Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
I supported the delay, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. No offense intended, to be clear, but guys... :facepalm:

Let's be fair here broken ;-) : You complained for 2 weeks, then sulked for another, before finally and quietly accepting the previous delay. You were a long way off supporting it. I'mma set my stopwatch to see if you're going through a similar 3 stages of disappointment in a similar timespan this time.

I'mma agree that I expect to see a LOT more actual gameplay and the mechanics this time though, so I might be right behind you if they don't. No more hobnobbing with the press until the player base gets more eyes on the goods.

Getting a game delayed twice is rarely a good sign. Not only does it show that someone poorly managed resources, such as HR, money and time that a delay was needed, but they also failed to learn their mistake from the first time (by delaying the game again).

I'm a bit worried, but I guess a second delay is better than releasing a buggy mess. Still, I'm getting off the hype train and won't be following this game after Night City Wire.

These delays are frankly infuriating. Release the game that a lot of us already payed for already, you've had more than enough time to work on it by now. Failing that, release a playable demo for us.

I doubt that anyone from the Dec team will see this message, but still, I'd like to express my personal support and appreciation. The outrage that follows an unfinished product is way more damaging to both company's reputation and customer trust. Besides, being so passionate about one's work and desire to deliver a finished and refined result is a virtue.

Thanks everyone involved with Cyberpunk 2077 - I am a little, but a very patient part of this community. Hope none of you faces the crunch and damages their life as a result! Best of wishes, and appreciate the honesty.

Let me be extremely clear here: the fact you postponed is ONLY to your good name.
It has been always quality over quantity, and the folks that know you, know this.

I think I can speak for all those that truly understand your drive for perfection: THANK YOU!!!

Now please release the darn game, I am tired of waiting for this marvel, LOL!

For those complaining about the delays maybe haven't seen what life is like for developers at some game studios.
I would hope CDPR isn't a studio that whips their employees and they are also concerned with making sure the game is done before releasing. Another couple of months is a shame, but I bet some people might be waiting to play it on the new consoles anyway. I'd rather the game be polished and the developers not be slave driven over getting it a little sooner.
You have all seen by now the work that has gone in to this game. Don't rush it.

The Witcher 3 too was delayed twice...the delay announced at the 2014 VGA was because of the cut of the Plague multiquest and the need of repourpose/rewrite quests that were originally connected with that plot.

They say everything is finished for CB2077, and I hope it's true. Delays are never really a good sign, it most of the times means development problems or bad management.

I'll second the bit about not overworking the developers.

I also agree that this is bad management, HR and scheduling that comes at the cost of player trust and being a terrible frustration to our desire to get our first-world toys... but I'm at my most forgiving of that, as long as it means nobody breaking their back to push Cyberpunk 2077 out the gate.

That also means - for the love of god - Marcin Iwiński keeping his head down and not proudly bragging about how hard the studio is working and how much crunch there'll be and how many vacation days it'll take. That'd be somewhat of a dumb, dickish move. If you are shooting yourself like this, aim for the little toe and don't take the foot with you.

For those complaining about the delays maybe haven't seen what life is like for developers at some game studios.
I would hope CDPR isn't a studio that whips their employees and they are also concerned with making sure the game is done before releasing. Another couple of months is a shame, but I bet some people might be waiting to play it on the new consoles anyway. I'd rather the game be polished and the developers not be slave driven over getting it a little sooner.
You have all seen by now the work that has gone in to this game. Don't rush it.
im developer, and know if my company delay twice relese app on time they lose many money...

I'm done!

I pray for Gran Turismo 7 to be a PS5 launch title, if that's the case bye bye CP77.

@CDPR Next time don't give your possible ex fans false hope of a release date you can't sustain. I'm fed up by all of these false promises, really disappointed in CDPR! Sorry but I had to say this.

Done!

Idk what to think of this.
I'm very disappointed.
And surprised those gaming urinalists apparently going to review an unpolished game. Doesn't make much sense to me but hey whatever.

Actually, during last delay, someone asked if the new release date was set in stone and they answered no.

To me, as long as it goes with no "Crunch or be fired", I'm ok with it. But is it?:think:

Besides it gives them more experience in giving release date, so maybe next game it will be more accurate.

So, it's time to go into hibernation again. I just got back to the forums and now another half year of nothing.

Well, i hope for 25th june game info.

My trust is in that you do you best to make a great game without anyone getting worked too hard.
Post automatically merged:

Top Bottom