Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+
Does anyone have any new info on Jackie since NCW?

Light Spoilers

- You meet Jackie differently depending on life path you choose
- The cargo V and Jackie smuggle into Night City is a iguana (Yes you can pat the iguana :coolstory:)
- Jackie has always wanted a pet (he'd call it Mannie)
- Jackie has brothers we may or may not meet in game
- Jackie is almost always eating whenever you see him
- Jackie is a huge flirt, even though he has a girlfriend
- 99.9% sure Jackie's death is avoidable
- Jackie is a mama's boy

There's going to be a statue of Jackie after the release of Cyberpunk 2077

dfdfd.jpg

Last edited:

Madae

Forum veteran
Yeah, I don't see how anyone could hate Jackie. We don't know too much about him, but I really get that best bro vibe from him, your loyal friend, your partner in crime, the life of the party. The kind of guy you'd knock back a few beers with and just have a good time no matter what happens.

Does anyone have any new info on Jackie since NCW?

Light Spoilers

- You meet Jackie differently depending on life path you choose
- The cargo V and Jackie smuggle into Night City is a goanna (Yes you can pat the goanna :coolstory:)
- Jackie has always wanted a pet (he'd call it Mannie)
- Jackie has brothers we may or may not meet in game
- Jackie is almost always eating whenever you see him
- Jackie is a huge flirt, even though he has a girlfriend
- 99.9% sure Jackie's death is avoidable
- Jackie is a mama's boy

There's going to be a statue of Jackie after the release of Cyberpunk 2077

View attachment 11049491
What is a goanna again? Is it an Iguanna? I'm confused.

i just love his character so goddamn much..And the more i see of the game the more i realize that his death is unavoidable and i am pissed that they spoiled that in the trailer if that's the case.

Every reviewer said he’s the most likeable character
That's interesting but also scary, considering that maybe the rest of all the characters are less likable? Or am I reading too much into that statement? :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

i just love his character so goddamn much..And the more i see of the game the more i realize that his death is unavoidable and i am pissed that they spoiled that in the trailer if that's the case.
Why do you believe it is unavoidable?

That's interesting but also scary, considering that maybe the rest of all the characters are less likable? Or am I reading too much into that statement? :ROFLMAO:

Why do you believe it is unavoidable?

It's more of a guess but i find it weird that they are fine with spoiling his death but not fine with sharing information if he can survive that mission or not. That and the way story seems structured - Jackie seems to be this npc that will be with you throughout the first section. Him and V are supposed to be these beginners trying to get to the top and the Arasaka mission and most likely his death will be treated as first wake up call to the player..And after that event they open up the world and let the player do whatever they want..

Just speculation but i ll believe about the choices when i see them myself.

Jackie feels like a friend, you know. Positive, possibly low-class, flexible morals, but still loyal and knows a few things about honestly or some street form of it. He reminds me of my old friends and people I knew when I was a teenager - surely, they were not criminals, but none of us had a middle-class type of a family, we learned to have fun with little to no money and always were opportunistic and creative.

I guess that's a huge part of why I like him as a character. Other than that, he just seems packed with and ready for action, which is a fun type to hang around in a game! Really looking forward to being friends with Jackie, really.

It's more of a guess but i find it weird that they are fine with spoiling his death but not fine with sharing information if he can survive that mission or not. That and the way story seems structured - Jackie seems to be this npc that will be with you throughout the first section. Him and V are supposed to be these beginners trying to get to the top and the Arasaka mission and most likely his death will be treated as first wake up call to the player..And after that event they open up the world and let the player do whatever they want..

Just speculation but i ll believe about the choices when i see them myself.
I agree that it does appear that way, and my heart feels sore to think about how difficult it would be to do the writing for how it works out of Jackie survives. I hope he survives, but I wonder how CDProjektRed handles that? How does the game handle it? Does Jackie just sort of chill out and hang out with V every once in a while? Does the game kill him later? Is Jackie in danger of death throughout the entire game? Is every single character and NPC in danger of death throughout the entire game?

It's really tense. I don't know what to think.

He is Preston Manning level annoying to me... and as xxTotexx said, I haven't even played the game yet =P
I'm almost curious to see what a female version of Jackie would be like. No need to change name or anything since that name works pretty good both ways. I could totally see a female Jackie. Dude, wouldn't that be cool? I wonder if Jackie has a sister? Tough girl also called Jackie. Can also do missions with V.

That would be amazing. Imagine watching Jackie argue with Jackie over which food is tastier. That would be funny and cute.

He's a (former) ganger, so I'll find a way to get him killed anyway.
But what if Jackie is nice now? :shrug:
If Jackie actually stops lots of gang people, eliminating him may actually have a negative effect on the world, because all the gang people he would have stopped, instead don't be stopped since he didn't stop them.

So technically, 1 Jackie in the world in exchange for all the gangs he eats for breakfast = NET positive gain in the world because less overall gangs as a result of Jackie's success.

Jaina! We have another cyberpsycho that needs killing..Here i'll mark it on your map.

V: So what do you plan on doing about the gang violence in our community?
Jackie: I found another noodle stall ese, I'll mark it on your map!

Also, I believe his death was in the E3 trailer to show people that our choices have consequences. Otherwise they wouldn't reveal such a massive spoiler like that. That would be dumb.

He's a (former) ganger, so I'll find a way to get him killed anyway.
You can let him die during the mission to steal the Johnny chip :(

But what if Jackie is nice now? :shrug:

Jackie is 100% a sweetheart

As a teenager Jackie joined Valentinos gang, but ditched it after a few years when his mother found out (that is SO adorable, c'mon lol). He always wanted to be his own master so eventually settled on a career as mercenary. Friendship, loyalty and family ties are what drives him. To Jackie, blood is always thicker than water. He’s a rock-solid, composed professional who respects other mercs. Eventually he wants to provide for his own family and live in luxury, but he’s getting impatient because this is still just an elusive dream.

Top Bottom