The Last of Us, Part II

+
Even i liked the gameplay in general, AI seems scrappy tbh. The fellas are just waiting exposed, not taking cover until you shoot them in the head. Yeah animations are clear, graphics are good etc. But all these things come with new generation anyway. Alsoy we already know exclusive PS4 games are technically superior than all-platforms. So this doesnt excite me that much.

This game should have offered more. One of the biggest problem of the first game was repetitiveness. Game was enclosing you in some space and enemies are wandering around. I am scared we are gonna do same stuff over and over again. I didn't see difference between this one and first gameplay trailer we got last year.
I listened to impression of a guy who completed the game on the hardest difficulty. He said State of Play was on one of easier difficulties. Enemies were significantly more challenging on Survival. Better sight, better coordination, heavier damage. They wait much less to shoot you.

what are your thoughts on the game?
I'll never play it because I don't have a PS4 and it's not my cup of tea anyway (post-apocalyptic setting, and guns), but I watched one video of it and heard a hilarious pun/joke. Which I always appreciate. :D

13 hours in. loving it so far. it gets a lot of hate though! what are your thoughts on the game?
6ish hours in so far, great cinematic experience, impressed with animations as usual from ND. Every single action is animated and not in a slow and clunky way.

I'm a big sucker for animations in general.

13 hours in. loving it so far. it gets a lot of hate though! what are your thoughts on the game?
I finished it after playing almost non-stop for 24 hours (took a 6 hour nap only). Technical side is incredible. Graphics is easily the best current gen has to offer. Gameplay is a lot of fun, imo. Though some claim it gets repetitive. I didn't feel that way. Richness of animations alone is beyond belief. Graphics is great, but obviously it was downgraded in comparison to the demo from 2018. I more mixed on the story. I don't think these characters needed this much abuse to tell the story they wanted to tell. I think they overdid it a few times.

I finally got around to playing it and I dig it so far, even after that one specific part in the story that has most fans of the first game losing their collective shit. It's almost like some people forgot this was a zombie apocalypse-themed story or something...:shrug:

I finished it after playing almost non-stop for 24 hours (took a 6 hour nap only). Technical side is incredible. Graphics is easily the best current gen has to offer. Gameplay is a lot of fun, imo. Though some claim it gets repetitive. I didn't feel that way. Richness of animations alone is beyond belief. Graphics is great, but obviously it was downgraded in comparison to the demo from 2018. I more mixed on the story. I don't think these characters needed this much abuse to tell the story they wanted to tell. I think they overdid it a few times.
WTF 18 hours? I've heard it takes 28ish... Are you super fast (possible) or people super slow? I'm 15ish hours in so far (played a lot on Sunday) but won't play it for a couple of days. So far I can confirm every single word you wrote.

Man you all power through. I'm like two hours in. No need to rush everyone. It truly is very fun to play so far.

WTF 18 hours? I've heard it takes 28ish... Are you super fast (possible) or people super slow? I'm 15ish hours in so far (played a lot on Sunday) but won't play it for a couple of days. So far I can confirm every single word you wrote.
No, 24+6. But you can finish it in less than 20 if you avoid exploration and fights. Speedruns will be a lot faster. They will probably be able to do it in 3-4 hours.

No, 24+6. But you can finish it in less than 20 if you avoid exploration and fights. Speedruns will be a lot faster. They will probably be able to do it in 3-4 hours.
Ofc, I was referring to normal walkthrough. :)
Thanks for clarifying anyway. :cool:
Post automatically merged:

This game is so technically good I cannot wait for what Naughty Dog manages to squeeze out of next gen. Incredible stuff.
Absolutely, but I also hope they won't need to use that many loading tunnels anymore. Not a big problem per se, but their games are full of them. Wasn't all Cerny's conference about this anyway? I've good vibes for next gen.

Last edited:
I'm also hoping ND will add back all that advanced light and shadow work from E3 2018 demo for PS5 remaster. With help of raytracing or not.

I'm also hoping ND will add back all that advanced light and shadow work from E3 2018 demo for PS5 remaster. With help of raytracing or not.
I hope sony won't go for paid remaster again to be honest.

The main graphical difference between the game and E3 demo is the effect of explosive arrows, it was insane back then.
And the fact those crazy transitions are not in the game, as we all feared. Still, best graphics ever in linear games, by far.

I hope sony won't go for paid remaster again to be honest.

The main graphical difference between the game and E3 demo is the effect of explosive arrows, it was insane back then.
And the fact those crazy transitions are not in the game, as we all feared. Still, best graphics ever in linear games, by far.
Cinematic animations and transitions is impossible to add back, as well as more complex effects like very detailed and naturalistic blood, explosions and stuff like that, but I'm talking what they can. Self-shadowing, drop shadows, occlusion, more complex reflections...

Cinematic animations and transitions is impossible to add back, as well as more complex effects like very detailed and naturalistic blood, explosions and stuff like that, but I'm talking what they can. Self-shadowing, drop shadows, occlusion, more complex reflections...
Sure, I wasn't suggesting those could be back. Just sorry they were bullshots.

just finished it. the game was outstanding. the negative reviews i dont remotely agree with. it might now be my favorite game of all time, even better than my previous favorite game the last of us 1

I'm now practicing chapters until I play like this...
I wound up being able to play like that in the first one, so given a little time I'll be able to do the same in this as well.

BIAH II - PART DEUX.jpg

ROOOOAAACH! WERE YOU DRINKING AGAIN!? GEDDAN BACK IN HERE! :disapprove:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom