Night City Wire - Media, News & Previews - links and discussion

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is dedicated to discussing the Night City Wire event.

Links to news, previews and interviews after the event will be listed below. Feel free to post links to the previews you find, I will update the OP so we can have a nice full list to go through :)

Uncut 15 minutes of new gameplay:

Eurogamer preview

PC gamer preview

Gamespot preview

TheGameAwards preview by Geoff Keighley

IGN Preview

GamesRadar preview

Stevivor preview

GameReactor preview

PressStart preview

The Verge preview

Kotaku Preview + Kotaku article about character customisation

VG247 preview

Last edited:
It's very impressive overall. Nice to see good lighting in the game finally. City and atmosphere are amazing. On the negative, guns still don't sound right and their recoil is still lacking. It could just be better. Driving seems a bit stiff. Graphics are very good but not quite on the level of RDR 2 or Rise of the Tomb Raider. Some of the dialog is just...going to take some getting used to. I cringed when V said 'hella' :facepalm:. Teenagers talk like that, not adults. Also, we still don't know anything about combat, skills or RPG systems. I expect the other NC wire episodes to talk about that.

Last edited:
Well I'd start with two words. Action and RPG. I'll say no more on that bit :).

Beyond this, a couple observations from the previews (full disclosure, I quickly skimmed all links above/watched a few vids).

1. The Stevivor preview link above has some interesting info on character customization. It's bordering on comical. Customizing pubes? Haha, really?

2. The two "boxers" look like Bayek level combat mechanics from AC:Origins. Except using NPC's. Seriously, those animations are looooong. Hopefully the melee hand to hand combat mechanics/animations aren't fully... polished....

Excited as Hell. The world seems so rich, atmospheric and inviting. Gameplay-wise, from what I'm seeing, no surprises and it's totally what I expected. But good enough for this kind of experience.

Graphics is very close to The Witcher 3, which isn't really shocking, considering it's the same gen game. They can squeeze only so much from it. But maybe they will add some goodness when upgraded to next-gen. I'm reading ray tracing will be supported. But it's probably reserved for next-gen consoles and PC version.

Is there one journalist out there which did have a real interest of the crunch of the game and wrote something, or as usual are all the preview action yadda yadda yadda and fluff yadda yadda yadda ?

If so, can someone link it?

God I hope this doesn't get delayed again, but seeing how ambitious it is, I wouldn't be surprised...

Keive

Forum regular
It's very impressive overall. Nice to see good lighting in the game finally. City and atmosphere are amazing. On the negative, guns still don't sound right and their recoil is still lacking. It could just be better. Driving seems a bit stiff. Graphics are very good but not quite on the level of RDR 2 or Rise of the Tomb Raider. Some of the dialog is just...going to take some getting used to. I cringed when V said 'hella' :facepalm:. Teenagers talk like that, not adults. Also, we still don't know anything about combat, skills or RPG systems. I expect the other NC wire episodes to talk about that.
Agreed, I hope they improve the driving since I seen two reviews talk about how it was lacking. Also I am not a fan of a lot of dialogue, sounds odd and forced in some ways. I think though, V saying "Hella" isn't a teen thing, least where I'm from everyone says it. Though I suppose if you do want a more mature feel to V then yeah it sucks that they will speak in a more "youthful" way.

I'm not much wiser after seeing this. Sure it got a detective mode in a virtual world that hurts my eyes looking at it but I'm not sure how that is going to help the player in the real world.
The on rails shooting from the car was a bit of a let down because I suck at those sequences and get motion sick very quick.
I watched some "game journalists" but they had nothing substantial to say and I can hardly stand these types so that didn't help.
As a vehicle to get me hyped this failed big time. The only thing I liked was that the music, for once it was bearable to listen to unlike in other video's of the game.

I am a little bit disappointed about canceling the whole techie thing together with the flathead. I was really looking forward for the whole techie gameplay and commanding my own little robot, maybe tune him up a little and give him more and more skills... unfortunatly the techie gameplay overlapped too much with the netrunner and so they canceled it... too bad
source (german) Gamestar preview
https://www.gamestar.de/videos/cybe...preview-video-mit-massig-gameplay,100801.html

Feedback about the story trailer:

- the story trailer is very cool, GTA style, a little spoilery, the game seems to have many scripted cool action sequences (I like it), BUT is obviously extremely uninformative. When jackie and V escape with the immortality chip, are they running from a big robot? Can we fight them in the game? that'd be nice.

Feedback about the B-roll:

- graphics are great, because, well, it runs on >$2k beast. Journalists say the demo looked worse than the NCW, but had many more NPCs on the streets. We won't see the base PS4 and xbox versions soon, probably better wait for next-gen and that's it. The game is coming out in the same period anyway.

