Why does V sound like a jerk?

+
Also, male V's VA sounds like he's trying too hard. Not a bad thing, but it can break immersion sometimes.
Some say male V's voice actor is trying too hard, some also say he isn't trying hard enough, but I feel like his lines are spot on. If you really try to read deep into every individual scene shown so far, he always seems to have a reason for his choice of tone. I think that the attention to detail is unparalleled, and the subtle way that they do it actually increases immersion. It's very very subtle, like adding a pinch of salt to a baking recipe, it's almost completely hidden but it makes it much more sweet and drastically increases the depth and complexity of the flavor.
Post automatically merged:

Well, we don't know if they own the building. They might just own the club-
So how does a team/faction only own a club's building but not the roof of that same building?

-otherwise the bouncer would be as pissed as the players by the improvised landing.
They seem to know V is coming to work for them, so they would allow V parking I assume. If they didn't allow V to park V would just be upset that they didn't extend to him that common courtesy and go work for another team/faction.

Also the bouncer didn't seem to care that V kicked those guys asses.
Probably because they didn't treat their co-worker V very nicely.

I think i has to do with the lifepath

A corpo is mean towards the lower people
A street kid is mean towards the corpos
The nomad is indifferent to both the street people and the corpos.

And depending on the lifepath V acts a little more friendly towards their own group of people. So, each group dislikes the other is some form.

Last edited:
I think i has to do with the lifepath

A corpo is mean towards the lower people
A street kid is mean towards the corpos
The nomad is indifferent to both the street people and the corpos.

And depending on the lifepath V acts a little more friendly towards their own group of people.
That's a really good point, I forgot about that for a moment. Another thing that makes me realize now that you mention it is that it also changes how other people treat and behave towards V as well.

I'm aware it's an RPG with choices but aren't corpos supposed to be dicks in general ? You know, "assert your dominance", "I'm better than the trash living in the streets", that kind of stuff. I'm not sure a corpo V attained this statue by being a gentleman. Unless there are exceptions ?

I didn't find male V acting THAT bad at first. But after re-watching the B rolls, there's indeed some strangeness to his intonations in some lines. It's like he's not confident or is trying to dominate with a lack of conviction. Glad female V sounds top notch though since it's what I intend to play. I love me some badass chicks.

I know that corpo V does have to sound a bit bossy and arrogant sometimes, but from what I've seen so far, it seems like he is acting this way to everybody he isn't friends with. I personally find that a bit too over-the-top and unnecessary, but if that's V's personality, so be it.

I agree that female V sounds far superior than male V.

Last edited:
Well technically speaking V wasn't really given a warm welcome, and I'm assuming that if the top of that building only has one entrance/exit to the roof where those basket ball players were playing, and that very same entrance/exit leads directly into the club/bar belonging to the specific people that run that team/faction in night city, I believe we must carefully assume that they also own that roof and basket ball court, and that those basket ball players are probably also a part of that team/faction. (Otherwise, how did they get up on that roof without permission, and even then, how would they know that basket ball court even existed from ground level without having been able to have seen it?) Therefor, judging by the threatening posture that the basketball players take towards V when V steps out of the car and how they aggressively slam the basketball into V's personal space, forcing V to catch it may possibly be seen by V as hostility from that team/faction, hence V's sudden self defense (V probably thinks they are going to hurt V) So when V finally approaches the door and tells the person guarding the entrance to watch their car and not let any harm come to it, I think V believes that the same individuals that appear to be a part of the same team/faction as the club/bar and door guard, may possibly get back up and vandalize V's car as revenge for V's self defense to their aggressive hostile behavior towards V, so V is not simply just asking a random stranger to guard their car for them for no reason, so much as V is carefully measuring the team/factions cooperativeness towards V before V decides to work for them, judging their behavior to determine if they can share trust with each other. When the door guard says they don't get paid to guard cars, but mentions nothing else, it brings into question "What DO they get paid to do?" because the specificity of guarding only the door isn't directly mentioned, even though it could have been briefly mentioned in that short interaction, considering the door guard was willing consider it important enough to explain what they do not get paid for.... When V replies to them and tells them to not let the car get a scratch on it, They seem to relax and silently agree, probably because they know who V is, and they know V is going to be working for them, and they do not want to turn away a potential business partner, so technically speaking, I honestly see no place in that entire scene where V was being a jerk.

