Sharing your V look

+
Mass Effect have appearance codes, so you can just use the code instead of creating character look from the beginning. Saints row have ability to upload/download character look at/from some service (currently not available). Would be cool to see a way to share Vs with other players.

Not worth it imo. Seems like a pretty pointless feature to me, but I also don't see why one would want to copy a character in a single-player RPG in the first place. :shrug:

Sure, some do, but are they numerous enough to justify having a such a system? I've no idea.

Madae

Forum veteran
I don't see why one would want to copy a character in a single-player RPG in the first place.
Mass Effect had plenty of character sharing, mostly because some people found it hard to create attractive characters and didn't want to waste a lot of time in the creator. Maybe it isn't a big deal for you, but there are pretty large active communities around the practice, Bethesda games in particular.

found it hard to create attractive characters
Aha. Of course.

Yeah, it sure isn't a big thing for me. I have no problem even if I want to re-create an old character of mine; I don't care if I don't get every detail the same because it makes no difference. Other than the literal difference, but that's 100% superficial.

Last edited:

Madae

Forum veteran
Aha. Of course.

Yeah, it sure isn't a big thing for me. I have no problem even if I want to re-create an old character of mine; I don't care if I don't get every detail the same because it makes no difference.
Not sure how big of a thing in Cyberpunk it will be, since mostly you can't see your character, but I'd imagine some people just like knowing they're "hot stuff". Part of the fantasy of being someone else, especially in roleplaying games. Escapism and all that. Arguably, most people probably wish they were 10/10.

because some people found it hard to create attractive characters

Yep, this depends on the character creation but I can definitely see it being a problem with an extensive character creator like the one CP2077 is going to have. Its far from trivial to find the right options. At least its going to take lot of time. I have played a number of games where I felt a good looking character was superhard to achieve. Fallout: New Vegas springs to mind.... everything just looked like it crawled out from under a rock..

And a CP2077 previewer said they managed to recreate Walton Goggings and then just had to move forward to the game cause their time was limited. :D
Walton_Goggins_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Each possible choice of appearance is likely identified by a number, so the final appearance of your V is essentially a array of numbers.

Which should be easy enough to export.

I don't think people will have a problem making attractive characters in CP2077
Perhaps, but I'm sure some will think they did well, share it, and then be surprised by what someone else did and like it better. All depends on what options we have at release. The big thing is usually feature molding (specifically facial), which CP2077 probably won't have from what I've seen, and if it's mostly presets, it might not be as big of a deal.

Perhaps, but I'm sure some will think they did well, share it, and then be surprised by what someone else did and like it better.
I already have OC I'm gunna try to remake in CP2077, so excited >:) I hated Mass Effects CC. I just played as default male in 2,3 and Andromeda lol.

I already have OC I'm gunna try to remake in CP2077, so excited >:) I hated Mass Effects CC. I just played as default male in 2,3 and Andromeda lol.
I spent an obscene amount of time in Mass Effect 1 making characters, even had directions for different features (10 clicks right, etc) for my character if I ever decided to play it again as a different class.

Depends. Do you think we'll be able to revisit our appearance throughout the game, or is it set for good once we start the game? I only ask it like that because, no matter how long I spend on creating my character, there's no way I'm going to remember what value option I selected for the nose after about an hour into game play. And if someone were to ask what I did for my character's look, I'd like to be able to tell them.

Mass Effect have appearance codes, so you can just use the code instead of creating character look from the beginning. Saints row have ability to upload/download character look at/from some service (currently not available). Would be cool to see a way to share Vs with other players.
The system I like best is to place the character's attributes in the meta data in a profile pic. It makes it really easy to have a gallery for people to browse for what they like, and simply save and import the pic.

Not worth it imo. Seems like a pretty pointless feature to me, but I also don't see why one would want to copy a character in a single-player RPG in the first place. :shrug:

Sure, some do, but are they numerous enough to justify having a such a system? I've no idea.
In THIS game it's pointless (not just because we'll almost never see our character but because there wont be complex sliders but rather you pick eyes, nose, mouth, etc...from a list), but in third person RPGs where you're looking at your character both walking around and in cutscenes for like 50+ hours it can be very useful. I'm great at CC but not everyone is and some CCs are harder to use and get a custom character that doesn't look like an inbred mutant lol. Some people need to benefit from the CC skills of others, I'm sure playing the default gets boring.
Post automatically merged:

Mass Effect had one of the worst CC lol. It's especially a shame since Dragon Age: Inquisition had one of the best CC IMO.

In THIS game it's pointless (not just because we'll almost never see our character but because there wont be complex sliders but rather you pick eyes, nose, mouth, etc...from a list), but in third person RPGs where you're looking at your character both walking around and in cutscenes for like 50+ hours it can be very useful. I'm great at CC but not everyone is and some CCs are harder to use and get a custom character that doesn't look like an inbred mutant lol. Some people need to benefit from the CC skills of others, I'm sure playing the default gets boring.
Post automatically merged:

Mass Effect had one of the worst CC lol. It's especially a shame since Dragon Age: Inquisition had one of the best CC IMO.
Even tho it doesn't have sliders, I feel like the presets will be better. They'll look more natural and defined (I dunno about the ppl who want to make crack characters tho lol) and I just watch a vid saying you can even customize V's pupils so I think this will rival DAI's CC. You'll always see your V in your inventory and reflections. I don't have a problem with it in FP. It's super immersive!

I played the MMO Black Desert and pretty sure the "sharing looks" option is very big there, has a voting system and most downloaded and other categories. However, that game has sliders and basically morphing the face, hair, and body with your mouse not just sliders, pretty amazing to me.

Even though this game won't have sliders and just options 1 through something I think it still be cool to have this system of sharing looks, I still manage to create monstrosities so it be helpful lol.

Top Bottom