- melee is still bad. Journalists say better than before but still not enough. I hope the next 6 months of work will do. Hopefully, it won't cause another delay, but it seems like playing a cyberninja with katana and shit could be not as fun as we hoped

- gunplay doesn't look bad at all anymore, kudos! I still saw some bugs with the maelstrom shootout, though.

- Driving seems too simple in terms of physics, I can't find the B roll with V driving at night, but was shown in some live streams. According to journalists, CDPR has 3 different presets for driving (arcade, simulation, something in between) and will choose which one goes in the game after their feedback. I hope we'll get all of them and let us choose. The one in the demo looked too arcade when the cars took a turn. Cars can get damaged, but I don't know to what extent. I still believe that on-screen direction as we had in watch dogs 2 or many driving games would help, but I guess if you guys haven't added in the last years, it won't happen now.

- Subtitles are too small for a sofa setup, I hope you added different sizes to choose from. On the matter, I hope you also added the possibility to hide unqualified dialogue option (i.e. I'm a corpo, I don't want to see street kid options I can't choose, same for hacker dialogues if I don't have enough point in hacking)

News we got from previews:

- jackie's death is confirmed, now I'm looking for people keep saying the deep dive video was edited in that way to avoid spoilers.

- journalists didn't have the entire night city open to play, if they left the areas devs wanted them to be, they were forced back in the demo's limits. We then don't know what happens if you meet an high level enemy for sure. Some say that fighting an enemy who is few levels higher than you is still possible, but hard, but the tutorial claims that if the level is too high you can't do it.

- it seems the descriptor "legendary" for gear has been changed in "iconic". This is a small detail that I really appreciate since I gave this feedback a couple of times. Good job!

- On the other hand, the game seems to have enemy rarity, and that's scary.

"Some items and weapons are locked to your character level... Improving critical chance by 15 percent; a global 15 percent/25 percent damage bump to human and mechanical enemies "-> these are awful and very immersion breaking

"There’s a stamina metre as well" -> interesting, I hope it's well balanced

"As a test, I decided to see whether the AI was smart and lethal enough to stop me from rushing to the exit. Without any upgrades to my stamina — which lets you dash more often — I only had to rely on a couple of inhalers (health packs) to survive. Obviously, it’s not the fastest way to level up any of your skills. But the fact that the enemies did so little damage and couldn’t prevent me from running straight past is worth noting. " -> I hope it's just a matter of difficulty setting

There's plenty of story spoilers in hose previews, be careful guys!

P.S. I predicted all previews with 99% of accuracy without even watching the game, this is another evidence of how useless media previews are compared to a simple uncut gameplay demo. https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...77-release-date.11032556/page-5#post-12042095

I am a little bit disappointed about canceling the whole techie thing together with the flathead. I was really looking forward for the whole techie gameplay and commanding my own little robot, maybe tune him up a little and give him more and more skills... unfortunatly the techie gameplay overlapped too much with the netrunner and so they canceled it... too bad
source (german) Gamestar preview
https://www.gamestar.de/videos/cybe...preview-video-mit-massig-gameplay,100801.html
Are you for real? :cry: (can't speak a word of german)

P.P.S. I don't like the NCW format to be honest. Just give us uncut gameplay, please. You nailed it with the first demo!

Last edited:
I hope there will not be quest markers on the map, or at least you will be able to turn them off. I like to explore and find things at my own, not running from marker to marker.

Holy cow, that’s a lot of previews! :oops: Going through them all is going to take me a long while. Gonna have to keep you all waiting for my extreeemely important feedback :coolstory:

For the time being all I can say is that, with some small caveats (e.g. melee, AI), I’m extremely happy with what I saw in both the Wire and the Kotaku Australia’s gameplay video. Waiting for November is going to suck harder now :LOL:

Alanah has a really good Q&A touching on circumcised penis or uncircumcised penis options and even teeth customization.

There`s a couple of minor spoilers like the two possible romance options she meet .

Post automatically merged:

I might have posted this to the wrong thread so i`ll post it here as well

Now this is a bit spoilery and the guys don`t seem to have been following the game closely but they did play all tree LP`s so watch it if you want .

Last edited:
Here's an article from NVIDIA showcasing the graphics technology in game with accompanying screenshots. I would also assume we can expect a lot of this tech on next-gen consoles as well.

Cyberpunk 2077: Ray-Traced Effects Revealed, DLSS 2.0 Supported, Playable On GeForce NOW

Really excited about the info on character creator, braindance, and the attribute/skill/perk trees. All good stuff. Gunplay looked better. Melee still looks a bit rough. City looks incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom