Car customization has been dropped

+
This does NOT equal the game revolving around vehicles. :facepalm:
Great things are sometimes made out of the sum of their parts, and sometimes greater than that sum of parts. Removing parts that add to the experience diminishes the whole, like taking a ship and removing parts of the buoyancy supporting hull sections. = the ship sinks beneath the ocean. Like bridges, built upon many different interwoven and cooperating support structures, the game is built upon many big things, and vehicles are one of those things that make the game special, as they are a big part of that supporting structure.
:shrug:

Regardless I don't expect to see more than 20 vehicles to be drive able regardless. Especially with the interior design in FPP.

I'm not referring to the same vehicle but this time it has more additional doors or it's a coupe variant.

I have not seen many classical 5 doors sedans in this game. I like that Lancia/MK2 Golf vehicle you ride when starting the nomad path

Great things are sometimes made out of the sum of their parts, and sometimes greater than that sum of parts. Removing parts that add to the experience diminishes the whole, like taking a ship and removing parts of the buoyancy supporting hull sections. = the ship sinks beneath the ocean. Like bridges, built upon many different interwoven and cooperating support structures, the game is built upon many big things, and vehicles are one of those things that make the game special, as they are a big part of that supporting structure.
:shrug:

Drivel. Cars are are more like that third funnel on the ship that is not actually there to allow engine exhaust out but because the builders thought three funnels looked better. modding is doing a fancy paint job rather than just a single solid colour, it's nice but won't make the ship operate any better at all. it's barely noticable in GTA nd you spend a lot of time in cars in that game, more noticable? the fact that they handle like 70's coach spring suspensioned land yatchs than actual recently made cars.

Hey CDPR, u guys really disappointing me cause of many reasons. I was closing my eyes to fact that u postponed release date 2 times. Its ok for me, i was ready to wait this game because i trusted u and i like the things that u promise to do in your game. But news like that giving me reason to not buy Cyberpunk 2077. U would ask "what reason"? Its very simple:"How can i trust people that always tells me a lye?" I don't have PC or gaming console that could run this game, so i was saving money to build PC just for this game, and now i see that. CD Project Red please stop promising or stop cutting content from game.

If you have limited budget in the game, it wouldn't make sense to spend it in a car,
unless it respawns inside your garage or smt like that (which is quite immersive breaking).
But I don't see a reason to remove it either, most likely they haven't really worked on it...

Heh, CDPR added, after listening to feedback, a possibility to play the whole game without killing anyone. But suuuuuure, car customization is so much more important in a RPG.

I'd be happy to choose the colour of the vehicles but it's not really important. I'd rather see them fixing melee and giving us an option to decrease the importance of numbers in combat.

Well......... many reviewers pointed out that vehicle travel is actually huge in CP2077 and that they were surprised by the amount of vehicle travel you had to do.

Hope there are taxi in the game, cause even if I find it cool for the Nomad Character (cause a nomad without a car...), I have not interest in driving in that kind of game (and I don't even play non-VR race games anymore).

I think what many are hoping for is a game beyond what a typical RPG is, a game that incorporates the best of everything for a truly immersive experience. Cars and bikes are an important part of any game they are in, making them personalizable is a big addition to the uniqueness of the experience.

They could add this via expansion packs. Expansion packs will surely give us new cyberware/weapons/outfits and obviously new rpg mechanics like we got from Witcher 3 expansion packs.

I think what many are hoping for is a game beyond what a typical RPG is, a game that incorporates the best of everything for a truly immersive experience. Cars and bikes are an important part of any game they are in, making them personalizable is a big addition to the uniqueness of the experience.

then a lot of people are hoping for the impossible and are going to be terribly disappointed.

no game can be all things to everyone, that's a ridiculous expectation.

Guest 4406876

This does NOT equal the game revolving around vehicles. :facepalm:

"to have someone or something as the main or most important interest or subject"
NFS fits that criteria (but isn't an RPG series), Cyberpunk does not.

CDPR should then keep making Hub worlds like witcher 3 movie oriented and call it a day on open world RPG, because everything that an RPG needs is detail in a living world, taking away features just kills it for the genre. Nothing is particulary needed, but everything is potentially required to make a living RPG world appear legit. And the more detail comes out from Cyberpunk, the less rpg it seems.
Post automatically merged:

Heh, CDPR added, after listening to feedback, a possibility to play the whole game without killing anyone. But suuuuuure, car customization is so much more important in a RPG.

As genitalia customization. A big selling point for people that forget which one is the pad and the "stick" (if male), a mandatory feature for an rpg of course...

Last edited by a moderator:
As genitalia customization. A big selling point for people that forget which one is the pad and the "stick" (if male), a mandatory feature for an rpg of course...

If by "genitalia customization" you mean very detailed character creator, which allows you to play male with female parts and vice-versa then yes - it's a mandatory for a good cyberpunk RPG.

CDPR should then keep making Hub worlds like witcher 3 movie oriented and call it a day on open world RPG, because everything that an RPG needs is detail in a living world, taking away features just kills it for the genre. Nothing is particulary needed, but everything is potentially required to make a living RPG world appear legit. And the more detail comes out from Cyberpunk, the less rpg it seems.
Post automatically merged:

You are comparing the resources it took to make 2 “sticks” to what it would take to make multiple modifications for multiple cars and bikes? Really?

Everyone comparing it to GTA. I never expected nor frankly wanted the amount of customisation seen in GTA. The name is literally about stealing cars. But swinging in the opposite direction of having no customisation is also a big disappointment to me. I really hope we'll see something in a future DLC that will address both our vehicles and apartments. Because it's nice to be able to add personal touches.

You talk about blind faith in a development studio but you seem to have blind faith that the car customization was a feature at all. The Devs always stated that it was something they would like to have in the game, not once did they say it would be a feature in the game.
First off, I'm going by OP, thus I'm assuming it was indeed a feature, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. I hadn't actually looked into it until you made this post. Which by the way, 5 seconds in a Google search finds an article from January of 2019 which states "Maciej Pietras : Whenever you see a vehicle in the game, it will be possible for you to take control and you can then engage in combat from the latter. He's typically the player of things I find cool to do, but I can't give you too much detail on the different vehicles at the moment. However, I can assure you that you can customize your cars in the game."

So yeah, that's about what? 18 months of development time since then? And about that feature that they didn't once say would be in the game, but was in an interview saying it could be assured it would be a feature?

Again, I could care less about car customization at all, but don't have blind faith in any business because it's a business and not a charity.

I'm not even accusing CDPR of anything, but I sure as heck would find it very, very easy to believe it was something that was fairly far along given it's been 18 months since that article and customization in the form of paint jobs and stat changes are fairly easy to implement for even less skilled individuals. Plenty of other studios had great track records before CDPR, yet somehow CDPR is the only studio now that people seem to trust now (I wonder why..)

Guest 4406876

You are comparing the resources it took to make 2 “sticks” to what it would take to make multiple modifications for multiple cars and bikes? Really?
Yep. Why should I care about penis sizes and sex in a game while everything else regarding an open functional world doesn't exist? Do gameplay first, then you can say "yey we are putting sex and d***s too!!!" (but that's just me I guess)

Yep. Why should I care about penis sizes and sex in a game while everything else regarding an open functional world doesn't exist? Do gameplay first, then you can say "yey we are putting sex and d***s too!!!" (but that's just me I guess)

Sex is part of Cyberpunk 2020 vibes.
Cyberpunk 2020 without sex (and Rock and Roll) is just Dystopian future.

Man, I miss the Rockerboy...

Top Bottom