Small window for an "undo"

+
So it happens every now and then, that you click slightly off and you select the wrong row by mistake, or the wrong target, etc.

Since most of the times you need to click on "End turn" anyway, it could be useful to have a button that "undoes" the last selection (provided it does not include any RNG stuff).

The other player does not even need to see what happens until the very end (similar to how now it shows the final action and you can "undo" certain things by right clicking).

It would be possible in old gwent, when every turn was literally just playing one card, but I think now it's too hard to implement properly.
There is a problem with Orders that can be activated in any order (he-he), and moreover, cards can be played in any time between them. If you would have an option to undo your last action, your opponent would always see one action less then it is until the end of turn, that also could be ended by rope rather than by player. I'm sure that such an option will cause many weird bugs in any situation that is more complex than just playing a card and pass.
Also it will spoil the games pacing, you always will wait for your opponent more then needed.

But I agree that there's a big problem with missplaying. Row highlighting just don't work, I just can't recognize it when I play a card. Targeting cause problems some times, especially if you play with gamepad, but I think it can be solved in other way.
I think it's a good idea to highlight "right" row in a contrasting color (orange would look great) and for cards with two abilities (such as Yen) highlight them with two different colors (for example, red for "atacking" abilities and green for "defending". though I feel like these two colors not very good for gwent's color scheme).
Problem with wrong targets could be solved by adding "apply" button instead of "undo". To perform an action you need to place a card, choose target if needed and then hit Apply (if card has row-locked ability and you place it in a wrong row, you still need to apply your action). If turn ends before you apply your action, it applies automatically. Also, it should be optional feature that you can turn off in settings menu if you don't need it.
This way your opponent don't see your actions too, but now he can't see them because they're not happened yet and not because server hides them.

It is currently possible with most cards, in the sense that you can right click to return a card to your hand after playing it. It only applies with some deploy effects though.

Interestingly. Your opponent can see what you played when you undo it this way. Meaning you could in theory reveal your entire hand.

I like the real time indicators that you can see from watching your opponent. Some players are clever and disguise it, but most just play not worrying about what they're revealing.

I think delayed undo time while in theory isn't a bad idea, in practice adds more delay when the game currently needs better flow, rather than to regress. Fluid drag and drop was a good start, but now they just need to implement queuing up actions.

For me i love dropping a shilard and watching my opponent immediately start highlighting certain cards. Then I can guess what card could be what depending on what he has already played that game.

Misclick protection/suggestion, why there is none?

I've won and lost so many games cause of misclicks like cards being played on a wrong rows and such, I cant understand why devs didnt implemented any sort of protection against it.

I guess for me the blunder occurs mostly cause of just being nice to others, like when someone is playing fast (not wasting your time just to annoy you like some players does) and so you want do to the same in return, and then its like "WTF I just did here OMG GG".
The other part are probably mostly the players playing on laptops.

And Im not talking about some crazy combos being miscalculated just simple things like ie deploy skill being not triggered cause its not intuitive like same type of skills are triggered from other rows, it just seems very poorly designed and immature for me, every successful game should be noob/casual friendly as much as its possible, and here you are not even seeing highlighted the correct row to play the card and you have to read the details on every of hundreds of cards and remember it, what a complete disaster it is!
GL with playing this game with your elders etc, so much wasted potential.

Guest 4305932

There is. When you select a card with row ability the right row will be highlighted as you can see here https://gfycat.com/clumsybiggrouse

You don't need to remember every card, you can check the text in every moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is. When you select a card with row ability the right row will be highlighted as you can see here https://gfycat.com/clumsybiggrouse

You don't need to remember every card, you can check the text in every moment.

Damn. Indeed I see the highlighted row on the vid but I dont have anything like that in my actual game, both rows are slightly light-blue. Might be some gpu related issue, I hope I can fix it somehow.

Personally I dont like to check my own cards in the match, sometimes Im forgetting what my plan was and losing my confidence by doing that, but seeing the correct row will be exactly what I need so thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Guest 4305932

Damn. Indeed I see the highlighted row on the vid but I dont have anything like that in my actual game, both rows are slightly light-blue. Might be some gpu related issue, I hope I can fix it somehow.

Personally I dont like to check my own cards in the match, sometimes Im forgetting what my plan was and losing my confidence by doing that, but seeing the correct row will be exactly what I need so thanks for your reply.

Regards.

Try to record a video (you can use Windows 10’s Game DVR ) and send it to support. Remember that when you play a card with both melee and ranged ability both row will be highlighted

Greetings all, I hope everyone is well.

I registered to make a (Gwent) suggestion but since I'm newly registered I can't create a thread, so I'd like to know if it's possible for someone to create it for me (thank you in advance):

When using certain leader abilities such as Nilfgaard's "Tactical Decision", I can understand that we shouldn't be able to back out due to the possible exploit of knowing your deck's top cards. However, when using Skellige's "Second Wind", and picking a card from the graveyard (which we are entirely aware of what it contains), why can we not back out? I think that it's incredibly unjust to SK players.

There have been multiple instances where I was forced to use my one and only leader ability due to accidentally pressing it when trying to check the Match History.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, have a good one!

I think this is a problem in general. We can undo deploy ability cards before using deploy abilities hereby even we play a card into wrong row, we have chance to undo it. We dont have same chance for leaders and other cards. Once you play them into wrong row. You are screwed.

I think this is a problem in general. We can undo deploy ability cards before using deploy abilities hereby even we play a card into wrong row, we have chance to undo it. We dont have same chance for leaders and other cards. Once you play them into wrong row. You are screwed.
You have to think through your actions. That's not a problem.

You have to think through your actions. That's not a problem.
Don't worry. I do think about my actions. The thing i told was it is unfair to have undo ability only for one type of card. The thing i want is completely removing undo ability from deploy cards. Undo shouldn't be part of the game at all.

Don't worry. I do think about my actions. The thing i told was it is unfair to have undo ability only for one type of card. The thing i want is completely removing undo ability from deploy cards. Undo shouldn't be part of the game at all.

Didn't even realize you could undo deploy abilities, but I never tried to either.

The issue isn't thinking about your actions, it's accidentally pressing the leader, especially when trying to click a button right above it - that's not a conscious choice, that's an honest mistake that's happened way too many times leading to me - and more than likely tens of thousands of others - losing the ability at the most inopportune times (Round 1 for instance).

Never once happened to me... :/ Think of it as adding another layer to the game, in addition to being careful strategically and tactically, you also have to be careful mechanically. ;)

Never once happened to me... :/ Think of it as adding another layer to the game, in addition to being careful strategically and tactically, you also have to be careful mechanically. ;)
You must be pretty special then. This game's interface is far from perfect. I'm constantly having the game misread what I clicked on. Most notably, it almost always takes at least two tries just to look through my discard pile.

Top Bottom