Important update about Cyberpunk 2077 release date

+
Very true! Those who are publicly proclaiming dislike with overall negative sentiment about this are because they're brokenheartedly disappointed by their decision and are seeing this as disrespectful, unprofessional and (admittedly) unacceptable. To such an extent, the passionate desire to play it has taken a hard knock with their trust in CDPR after, yet another, add on to the list of disappointments CDPR have been accumulating these past few months.

"Trading trust for time" was very interesting wording, as I don't think they realized how little trust will be left after this trade, and if it was worth it.
Who are we talking about again? I forgot.

Tool is a perfect analogy and this is what a lot of people are worrying about.....the extended wait for a new Tool Album built up so much anticipation, so much hype....and when released it turned out to be a total POS. Hope CP2077 isnt a letdown like the latest Tool album when it it finally released.
I would bet it is a marketing decision to line up closer to the new Xbox/PS5 releases....marketing team would have asked 'Can you QA guys use more time if we give to you" QA would have shrugged their shoulders 'Uh, yeah maybe' and here we are now with the 'More Polish polishing' excuse for a marketing delay.

Last edited:
What's really bothering me is some random gaming journos getting to play it right now while the dedicated player base (who takes time to care about this game everyday) have to stick with that postponed NC Wire event who probably won't even show much.

Hell, I hate to sound this bitter but all of this really sucks. These delays, the lack of new information...

I wouldn't say that "we deserve a playable demo" -- I mean, Gentlemen, who the fudge are "we", right? Why should CDPR give a sh*t about some random ass dudes who kept discussing the game for YEARS on a forum even before the 2018 trailer? -- but I sure wouldn't mind some good news for a change. Hey, drop some gameplay showing the character creation/customization system; talk or show the dynamic dialogue/action system; heck, I'd be happy with V walking on the streets for a little bit.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

No real surprise here. I think many of us expected this. Though it does now feel like they are pushing back for the release of the new consoles. That will most likely be how the majority of consumers look at it as well. At this point I feel like even the most excited of people have had that excitement quelled a lot. With so much uncertainty, I'm happy with my decision (a year ago) to cancel my pre order. I'll let a bunch of other people try this before I dive in. Ive never seen a team so hesitant about their own game before

... Hey, drop some gameplay showing the character creation/customization system; talk or show the dynamic dialogue/action system; heck, I'd be happy with V walking on the streets for a little bit. ...
V walking? hah. I think a video of following a dog around for 30 min, or from it's point of view would be 110% welcome. botDog <- yesssss (I may prefer a dog perspective anyway, this may not be an impartial request.)

What's really bothering me is some random gaming journos getting to play it right now while the dedicated player base (who takes time to care about this game everyday) have to stick with that postponed NC Wire event who probably won't even show much.

Hell, I hate to sound this bitter but all of this really sucks. These delays, the lack of new information...

I wouldn't say that "we deserve a playable demo" -- I mean, Gentlemen, who the fudge are "we", right? Why should CDPR give a sh*t about some random ass dudes who kept discussing the game for YEARS on a forum even before the 2018 trailer? -- but I sure wouldn't mind some good news for a change. Hey, drop some gameplay showing the character creation/customization system; talk or show the dynamic dialogue/action system; heck, I'd be happy with V walking on the streets for a little bit.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.
At least show us the techie gameplay ffs.

What's really bothering me is some random gaming journos getting to play it right now while the dedicated player base ...
I know this is dick.. but if the game gets leaked during the journos release, I WILL laugh. I will also laugh at a cyberpunk game where you steal, sneak, smash your way into things you shouldn't have... meta something 4th wall.. getting leaked. 100% will laugh. A lot. And it will probably become a meme.
Post automatically merged:

At least show us the techie gameplay ffs.
One side of the coin though, by not pushing back the media release, we get gameplay footage and they don't have to spend time recording.

Today, I had to eat some home-cooked fries because of the delay. On the contrary, these fries weren't that great...

One side of the coin though, by not pushing back the media release, we get gameplay footage and they don't have to spend time recording.
We won't get any footage from journalists... Just their written previews. You think CDPR is fine with showing unedited gameplay? My sweet summer child...

We won't get any footage from journalists... Just their written previews. You think CDPR is fine with showing unedited gameplay? My sweet summer child...
Soooo.. you're saying we need to start a "Journalists Bingo - Who will be the first to say.. (Race to the obvious, edition)" thread.

the extended wait for a new Tool Album built up so much anticipation, so much hype....and when released it turned out to be a total POS.

Well, for me Fear Inoculum is a freaking masterpiece. Not quite like Lateralus, Lateralus is god tier, but FI is easily one of my favorite albums ever. Different strokes for different folks.

I get the worry about the delay but, at the end of the day, “the proof will be in the pudding” so to speak. The game itself will be evidence of how necessary the delay was or was not.

Soooo.. you're saying we need to start a "Journalists Bingo - Who will be the first to say.. (Race to the obvious, edition)" thread.
I could write a preview right now without even watching a video. That's what we'll read in ALL previews. I can bet what you wish to.
- graphics are magnificent (pc or xbox one x)
- good variety in approaches (stealth vs terminator vs netrunner)
- gunplay and melee are improved from previous builds, but don't expect Destiny in terms of quality in gunplay
- full nudity confirmed
- great dialogues and interactive scene system is very immersive
- minor bugs, glitches, we're confident they'll be fixed by release. CDPR has taken some additional time for them
- nobody will speak about level system, if it works like TW3/AC odyssey or if it's less restrictive
- skill tree has many passive bonuses (+X% DMG or chances for critical hits)
- driving is a bit stiff but fine, there's still time (and room) for improvement
- Great acting from Keanu Reeves
- oh boy, keanu reeves!
- glorious animations for scripted events, but nobody will talk about the lack of contextual animations
- plenty of spoilers about story BUT "CDPR is not showing anything because they don't want to spoil things" (already happened, and will happen again on thursday).

Somebody will be offended by something, it's 2020. This is not part of critiques, though.

Also, journalists/influencers will play the game for 4-6 hours. Keep in mind this last bit of info.

I might add that, contrary to ubisoft and EA, during night city wire CDPR will continue keeping secrets about how they plan to deliver CP77 on PS5, while smart delivery is confirmed on xbox.

It would be awesome if they did throw bone at us where we can have a tiny demo of any sort. If streamers and journalists can play a tiny portion, the fanbase should also at this point get the opportunity too. Wishful thinking but how awesome would it become if we were stuck in the Animal's HQ Mall and play what we saw at the deep-dive, or even the Maelstrom HQ or even walking down a couple streets in Watson.

Top Bottom