GWENT’s Fifth Expansion ‘Master Mirror’ revealed!

+
I hadn't thought of it that way. :ROFLMAO:
He must really love the taste of those hounds

EDIT: Going through the patch notes I see they reworded it to Discard and Boost by units power, instead of keeping Weavess' consume wording, so not as cannibalistic as originally thought.

Last edited:
So there is no change to fix blue coin disadvantage. It is kinda dissapointing. Even i liked the changes in general. We need solutions for such big problems.

A couple of the faction specific tactics cards got minor boosts (SK and ST I think).

Moreover, from what I’ve read, there is no statistical evidence blue coin is disadvantaged. I, for one, often prefer it.

EDIT: Going through the patch notes I see they reworded it to Discard and Boost by units power, instead of keeping Weavess' consume wording, so not as cannibalistic as originally thought.

Thanks, only because of your comment did i find the patch notes (for everyone else, they're on the main page of the site)

Again, they "forget" to post this vital information on these forums... :shrug:

Good job, CDPR, for getting the patch notes out a day BEFORE the expansion! I hope this continues in the future. :)

So i've also checked the patch notes now. I like most of the changes to current cards and leaders...

However, among all this excitement and debate of the new cards and changes to Harmony, i see the SY changes aren't getting any attention.

They have nerfed to hell, both Congregate leader and Sacred Flame artefact. I get it, these two in their current state + new cards supporting Fireswarm would be very powerful, but im not sure it warranted these changes.

Congregate recently got very popular, but not for fireswarm decks, because its leader ability combo'ed perfectly with whoreson senior, for a crime/gord deck. This deck is BS, and now because of it, Congregate ability suffers - only provides 4/6 pts, no coins, has to be used on a single charge, requires an additional firesworn unit to achieve max value...
I think i wont even bother using it for fireswarm decks, 6pts is laughable for a leader.

And Sacred Flame, nobody was using it, and i get its effect conflicts with the whole new thing of turning zealots into footmen, but now it basically sucks EVERYTIME (4pts on deploy for 9prov, 12 pts max on a full row), while before it provided great value if not instantly removed by bomb heavers...

This is wonderful news to my ears. I hope the Master Mirror Expansion brings more variety and complexity into the meta game. Even though the pre-order bundles seems to be expensive for most people, I hope the +70 new cards introduced brings more excitement and challenges into my matches.

P.S. I am really looking forward towards the ornaments geared for the MM expansion coming into the shop. I hope the development team introduces more cool stuff to buy and introduce events for playing well with these cards in different ways.

Discard and draw, not consume.
That's why I put the edit right below my comment after that, but yes.

Last edited:
So i've also checked the patch notes now. I like most of the changes to current cards and leaders...

However, among all this excitement and debate of the new cards and changes to Harmony, i see the SY changes aren't getting any attention.

They have nerfed to hell, both Congregate leader and Sacred Flame artefact. I get it, these two in their current state + new cards supporting Fireswarm would be very powerful, but im not sure it warranted these changes.

Congregate recently got very popular, but not for fireswarm decks, because its leader ability combo'ed perfectly with whoreson senior, for a crime/gord deck. This deck is BS, and now because of it, Congregate ability suffers - only provides 4/6 pts, no coins, has to be used on a single charge, requires an additional firesworn unit to achieve max value...
I think i wont even bother using it for fireswarm decks, 6pts is laughable for a leader.

And Sacred Flame, nobody was using it, and i get its effect conflicts with the whole new thing of turning zealots into footmen, but now it basically sucks EVERYTIME (4pts on deploy for 9prov, 12 pts max on a full row), while before it provided great value if not instantly removed by bomb heavers...
I think they're talking about the special card spawning zealots, not the leader ability. Could be wrong, but I think it's the change from spawning 3 when there's no coins to spawning 3 when there's a firesworn on the row.

Thanks, only because of your comment did i find the patch notes (for everyone else, they're on the main page of the site)

Again, they "forget" to post this vital information on these forums... :shrug:
Not that I really did much other than respond to the first person to post the notes, but thanks!! :D

@Barracuda88 and @Pacifixer Well, sh*t, i really made a fool out of myself there...

I did find it weird they were calling Congregation to the leader ability, as i was pretty sure the ability was called Congregate.
I must have played Congregation HUNDREDS of times and i had no idea that's what it's called :oops: and it didnt even pass through my mind that could be the card that was being changed on my rant...

Oh well, Congregate back on the table! But i'll probably use another ability, just because i've already done that Mastery.

I'm not a huge fan of getting rid of all weather removal cards. All 4 rows are going to be completely full of weather the entire match. SK vs MO is just going to be one big cataclysmic weather event.

Don't like the Sacred Flame change, but the rest of the changes seem fair. I like immersive changes like the balance nerf. It lowers the deck's efficiency, but as a casual player I couldn't care less. :p

Kinda weird to complain about the weather removal. I honestly have never ever seen someone use it... ever. They make a good point: the value is inscribed into the provisions. Not a lot of ways to exploit it, so why remove it?

Top Bottom