Please allow timed dialogue options and all game timers to be set as optional in the settings.

+
CDPR will NEVER be able to make everyone happy. It doesn't matter what they do. The sooner you grasp that, the better off you'll be.
No game will ever make 100% of all people happy, and I'm glad that isn't their goal (CDPR) or CyberPunk2077 wouldn't be CyberPunk2077.

But, on the argument for "just make this an option"... where do you draw the line? Every other thread here represents something people are unhappy about, requesting CDPR to make this and that an option to make them happy. So what makes your request any more important then the other ones? Why should CDPR cave to this request, and not the others? And if they make this an option, should they also make something else an option? Why or why not?
I'm here because I love CDPR, and I love CyberPunk2077 and what it's going to be. Both I and every single other person on these forums would be doing CDProjektRed a great dishonesty and disservice if we were all not to share our thoughts and ideas and hopes and dreams with them. Imagine the amount of love and passion CDProjektRed has, not only just for their game, but also for their community? Their fans? Who would we be to Not tell them what we think? How could we withhold that kind of vital information from CDProjektRed, especially if it would eventually lead to the game, on top of its already obvious level of amazingness, to go on to keep growing and blossoming in a beautiful way? It would harm the game if we didn't pour just as much love and passion into it as CDProjektRed. :shrug:

Also, say they implement timed dialogue without an option to turn that off, because that's how they envisioned the game. What's your argument for CDPR not making the game they want to make?
I have no argument for CDPR not making the game they want to make, because I would never suggest something so selfish and unusual. Why do you want to make me appear this way? :sad:
Post automatically merged:

True. While I am in favor of certain (reasonable) amount of modifiablity of the perceivable experience, it’s not nor should be ”Options - The Game”.
:shrug:

So... I dont know how it works on PC or PS4, but on Xbox One you can hit the Xbox button, have the side menu pop up, and it pauses the game.

It's a nice little work around for timed features in stuff. Used it when I was meta-gaming the Witcher 3

but if the game can make choices for the player if they we're not able to react fast enough to a dialogue timer, it's going into hybrid interactive movie territory.

Actually, interactive movies are videogames.
Anything "video" with "gameplay" is videogame, but gameplay is a really wide thing, like just being able to open the character menu is actually gameplay.

Actually, interactive movies are videogames.
Anything "video" with "gameplay" is videogame, but gameplay is a really wide thing, like just being able to open the character menu is actually gameplay.
Movie = No player input.
Video Game= Constant player input into the game itself or the character depending on the game type
interactive movie= Less than constant player input into the game itself or character depending on game type
If several things are going on that take the control away from the player, it's more and more questionable what category it kind of rests within.

If a game is going to be a game and allow me to truly and simply play it, it will be that simple. What are my choices? Okay thank you for these choices. *Picks a choice* Game: You have selected choice, Okay thank you. *game continue*

If a game is going to be a game, and say "Here you can play me" and then give me options and the freedom to choose those options until I go to pick one and then suprise me and say "Sorry! I tricked you, that thing I told you that you could do, it is not actually available and you can't really choose here, I'm going to turn into a movie for a moment and then turn back into a game" Then that's not so honest anymore. It's not really a full "video game" it's traveled into movie hybrid territory. This is logically flawed to me, because it's a game about choice. Consequences are Consequences, I have no problem with the game having a good story. But the problem happens when in a game that has HUGE emphasis on player choice, prevents the player from being able to make choices. :shrug:
The only option or rather (non-option) I really have as the player, is to be forced to reload my save game over 10 times whenever I encounter a timer until I can be quick enough to choose the correct choice before the timer ruins my game. I have to reload the save and read the first option (time up game over) reload the save again and read the second option (time up game over) reload the save again and read option three of dialogue (time up game over) then I have to stop and think for a few minutes about which option is the best, and then reload the save again and try to move really fast and select the best option, but in reality I probably have to reload many more times than that because I wont be fast enough each time. :(
Even worse, there is no guarantee that there will be a possibility of a save game right next to the moment in the game where the timer is present. The timer might be placed buried in an ocean of other dialogue. :(

Last edited:
So... I dont know how it works on PC or PS4, but on Xbox One you can hit the Xbox button, have the side menu pop up, and it pauses the game.
It's a nice little work around for timed features in stuff. Used it when I was meta-gaming the Witcher 3
Sadly this wouldn't work for everyone since there are different platforms, and any menu that opens may block the dialogue options from being seen, or prevent the player from highlighting them while the game is paused. :(
Post automatically merged:

You misunderstood. I meant "options" as in options menu toggles.
You said
True. While I am in favor of certain (reasonable) amount of modifiablity of the perceivable experience, it’s not nor should be ”Options - The Game”.
I linked the youtube video of the interview where they talk about how the game is all about choices and how the players choices matter. The reason I posted that, was to highlight the fact that it would be very silly for a game that is all about choices, to contradict itself by having no choices in the menu options and settings. To me it does seem to be: choices-"the game" :shrug: by the way that CDPR speaks of the game, it seems like this is what they want, a game full of choices. I don't put words in their mouth, and it is up to them, their decision to make, and subject to their decision to change it as well. :shrug:

Last edited:
*sigh*

I just can't make myself clear, can I.
If you're talking about me, I'm trying really hard! I promise! I feel bad that we don't always understand each others words totally clearly. Sometimes you don't get me or I don't get you, but I know we will succeed if we both keep at it. :)(y)

You're right. I know that in CS:GO this option is needed to be on since if u want to raise the rank in this game, this option can help u with it. Actually, I know that it's quite difficult to raise the profile lvl, however, I believe that it's useful to buy csgo boost since this service can raise the profile lvl pretty quick with less personal time that u need to use. Actually, the price is quite good, so I think it's a lot better to use this service since u can spend more free time in the real life if u want...

