Car customization has been dropped

+
Car Customization wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. I'd be happy if we could change the colour, but it's not important. What's important is the characters and story. This isn't a racing car game

Car Customization wouldn't be as easy as it sounds. I'd be happy if we could change the colour, but it's not important. What's important is the characters and story. This isn't a racing car game
I may be mistaken but weren't races mentioned somewhere as little mini-event missions?
Post automatically merged:

then a lot of people are hoping for the impossible and are going to be terribly disappointed.
no game can be all things to everyone, that's a ridiculous expectation.
People are acting like car customization has never ever been done in a video game before.
"Impossible"
cmon

I may be mistaken but weren't races mentioned somewhere as little mini-event missions?
Lol yes, it's a mini game. Car customization was never something they planned on doing from the start tho, it's just something that fans wanted. I think people are being a little too harsh considering everything else the game has to offer.

Lol yes, it's a mini game. Car customization was never something they planned on doing from the start tho, it's just something that fans wanted. I think people are being a little too harsh considering everything else the game has to offer.
I just can't believe that car customization isn't a mandatory automatic total given classic staple standard by now for any game that contains cars, but also especially for Cyberpunk2077, which is supposed to be the greatest game that has ever existed so far, and put to shame the other not so nice devs and publishers (who's names I will not mention)

Cyberpunk2077 is Titanic. The unsinkable ship.

I am getting stomach problems watching the game develop. So much love and care put into it, but also so much missing. I'm torn to shreds about how to feel, and I feel good, and bad, but overall I fell numb. I feel lost.

I just can't believe that car customization isn't a mandatory automatic total given classic staple standard by now for any game that contains cars, but also especially for Cyberpunk2077, which is supposed to be the greatest game that has ever existed so far, and put to shame the other not so nice devs and publishers (who's names I will not mention)

Cyberpunk2077 is Titanic. The unsinkable ship.

I am getting stomach problems watching the game develop. So much love and care put into it, but also so much missing. I'm torn to shreds about how to feel, and I feel good, and bad, but overall I fell numb. I feel lost.
What's more important to you? An awesome story with amazing characters and dialogue choices or car customization?

Who's to say they won't add it down the track if people really want it? It seems like a lot of people are confused. This isn't a FPS or GTA. This is a CDPR RPG.

Drivel. Cars are are more like that third funnel on the ship that is not actually there to allow engine exhaust out but because the builders thought three funnels looked better. modding is doing a fancy paint job rather than just a single solid colour, it's nice but won't make the ship operate any better at all. it's barely noticable in GTA nd you spend a lot of time in cars in that game, more noticable? the fact that they handle like 70's coach spring suspensioned land yatchs than actual recently made cars.
If you want to know how important style is, ask people to pay for a two week cruise on an ugly rusty ship.
If you want to know how important functionality is, ask people to pay for a two week cruise on a ship full of leaks and holes.

Functionality is extremely important, but so is style. I can not compromise Functionality in favor of style, and I can not compromise style in favor of functionality. None should ever be compromised. Compromised hulls sink ships. We should never search for compromises. Only Solutions. In my opinion, the right thing to do is to include functional, but also very good styled cars and customization. Also, in my opinion, GTA has awful car customization. I really did not like it at all. I feel that what GTA calls car customization, is so little that it's nothing. It's a joke to me.

What's more important to you? An awesome story with amazing characters and dialogue choices or car customization?
Both.

Who's to say they won't add it down the track if people really want it?
I would welcome that, if it's necessary. I rather they just delay the game another 10 years and release an impossibly good masterpiece.
It seems like a lot of people are confused.
I'm confused why life is so sad.
This isn't a FPS or GTA. This is a CDPR RPG.
I'm not really gonna try to argue if it's an RPG with FPS elements, or an FPS with RPG elements, or a Story driven walking simulator with driving elements. Cyberpunk2077 is like star wars. It has a little bit of everything. That makes it very special.

Last edited:
I would welcome that, if it's necessary. I rather they just delay the game another 10 years and release an impossibly good masterpiece.

There's no way I'd be willing to wait another 10 years for this game lol. The PS6 will probably be out by then :ROFLMAO:

Everyone who played the game said it's incredibly dense and there's a lot to do. I think you need to rein it back a bit in terms of expectations lol. This is gunna be a 50+ hour game. They're doing everything they can.

There's no way I'd be willing to wait another 10 years for this game lol. The PS6 will probably be out by then :ROFLMAO:

Everyone who played the game said it's incredibly dense and there's a lot to do. I think you need to rein it back a bit in terms of expectations lol. This is gunna be a 50+ hour game. They're doing everything they can.
I hope they delay the game, or make the dlc include everything that was left out. honest hopes and dreams. I'm already disappointed. Honest feelings. no sarcasm. I know that the game will be great, but I feel like, just, diminished. I don't know.
I'm still buying it, it will blow other games out of the water, but, it's just, less special if those things are missing.

Do we really have those amazing dialogue choices?
Still to be seen.
Well, they're not going to spoil stuff like that. Idk I feel like there's a lot of hostility towards CDPR lately. As someone who played TW3 I have no concerns about that at all.

I hope they delay the game, or make the dlc include everything that was left out. honest hopes and dreams. I'm already disappointed. Honest feelings. no sarcasm. I know that the game will be great, but I feel like, just, diminished. I don't know.
I'm still buying it, it will blow other games out of the water, but, it's just, less special if those things are missing.
It's delayed until Nov now. Can you please wait until we have the game in our hands before freaking out? Lol I'm sure they'll have awesome DLC and remember there's also gunna be multiplayer down the line too

Well, they're not going to spoil stuff like that. Idk I feel like there's a lot of hostility towards CDPR lately. As someone who played TW3 I have no concerns about that at all.

