Car customization has been dropped

+
Vehicle customization actually fits VERY well within cyberpunk universe
, if there is universe where vehicle customization fits very well in, its cyberpunk universe, because your STYLE matters, your STYLE is everything, it definies you, what you wear, what you drive it matters. people litereally treat their bodies in this world like sport cars to be customized and modified to fit one's personal needs and tastes.
Yeah but taking your car to the shop to get fancy wouldn't exactly seem like a priority for a cyberpunk. Same with apartment interior design / mass real estate holdings. Seems more like clothing, weapons, cyberware and such would be more in an edgerunners wheelhouse for personalization. Making everything customizable doesn't seem especially practical from a storytelling perspective either ... unless they're gonna take the car from you for two weeks of in-game time.

That being said, if they cut it and then add it back as "free DLC because we're good guys" then I'd be pretty annoyed by a blatant PR move.
Not necessarily, sometimes you have to cut stuff out that won't make it due to time contraints and later you can add it back if it's something you think would benefit the game. Intentionally removing stuff to add it back in later for PR points... now that I'd have an issue with but I have faith that CDPR wouldn't do that.

I was more bummed out by the inability to customize V's apartment than I am with this news, but yeah, it's unfortunate if this was something you were looking forward to.

Question: will player-owned-vehicles be a part of missions? Or will we be taking someone else's car each time? I'm curious what role vehicles will play in our missions, or if they're just meant as a the best way to get from point A to point B safely in this dangerous city.

Isn't that a little bit TOO harsh? I mean, it will still be free and gestures like this have always been their policy. They don't cut it out to make a PR move. It just isn't finished yet.
Didn't they say the game was pretty much feature complete and that they were just polishing and bug squashing at this point? I find it hard to believe that the game that was going to have been released (before two delays for polishing) would have a feature like car customization in such an infancy stage that it'd need to be cut content.

Again though, how do you determine that besides blind faith in the studio? I don't hold any developer above criticism. There's a difference between something like "free DLC" when it's stuff not developed prior to a game's completion and that which is likely complete (or close to) and then cut to be added later.

Haven't other studios received harsh criticisms for doing the same and then selling it back? What's really the difference between doing it for some quick cash and doing it for the PR?

I mean, like I said in my original post. I wouldn't care if it's something that's cut or not as I don't see car customization as important to this type of game. I would prefer they focus on the character customization (cybernetics) and the dialogue or choices. So if it was cut then it was cut.

I would only take issue if this is somehow added some weeks after release and advertised as some "we're good guys because free DLC" type of move. If they come out and add it, but list it as, "Hey this was pretty much something which was finished, but we needed to prioritize to meet deadlines for the launch, but we finished afterwards so here you go", then that'd mean a lot more to someone like myself.

As always, there will be tons of great ideas developers/people think should be in the game, but at the end of the day, you need to make the call as to whether or not it is necessary within the scope of the gameplay. Car customization is cool, maybe we'll see it in further expansions/updates, but I don't think it should be a priority.

Didn't they say the game was pretty much feature complete and that they were just polishing and bug squashing at this point?
What's to say they didn't axe that before announcing it was feature complete? Did they mention it was in after the delay announcement?

I find it hard to believe that the game that was going to have been released (before two delays for polishing) would have a feature like car customization in such an infancy stage that it'd need to be cut content.
Which is why they might have decided to axe what they had and delay the game to polish the rest. What's so hard to believe about that?

Didn't they say the game was pretty much feature complete and that they were just polishing and bug squashing at this point? I find it hard to believe that the game that was going to have been released (before two delays for polishing) would have a feature like car customization in such an infancy stage that it'd need to be cut content.

Again though, how do you determine that besides blind faith in the studio? I don't hold any developer above criticism. There's a difference between something like "free DLC" when it's stuff not developed prior to a game's completion and that which is likely complete (or close to) and then cut to be added later.

Haven't other studios received harsh criticisms for doing the same and then selling it back? What's really the difference between doing it for some quick cash and doing it for the PR?

I mean, like I said in my original post. I wouldn't care if it's something that's cut or not as I don't see car customization as important to this type of game. I would prefer they focus on the character customization (cybernetics) and the dialogue or choices. So if it was cut then it was cut.

I would only take issue if this is somehow added some weeks after release and advertised as some "we're good guys because free DLC" type of move. If they come out and add it, but list it as, "Hey this was pretty much something which was finished, but we needed to prioritize to meet deadlines for the launch, but we finished afterwards so here you go", then that'd mean a lot more to someone like myself.
You talk about blind faith in a development studio but you seem to have blind faith that the car customization was a feature at all. The Devs always stated that it was something they would like to have in the game, not once did they say it would be a feature in the game.

I'm sure they'll add more customization options down the line (for vehicles and apartment). I just wanna get my hands on the story and characters at this point

Aw, man that sucks. We also wanted death races with weapons in the Badlands but I guess that won't happen either.

I wish we could at the very least be able to change the paint job but meh. Not a deal breaker.

Vehicle customization actually fits VERY well within cyberpunk universe
, if there is universe where vehicle customization fits very well in, its cyberpunk universe, because your STYLE matters, your STYLE is everything, it definies you, what you wear, what you drive it matters. people litereally treat their bodies in this world like sport cars to be customized and modified to fit one's personal needs and tastes.
So yeah your body, what you wear and what you drive matters and people costumize everything in this world, Its a bit jarring and immersion breaking when in such immersive game you are only one who cant customize their car.

My thought as well. In a universe where style matters so much, if we can customize our bodies, why not cars?

Wait, so you can customize your character, their mods, and their clothing which you will see like .01% of the time but you can't customize your vehicles that you'll see all the time? Wut. I don't understand these decisions at all.

Again though, how do you determine that besides blind faith in the studio?

CDPR's previous track record, combined with understanding of project management.

You actually answer yourself;

If they release car customisation after launch, it's because they didn't consider it a vital component of the game and priorized other systems.

Car customization was never in. When asked about it they said its something they're looking into and it may find its way into the game IF they take it somewhere they're happy with. Obviously that didn't happen.

I said revolving around cars/vehicles. Which Cyberpunk certainly won't be.

Well......... many reviewers pointed out that vehicle travel is actually huge in CP2077 and that they were surprised by the amount of vehicle travel you had to do. They likened this aspect to GTA (which sounds excellent in my books. Just think of how much you travel with Roach in the witcher..)

The city is massive and you have to unlock quicktravel points before you can use them. Doesn't make much sense with tram line though?! Its not like I have to walk to destination first before I can buy a tram ticket there in real life..

Well......... many reviewers pointed out that vehicle travel is actually huge in CP2077 and that they were surprised by the amount of vehicle travel you had to do. They likened this aspect to GTA (which sounds excellent in my books. Just think of how much you travel with Roach in the witcher..)
I know right? :think:

We were able to place different saddles on Roach. Some very light ones couldn't hurt now, would it? It would kinda suck to see the exact same car in the open world. lol But that's probably intended as well..

Top Bottom