Just my deep dive analysis and opinion of the whole thing. If I'm making any mistakes, please let me know. :) (y)

I thought that scene was very interesting, because I picked up on subtle hints that the mechanic assumed V didn't know very much about car repairs (since V was willing to hire them, they must have assumed V didn't know enough to do it themselves) and was trying to scam V by making them pay for more parts and repairs that weren't actually necessary. When V gets upset and decides to finish the repairs on their own, you can sense the nervousness in the mechanics voice, as if they suddenly realize that V knows they were trying to make more money off of them, and have been caught being less than honest. V's anger seems justified in this situation, and the speed at which V fixes the car (in one second) seems to prove this hunch on V's part is correct. The mechanic seems to try to save face by making up a possible future problem that can result from V's quick repair, but V seems to know this is made up to get V to worry and reconsider and still pay more money and V doesn't fall for it, making the mechanic get slightly more nervous, but also resign to defeat knowing that their plan to make extra money fail, and on top of it, they know V knows, and they know V knows that they know, and they know that V knows that they know V knows.... essentially, the mechanic knows they have been caught trying to make a dishonest extra quick dollar, and they know V doesn't trust them anymore.

A very deep scene in my opinion.

I mean, casually deep, but not like "WHOAAA DEEEEEP LEVEL"

I'm hoping the game goes much more deep than that obviously, but I am extremely impressed so far with everything. :)
Wow...that's a lot of assuming and overthinking on that to try and excuse that instance of V and his interactions with others. I'm just saying to me, he came off as an entitled douche in the Corpo-rat storyline, from saying fuck procedures when he knew good and well he wasn't supposed to land where he did to him ordering, not asking but ordering, the person at the door to screw the job they get paid to do but instead watch his precious AV. As for the Nomad storyline, its bad douchy form to catch an attitude with someone when you're in their garage doing dangerous stuff that from the sounds of it could just as easily potentially blow up just as well as not start the car at all.

Bottom line, in those cases? V was one severe haircut and demanding to see the manager away from being a Karen. :censored:

Wow...that's a lot of assuming and overthinking on that to try and excuse that instance of V and his interactions with others. I'm just saying to me, he came off as an entitled douche in the Corpo-rat storyline, from saying fuck procedures when he knew good and well he wasn't supposed to land where he did to him ordering, not asking but ordering, the person at the door to screw the job they get paid to do but instead watch his precious AV. As for the Nomad storyline, its bad douchy form to catch an attitude with someone when you're in their garage doing dangerous stuff that from the sounds of it could just as easily potentially blow up just as well as not start the car at all.

Bottom line, in those cases? V was one severe haircut and demanding to see the manager away from being a Karen. :censored:

Haha now I can see a female corpo V with a Karen haircut looking down on that bouncer.

Honestly, I'm starting to think all this "tough guy" act is less about the life paths than it is V's personality. Then again, the nomad had the choice to skip the line and say nothing while the corpo had another dialogue option.

I'm aware that corpo V does have to sound a bit bossy and arrogant sometimes, but from what I've seen so far, it seems like he is acting this way to everybody he isn't friends with. I personally find that a bit too over-the-top and unnecessary, but if that's V's personality, so be it.

I agree that female V sounds far superior than male V.
I sort of kinda agree with this just a little bit. I do like male V, but I really LOVE female V. She just sounds so good lol, and don't get me wrong, male V is excellent too, but I just really REALLY love female V, and I love her interactions with Jackie.

Wow...that's a lot of assuming and overthinking on that to try and excuse that instance of V and his interactions with others.
I use the word assuming, because We are all assuming, well, everything. There is no way that any of us can actually know what's really going on, since none of us have actually played the game yet. So I could be wrong, but I think I'm on to something here.

I'm just saying to me, he came off as an entitled douche in the Corpo-rat storyline, from saying fuck procedures when he knew good and well he wasn't supposed to land where he did to him ordering,
I think he said that to the onboard flying car AI because he knew that the AI would immediately understand his intentions. I'm thinking it's a built in future-figure of speech codeword recognized by the AI, in essence a much shorter way to say "just land anywhere that works"

not asking but ordering, the person at the door to screw the job they get paid to do but instead watch his precious AV.
Technically, he did ask nicely first. It's a fast conversation, but it's there, I promise. The video shows it, even with subtitles.

As for the Nomad storyline, its bad douchy form to catch an attitude with someone when you're in their garage doing dangerous stuff that from the sounds of it could just as easily potentially blow up just as well as not start the car at all.
Did you read the analytical breakdown in my comment of that nomad car repair shop scene?

It's important to analyze V, but it's just as important to analyze the people around V, and their interactions with V, and how they all treat each other, and why.

Depends on what the scenario writer wanted.
Exactly. Story is very important. There are reasons for everything, even where there is no reason at all.