Well, on a more serious note, you asked why cars were so important, and the real answer is "Nomads".
No cars, no Nomads.

It's delayed until Nov now. Can you please wait until we have the game in our hands before freaking out? Lol I'm sure they'll have awesome DLC and remember there's also gunna be multiplayer down the line too
I can sense the hostility towards CDPR, but I think it's the usual people who are bored and don't actually intend to buy the game (I do not mean anybody on the forums in any way at all) I mean like random internet bullies who I will not name. (just random people hating on cdpr for no reason) And not the actual customers and fans of CDPR and Cyberpunk2077. However, I myself (fan/customer) and among other fans/customers, I do notice some discomfort, some level of stress and anxiety and disappointment. We're generally hearing a bunch of really good things, but also a few really shocking things we really are sad about, like no trains, no car customization, little things like that which I would argue are not really little to me, things that really knock the air out of my sails to know aren't in the game. As I said before, I'm still buying the game, and I know it's going to be amazing, but It's not as amazing as I know it could be. This is why I hope they delay the game much further, even though I'm in actual pain from the tension I feel and the desperation of wanting to play it, I still rather wait an extra year or two if they can put trains and car customization back in. Or at least, if it comes out as DLC, it would make me feel better later if i knew it was a thing actually being worked on. I'm trying so hard to not grind my teeth into dust, I have so many conflicting emotions right now.

Well, on a more serious note, you asked why cars were so important, and the real answer is "Nomads".
No cars, no Nomads.
It's gonna be incredibly depressing when playing as the nomads, the masters of macgyvering everything, and not being able to customize your care despite being a nomad. Imagine being a street kid, but you can't pimp out your ride. Imagine being a corpo, and not being able to dump boatloads of cash into an expensive custom build with bulletproof windows and extra safety features to protect your rich arrogant corporate behind (Referring to in game NPC corpo). Right?

In the lore of the game, it's going to be something that V knows everyone else can do, and are doing, but V will always be like this sad puppy in the window going "but what about me?" talk about being left out... ouch.

No cars, no Nomads.
I asked if car customization is more important than the story and characters (it isn't lol). There will be heaps of vehicles available from junk to luxury with different interiors etc. You'll be able to buy/steal custom gang/corpo vehicles too.

I asked if car customization is more important than the story and characters (it isn't lol). There will be heaps of vehicles available from junk to luxury with different interiors etc. You'll be able to buy/steal custom gang/corpo vehicles too.
Car customization is deeply relevant to the lore of Cyberpunk2077, a world where people Customize their bodies all the time in very big ways and even very little ways too. How can people customize themselves that much, but can't do anything to their car? Stealing a car from another NPC or Faction just because it appears custom is even more painful because the player has to watch V, and the game and know that other NPC's in the game's lore are having fun modding their cars, but V can't actually do it themselves to their own car, unless it's changing a wire in that nomad intro to the game, but that's it?

I do agree that something small like even the paint job, window tint or a couple of selections for bumpers Would have been nice seeing as we could change Roach’s saddle. But I’d rather customise my apartment 100%

Car customization is deeply relevant to the lore of Cyberpunk2077, a world where people Customize their bodies all the time in very big ways and even very little ways too. How can people customize themselves that much, but can't do anything to their car? Stealing a car from another NPC or Faction just because it appears custom is even more painful because the player has to watch V, and the game and know that other NPC's in the game's lore are having fun modding their cars, but V can't actually do it themselves to their own car, unless it's changing a wire in that nomad intro to the game, but that's it?
Idk, honestly I'm not big on car customization. Paint job and decals would suffice for me lol. But we don't even know how many vehicles are available in CP2077 yet. There could be 'legendary' cars we have to find etc. I'm not worried.

I do agree that something small like even the paint job, window tint or a couple of selections for bumpers Would have been nice seeing as we could change Roach’s saddle. But I’d rather customise my apartment 100%
That would have been nice too. I hope that all these things go into the DLC.

Idk, honestly I'm not big on car customization. Paint job and decals would suffice for me lol. But we don't even know how many vehicles are available in CP2077 yet. There could be 'legendary' cars we have to find etc. I'm not worried.
There might be lots of cool cars, but if I can't mod them and make them very personal, I will never feel that good about anything I'm driving, = less immersion = less overall enjoyment of the experience. For me at least, anyway.

That would have been nice too. I hope that all these things go into the DLC.

There might be lots of cool cars, but if I can't mod them and make them very personal, I will never feel that good about anything I'm driving, = less immersion = less overall enjoyment of the experience. For me at least, anyway.
Have you seen the interiors? :eek:They're really cool, especially the one from the street kid prologue. Most people don't customize their cars in real life. I don't think you'll miss it with the amount of customization for V and cyberware.

Of course, you're not worried...no one ever worries about things they don't care about being excluded from a game and they can't understand why others care about it so much. The funny thing is when something they do care about winds up no longer in the game, then they can't understand why others don't care about it as much as them. :censored:

Have you seen the interiors? :eek:They're really cool, especially the one from the street kid prologue. Most people don't customize their cars in real life. I don't think you'll miss it with the amount of customization for V and cyberware.
I do love what they have done with the interiors that we can see so far, but still, no car customization is a soul crushing let down for me. I will never enjoy the game as much as I could have if car customization is missing. It's a hole inside my heart that will never be filled. I will probably never look at the game the same way ever again. The little glint, the tiny sparkle in my eye full of love for the game, dulled to some percentage. It's like the feeling of waking up from a beautiful dream and realizing that things are just simply, not that nice.

Top Bottom