Last edited:
Well, fridgeband will not be happy with this game...I definitely saw a timer in a discussion with Jackie. :whistle:

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of timed conversations and such in RPG's. I like to go slow, enjoy the dialogue, think of just how to respond.
Being forced to quickly pick one option or another because of a forced timer is frustrating to say the least. Sometimes just downright ruining the game.

That's because this is supposed to be a big, deep story. An epic adventure. Where our choices are supposed to feel like real choices. The timed conversation stuff just kills that, and makes it just a "game" that we're playing, instead of a world to lose yourself in.

I don't mind it as much in a game like say Alpha Protocol, as that's basically an action game that overall doesn't last that long. So yeah, you get some pressure, but if you screw up, it won't take long to get through it again and make better choices. That's part of the point of that game.

But for something like this, or say Witcher or any other big RPG... no, time limits are terrible

I dont mind this personally. I disagree with it making it more " gamey " as it's also in real life where you dont always have the luxury of time to make an an optimal choice. In fact it's more gamey when people just stare at you waiting for you to make a choice, breaks immersion. I like the way it is right now. :)

I dont mind this personally. I disagree with it making it more " gamey " as it's also in real life where you dont always have the luxury of time to make an an optimal choice.

Actually, it's very rare IRL that you cannot take your time to choose what you are saying, plus:
-IRL don't have to read the number of answer you can choose from, nor limited by the number of choices.
-IRL you are yourself, not V, and don't have to thinks about how your V would react.
-IRL you can almost always come back on the same subject.
-And a last point I just realized: timed limited answers indirectly lower the number of answers you'll be able to choose from, as you cannot give the players a timer and gives them plenty of choices at the same time.

Depends on the situation. But in RL you dont always have the time to think through all your options.

I've been jumped in RL by some scumbags, I didnt have time to start weighting my options when they punks waved a butterfly in front of me.

You'll just have to be salty and accept that this is the way it is. Try reading faster, It was like that in Witcher and from what we have seen its like this in cp2077

I loved the way this mechanic works. In the old demo for 2018 E3 when Meredith Stout meets V and asks if she is alone and since it makes sense she has no time for V there was the added pressure of lie detector + gun in face which would have just lost so much of its tension if you could just sit in that little dialogue pocket for 24 hours.
I also liked how she was addressing how it took long for V to answer so she repeated her question of " are you here alone? " with aggravation

I hope it stays this way.

In fact it's more gamey when people just stare at you waiting for you to make a choice
Yeah. That would basically never happen IRL. People would consider you slow, a weirdo, or something along those lines if you stood there just staring at them for even just a minute, not saying a word.

-IRL you are yourself, not V, and don't have to thinks about how your V would react.
No one forces you to "think about how V would react". In fact, if you play V as yourself (s)he thinks in the exact same way as you do. You can just pick 1 every single time, if you want. It's all optional.

And in general, a video game will never be fully realistic in this aspect. There will always be limitations on things such as dialogue options because it would be impossible to not have a set set of responses and have NPCs react appropriately based on what the PC says.

Timed dialogue options do add some realism. They are also good for forcing quick thinking and/or decisions, often adding challenge to the game.
Sure, it can be funny to be able to leave some supposedly urgent dialogue open while you go to the bathroom or something ( :ROFLMAO: ), but it doesn't make any real sense (as in, wouldn't be possible IRL) for that to be possible. Timed dialogue options definitely have their place and purpose -- not as a constant thing, but where they logically and reasonably fit.

Witcher 3 never overdoes timed dialogues though it does have quite a few, so I doubt Cyberpunk will either.

I'm one of those people who will save before every conversation, so this won't really affect me other than maybe making it a little more annoying to select dialogue options. I'm kind of ocd about accidentally doing something that ruins the playthrough, and dialogue choices in games can be extremely important and can lock you out of stuff depending on minor differences in what you say/do. If this stresses you out, then I recommend obsessively saving before every convo like me :ROFLMAO:

No one forces you to "think about how V would react". In fact, if you play V as yourself (s)he thinks in the exact same way as you do.

How can I play V as myself when the character already have opinions on things?
Different opinions than mine of course (or it would not be a problem).

not as a constant thing, but where they logically and reasonably fit.

Hold on! Full stop!
Are you saying they won't be there for all the game's dialogue?
Cause it makes a world of difference in having to savescum some dialogues because of it and having to savescum every time my character have to open his mouth.

Witcher 3 never overdoes timed dialogues though it does have quite a few, so I doubt Cyberpunk will either.

Well, in one of the video there was already at least one time I was unable to read the options:
And pushing a button randomly would hardly qualify as a choice either.

Are you saying they won't be there for all the game's dialogue?
How could I possibly know that?
I can guess they won't be because it would be way excessive.
Edit: I CAN know it, actually, and so can you... just look at probably literally any gameplay video...

I was unable to read the options:
The two options in that clip are really short and the person playing makes their choice at around 40% time left. So, not much of an argument to use.
I was able to read both options just fine, like the player was, and could have made an equally quick decision if I'd been playing (because I'd have known the full context unlike when watching that video). I'm a fast reader.

Slow(er) readers will always be at a disadvantage compared to fast readers, when it comes to timed dialogues, naturally.

(I'm not responding to your first quote because it's blatantly obvious what you're trying with it, and it would just go off-topic.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom