Wallrunning removed

+
Definitely possible, if we allow for advancements in metallurgy, composites and power sources. What is impossible is to bend physics to build such a small rocket engine to fit in a leg and have enough thrust to lift you up.
I can say the same about "small rockets". Definitely possible If we allow it. So I suggest you to allow it.

This one really sucks for me because I was really looking forward to talking advantage of wallrunning both to sneak around and to move around in combat as a sneaky melee hacker glass canon :giveup:
What in the WORLD IS GOING ON!?!?!? what will be removed next? :cry:

I wanted to use mantis blades to find the tallest building in night city, and climb up the building, ON THE OUTSIDE!
It was gonna be so cool.
now...

now I'm just sad

Last edited:
It was the feature that made mantis blades interesting. Without it,v they're just a couple of swords. Another bad news, how many left?

P.S. this reinforces my opinion about CDPR communication being a mess, they've shown and promised too many things that didn't make it to the game. It's freaking annoying.

Wow. It looks like we will be lucky if we will be able to move forward in released game. Or maybe final product will be text based?
Let's see how frame rate is on consoles, it could be quite a realistic scenario...:cry:
Post automatically merged:

They said, repeatedly, in big big letters, subject to change.

Those were not promises, they were plans. Because you wanted it and heard it as a promise, does not make it so.
Yeah, sorry, wrong word.
Read the post again without "and promised", my opinion still stands.

It's quite illustrative why devs in general resist showing work in progress stuff. Even if it looks great, so much stuff gets scrapped in the process that it might piss off public.

Car customization or trains didn't bother me in the slightest - waste of resources. But mantis blades letting you wall climb - really cool idea gameplay-wise. Shame it didn't make that cut. It's something that made them special.

It's quite illustrative why devs in general resist showing work in progress stuff. Even if it looks great, so much stuff gets scrapped in the process that it might piss off public.

Car customization or trains didn't bother me in the slightest - waste of resources. But mantis blades letting you wall climb - really cool idea gameplay-wise. Shame it didn't make that cut. It's something that made them special.
It said no wall running, where is it confirmed no mantis blade climbing?

@KakitaTatsumaru they don't have to be, but they can. and what i mean by that is i don't understand what the origin or point of so much of this hopelessness is. like i feel like this and a few other threads are giving up without holding any of the cards. there's a million games without wall running.
and @Africa_Digi that section is at 43:15. the gang group hacking feature is there too, at which the narrator states clearly that that group hacking feature might be scrapped. which should be a reminder that the wall running feature wasn't subject to any permanence either.

work in progress means that that progress might be reversed. :shrug: soagain: why the hopelessness when we still don't actually know anything? and when what we absolutely did know is that features weren't permanent no matter how cool?
Cmon be real, you really don't understand why everyone is sad? I will just be honest and forward with you and polite. Everyone is sad because CDPR (for good reasons I am willing to trust) keep removing things. We notice a trend, and we are already sad about what has been removed, and we fear what will be removed next, if at all.

this reinforces my opinion about CDPR communication being a mess, they've shown and promised too many things that didn't make it to the game.

I don't think it's a matter of promises, since they were very cautious with warnings on official news, "everything is subject to change"... I'm trying to understand what pulled the brakes on their creativity in a technical sense... Is that because of the engine ? I wish I knew the answer. Or maybe they just lacked the time to do it, which is the simplest answer, maybe the people working on this had to work for another part of the game, they eventually couldn't get back on time doing the wallrunning stuff... (edit : third possibility --> they simply didn't think it was worth it and canceled it long time ago)

Cyberpunk 2077 will allow main character V scale to climb buildings from the outside in specific scenarios.
In a German-language interview with NightCitylife.de that has been recently translated into English by Reddit user Moraez, Senior Level Designer Miles Tost revealed that V will be able to climb buildings from the outside, but it seems like this won't be an actual mechanic as it is only going to happen within specific contexts.
WAIT, so now we CAN climb buildings from the outside!?

YES! :D

is this real?

I don't think it's a matter of promises, since they were very cautious with warnings on official news, "everything is subject to change"... I'm trying to understand what pulled the brakes on their creativity in a technical sense... Is that because of the engine ? I wish I knew the answer. Or maybe they just lacked the time to do it, which is the simplest answer, maybe the people working on this had to work for another part of the game, they eventually couldn't get back on time doing the wallrunning stuff... (edit : third possibility --> they simply didn't think it was worth it and canceled it long time ago)
I honestly think the subject to change text should be large and bright red. It would have made it hurt less. maybe. I don't know.
:giveup:

Cmon be real, you really don't understand why everyone is sad? I will just be honest and forward with you and polite. Everyone is sad because CDPR (for good reasons I am willing to trust) keep removing things. We notice a trend, and we are already sad about what has been removed, and we fear what will be removed next, if at all.

Why I should be sad if they removed something what was not working very well and probably was pointless anyway? I would prefer that CDPR implement one more side quest instead of trying to implement something in a meaningful way, which is very situational and not very useful in the first place.

We notice a trend, and we are already sad about what has been removed, and we fear what will be removed next, if at all.

works in progress are not done and subject to change. everyone got the same memo at the same time. the narrator spoke it aloud. it's at the top of all of the demo footage. i read, heard, and understood it.

you want to be sad. i will not invalidate your feelings.

I honestly think the subject to change text should be large and bright red. It would have made it hurt less. maybe. I don't know.
:giveup:

It's ok... We fans do just like football team fans do, overreacting to every bit of news and whatnot, backseat managing the company and so on.

Top Bottom