No Subway in Cyberpunk 2077

+

What is your reaction to this news?

• Happy about the removal of subways and trains

• Indifferent about the removal of subways and trains

• Disapointed about the removal of subways and trains

Results are only viewable after voting.
If CDPR devs actualy reading this i want to remind you in E3 2018 trailer literaly first thing you see about this game is METRO MAP. Then character stand up and moving trought other npcs to window until they out of tunel and you see Night city for the first time.
Whole hype about this game started here when you been in metro and legendary words "In 2077 they voted my city the worst place in america" created hype.

Now there this whole part will not be in game. This is very dangerous because many players see this as misleding and it will be first thing people will be criticise. Media parasites will be instant exploiting that.

Dont get me wrong i do not need subway and fully understand you need using resources elswhere BUT you used is as promote and in that case it SHOULD be in game. You made that decision in 2018 and i you must fulfil expectatios made by it.

tl:dr - Removing subway will be considered treachery and media go mad

Trailer reminder:

Also, the fact you can see them moving in the game (as confirmed by journalists) and not being able to interact is quite weird.
I wonder if you can crash into and/or get run over by them, though.

I've been told and I know that it's weird, but there is this one game where I really loved driving on train tracks partially because it was fun to be able to sort of "climb" the walls of tunnels with just the right angle, and partially because it was fun to crash into a train. Crashing with different sizes of vehicles to see how the end result changed, that sort of thing. :ROFLMAO:

I mean, playing it on current gen consoles seems to be not a very smart move while theorically next gen will be able to run it properly.

Should have different content actually, like in Dragon Age Origins.
Post automatically merged:

worth staying in the final game when it comes to optimization.

Optimisation is a really bad reason if you say the PC version has to suffer removed feature because of old gen consoles.
There is no rules saying two versions of a game should be exactly the same.

Last edited:
I wonder if you can crash into and/or get run over by them, though.

I've been told and I know that it's weird, but there is this one game where I really loved driving on train tracks partially because it was fun to be able to sort of "climb" the walls of tunnels with just the right angle, and partially because it was fun to crash into a train. Crashing with different sizes of vehicles to see how the end result changed, that sort of thing. :ROFLMAO:
I don't know if the train are at ground level or flyover (I just googled it, don't know how to use it) in cp77.
We've all crashed vehicles against trains or commit suicide in all GTA games, even as an adult. Who denies it, is just lying. :ROFLMAO:

Should have different content actually, like in Dragon Age Origins.

Optimisation is a really bad reason if you say the PC version has to suffer removed feature because of old gen consoles.
Next gen versions will be like high settings of today's pc at 30fps and some ray tracing. You get them for free if you have the current gen version.

I meant content should not be held back just because not fitting in old gen console versions.
There's no hint this is happening, but the game has been designed to work on current gen machines, they're not making 2 different games just for the sake of it.
Also, GTA 4 has working subway, it's not a matter of technical issues. It's just they have no time to make trains working properly.

Well, even the most recent gameplay has the WIP disclaimer on it. I don't recall anyone saying that the PC version of the game is going to be the same to the old-gen consoles, but I may have missed something.

The build that people got to play/to see probably resembles the console version more than PC version. One of the journalists said they played the game on a PC with RTX 2080 or something, but they were not allowed to play the game on mouse and keyboard, which probably means that hte PC (like, the ultimate PC) build is not quite ready.

Or, again, maybe the devs just saw very little (or none at all) real use or sense to keep the subway/trains in the actual game. I mean.

I mean, the community just sits out there, speculating what the game needs, what's good for it, how to fix this and that, what's to stay or what's to go... as if it's community who develops the game in the first game. Having wishes and desires is a-okay, I get it, but sometimes people just overreact over the content we've been shown; we've been told that everything is WIP (except for the story), it is very much expected to see the changes. Even major ones like that.

If CDPR devs actualy reading this i want to remind you in E3 2018 trailer literaly first thing you see about this game is METRO MAP. Then character stand up and moving trought other npcs to window until they out of tunel and you see Night city for the first time.
Whole hype about this game started here when you been in metro and legendary words "In 2077 they voted my city the worst place in america" created hype.

Now there this whole part will not be in game. This is very dangerous because many players see this as misleding and it will be first thing people will be criticise. Media parasites will be instant exploiting that.

Dont get me wrong i do not need subway and fully understand you need using resources elswhere BUT you used is as promote and in that case it SHOULD be in game. You made that decision in 2018 and i you must fulfil expectatios made by it.

Trailer reminder:

Say it with me "This trailer was never a game play trailer" nothing in it was ever certainly in the game. that is the nature of cinematic trailers.

the community just sits out there, speculating what the game needs, what's good for it, how to fix this and that, what's to stay or what's to go... as if it's community who develops the game in the first game. Having wishes and desires is a-okay, I get it, but sometimes people just overreact over the content we've been shown

Backseat developing anyone ? lol

Trailer reminder:
Yes, that's the point! They have made nice Metro Map in 2018 demo and now just abandon it? This is really disappointing. Why not just use Metro as a way to teleport?

Makes me a bit sad to find out that they're not in the game. Everything to this point had me assuming that they would be included and functional. It was a massive immersion piece of GTA 4. Sheesh, how can we have a functional subway system in a 12 year old game, but not now? Oh well.

Honestly, for the games in which something like this has been present, I think I've done it once then never again. No idea at all if that is typical (JMO). Meanwhile, one of the previewers from last week did say that in addition to cars/bikes, there is a fast travel mechanic. So, while I can definitely see why some people would want this and find it a nice way to chill while viewing Night City, it also seems like it would be a not insignificant investment of the dev team's time that might just not be worth it compared to other things they could be working on.

I mean, the community just sits out there, speculating what the game needs, what's good for it, how to fix this and that, what's to stay or what's to go... as if it's community who develops the game in the first game. Having wishes and desires is a-okay, I get it, but sometimes people just overreact over the content we've been shown; we've been told that everything is WIP (except for the story), it is very much expected to see the changes. Even major ones like that.

That's what you get when you've a misleading communication...
Just like the car customisation, some devs say yes (like the gang's colored car from the Mad Max nods video bit), some say no, tho... They both work at the same place right?.

I don't give a damn about having a metro or not, but when the marketing campaign is all over the place, and mostly on such a game, don't be surprised people overreacts...

E3 2019 : hey guys, i'm Keanu Reeves, you saw me in Matrix and John Wich, CDPR hired me... I mean, I play a role in their next game and guess what? You can buy it now! And it release in A-fuckin'-Pril!.

One year later, they're like "Sorry buddies, but the same is still a big puzzle".

So, where is the logic?.
I'm sure they have shareholder and other manufacturer they work with which push them to give solid dates etc...

But from a customer side, it's just nonsense.

What if they'd release a trailer and a big even for Matrix 4, Keanu jumps from a copter' playing a sick ass guitar riff, explosions and shits...
"Grab your ticket guys, Matrix 4 in your theater next week😏😘"

And one year later, without much news, they're like:
"Heh, sorry guyz, we just finished filming it, now gotta edit and puts some fancy CGI".

Feels like they did everything in the wrong order.

I still wait the game, I still wanna play it, but guys, seriously, just stop, do that game and release it.
The public-consumer communication is meme worthy.

And I hope the game will be great, cause people, with all that mess, won't miss them up if they fail just a lil bit...

I think you hit the nail on the head for me in that they used mass transit prominently in their marketing. I had never put much thought into it other than taking for granted it would be there because of the marketing. I feel like you have a car/bike is a weak excuse. Some cities are iconic for their mass transit.

It sounds like the trains will remain in game though, simply not rideable. So there is that.

Well, even the most recent gameplay has the WIP disclaimer on it. I don't recall anyone saying that the PC version of the game is going to be the same to the old-gen consoles, but I may have missed something.

The build that people got to play/to see probably resembles the console version more than PC version. One of the journalists said they played the game on a PC with RTX 2080 or something, but they were not allowed to play the game on mouse and keyboard, which probably means that hte PC (like, the ultimate PC) build is not quite ready.

Or, again, maybe the devs just saw very little (or none at all) real use or sense to keep the subway/trains in the actual game. I mean.

Every single game is the same on every platform.

Top Bottom