I think he said that to the onboard flying car AI because he knew that the AI would immediately understand his intentions. I'm thinking it's a built in future-figure of speech codeword recognized by the AI, in essence a much shorter way to say "just land anywhere that works"

Naah as Secretz said, you're reading too much into it. It's much more simple than that. It just portrays corpo V as an ass who treats anyone that is not more rich or powerful than him like trash, which is I think true to the lore. When he says "land anywhere, fuck procedures" it's a way to show this character doesn't give a damn what people think of him.

Naah as Secretz said, you're reading too much into it. It's much more simple than that. It just portrays corpo V as an ass who treats anyone that is not more rich or powerful than him like trash, which is I think true to the lore. When he says "land anywhere, fuck procedures" it's a way to show this character doesn't give a damn what people think of him.
I disagree because of one reason: AI car says to V that a parking spot can not be found if they stick to following procedures; as a result, V says "fuck procedures" because it's either that, or he can't find a parking spot and he has to fly home. That means he can't do the mission, and then Cyberpunk2077 simply does not play out as a game. Then it's just a game about V getting sad and eating cheezy poofs on his couch and getting the crumbs everywhere and in between his seats. No mantis blades, only plastic knives and paper plates, and lots and lots of laundry waiting to be done, but never being gotten around to. Then V runs out of rent money and Jackie has to let him sleep on his moms couch, but she gets mad at V for putting his shoes on the couch and kicks him out. It would be a very sad game. This is why V MUST park SOMEWHERE. He knows it is the only way. Then he can make some money and upgrade to those little peanut butter filled pretzels.

I disagree because of one reason: AI car says to V that a parking spot can not be found if they stick to following procedures; as a result, V says "fuck procedures" because it's either that, or he can't find a parking spot and he has to fly home. That means he can't do the mission, and then Cyberpunk2077 simply does not play out as a game. Then it's just a game about V getting sad and eating cheezy poofs on his couch and getting the crumbs everywhere and in between his seats. No mantis blades, only plastic knives and paper plates, and lots and lots of laundry waiting to be done, but never being gotten around to. Then V runs out of rent money and Jackie has to let him sleep on his moms couch, but she gets mad at V for putting his shoes on the couch and kicks him out. It would be a very sad game. This is why V MUST park SOMEWHERE. He knows it is the only way. Then he can make some money and upgrade to those little peanut butter filled pretzels.

Lol that escated quickly. But honestly in thks world, V would just go sell his body on the street to get money rent

8332C792-4A6D-4383-AF23-453701E5D2D6.jpeg

To be Fair they Chose the Jerk option in that clip Which also makes sense with Vs Corpo background and considering the actual contexts of what’s going on in his story at this point. I do think the other option would have sounded less arrogant though.

View attachment 11048438
To be Fair they Chose the Jerk option in that clip Which also makes sense with Vs Corpo background and considering the actual contexts of what’s going on in his story at this point. I do think the other option would have sounded less arrogant though.
Wow I have to give you serious credit! :cool: (y)
I feel we all forgot that one detail. Options! I totally forgot about that, that's how deep this game is, You really have to pay attention, it's overwhelming how many different things you can do! amazing.

OK, so lemme get this straight...so Corpo-rat V absolutely has to park where they're not supposed to just because their business is just that important that they can't be bothered to park further away and maybe walk some?

Yup, total Karen move...I'm about 99% sure that if V came out of Lizzie's and there was a scratch on his AV, he'd tell the person at the door he was going to need to speak to her manager.

OK, so lemme get this straight...so Corpo-rat V absolutely has to park where they're not supposed to just because their business is just that important that they can't be bothered to park further away and maybe walk some?

Yup, total Karen move...I'm about 99% sure that if V came out of Lizzie's and there was a scratch on his AV, he'd tell the person at the door he was going to need to speak to her manager.
Maybe V knows that there are dangerous enemies nearby and walking would just get him chased by them? Maybe V doesn't want to take risks in that situation for some reason we don't know yet. I did notice that V was very kind by parking their flying car way off to the side of the basket ball court, and I noticed that the basket ball players actually have to walk several feet to reach V's car while the car door is still slowly opening, because he parked so far away so as to be courteous to them, but they still wanted to act angry towards V, before even giving them a chance to explain why they parked there. Perhaps they were even a test, ordered by the team/faction that owns the club/bar to see if V could handle them, and test if he could handle the job they were going to possibly give him later.
If there really was a scratch on his car, I am absolutely certain V would talk to the team/faction leader, it would be quite the scene for sure, big story moment.
Just a guess.

Lol Did you see what he did to the basketball players? Pretty sure Corpo V’s response would be a lot more severe than speaking to the manager.

Top Bottom