for Fallout 3 done it right. Take some chems and you'd be able to read the scribbled graffiti on walls.

Zoning for criminal activity (so maybe like an area search and if you get out of the bubble and stay hidden you would be "un-zoned) and Gang Fights/Civilian Riots, Turf Wars etc with economy change, if you support one area through streetfights you are welcomed or even given privileges to inner zones. Or if you beat a district into submission you can rewire their resources for friendly zones.

These ideas might be a bit much, but shiet, let a man dream! XD

I know Cyberpunk 2077 is almost finished and I just have a strange idea:
Can I throw hot coffee at an NCP's face to blind him/her in the game? That would be awesome! :facepalm:

Last edited:
Hello i know this might be little bit late but the idea i am going to share is very essential in my idea and i think a lot of people will agree first i will say the game looks very good but one thing that seemed missing is the missions replay ability. If we finish the game then what else is there to do? Then i got a idea, if technology has progressed that much there should be an ability to replay it you can add this feature by making a place you can do it or a special cybernetic upgrade or any other way you have in mind it's boring just to make a new game and do it all again. secondly add some sort of outpost takeover mission that could be replayed and doing so will give the player reward. that was mostly what i was thinking i hope you use it or get inspired by it i also wanted to thank you for your great work i hope this comes to use

Ok. I'm way too late now but no one ever thought about cockfighting events within the game?
It would be awesome to see some cyberpunk roosters fighting in some illegal nightclubs
or maybe even interact with it/customize your own rooster.
Bot fighting would also be cool but I think the first option fits more the dystopian outlook.
(I haven't read the entire thread, it's way too long).

Unreliable narrator / user interface.
Suppose your game user interface (quest tracker, etc) is software provided by a corp, say ZetaTech or MicroTech or whatever.
The corp might design this interface to serve their own purposes.
So, let's say your friendly neighborhood ZetaTech recruiter sends you on a job collecting "whatsits". And then your gang fixer sends you on a different mission collecting "whozits". And for whatever reason, ZetaTech would prefer that you collect "whatsits" and *not* collect "whozits" (they are involved in a whozit cover-up). ZetaTech randomly glitches your agent/scheduling software to remove the "whozit" collection quest, and hilite the "whatsit" collection quest.
Your fixer has to manually remind you that they need whozits and briefly scolds you for removing it from your agent. A few minutes later it disappears again - you don't realize it. After your next quest turn-in or whatever your fixer notices its missing again. WTH? He gets the techie and the netrunner involved.
Every so often they make annoying comments if you haven't found any whozits, offer to fix your agent remotely, demand that you STOP looking for whatsits, threaten to boycott ZetaTech, keep having to fix your agent.
And there's really nothing much you can do about it except be annoyed, laugh, cry, or mess with your "friends" by playing along with the situation in various unexpected ways when you interact with them.
Welcome to the annoying business practices of the unregulated techno media establishment, Choomba!
Hopefully it doesn't start effecting your IMPORTANT work. ;)

Sounds good and has potential on paper but ingame will be irritating if it happens all the time. But as a one humorous quest is a great idea. Or for a high level infiltration quest that uses the same mechanics by a corp that wants to secure their belongings/data from the player character this way and the player was not ready for this.

This is a really cool idea.

Sounds good and has potential on paper but ingame will be irritating if it happens all the time. But as a one humorous quest is a great idea. Or for a high level infiltration quest that uses the same mechanics by a corp that wants to secure their belongings/data from the player character this way and the player was not ready for this.

As with anything else, I'd say. I think this could be balanced if it were introduced as a mechanic. For example, the description of the chrome or software could be, for example:

"This enhanced optics package will provided visual feedback on environmental variables, and will highlight Araska assets that may be of value to the user."

Unspoken meaning there could be that it will actively disable notifications for certain non-Araska assets. Hence, the player's HUD is streamlined for a certain faction / style of play...and at the same time the player's attention to detail in the gameworld itself stands to be greatly rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom