Jackie Welles - Night City's Golden Boy ❤

+

V: So what do you plan on doing about the gang violence in our community?
Jackie: I found another noodle stall ese, I'll mark it on your map!

Also, I believe his death was in the E3 trailer to show people that our choices have consequences. Otherwise they wouldn't reveal such a massive spoiler like that. That would be dumb.

You can let him die during the mission to steal the Johnny chip :(
Post automatically merged:

Jackie is 100% a sweetheart

As a teenager Jackie joined Valentinos gang, but ditched it after a few years when his mother found out (that is SO adorable, c'mon lol). He always wanted to be his own master so eventually settled on a career as mercenary. Friendship, loyalty and family ties are what drives him. To Jackie, blood is always thicker than water. He’s a rock-solid, composed professional who respects other mercs. Eventually he wants to provide for his own family and live in luxury, but he’s getting impatient because this is still just an elusive dream.

who needs a waifu

when you have a brofu

?

and together v and jackie

we will eat the tofu

That's interesting but also scary, considering that maybe the rest of all the characters are less likable? Or am I reading too much into that statement? :ROFLMAO:

well weve only met a small number of characters considering all gameplay weve ever been shown has been in the prologue so im confident there will be other characters we may well find more interesting and likeable than Jackie

well weve only met a small number of characters considering all gameplay weve ever been shown has been in the prologue so im confident there will be other characters we may well find more interesting and likeable than Jackie
Even more so? How are they going to top Jackie? Haha I'm kidding. I really love Jackie, such a bro. But yes, I do hope to meet many other NPC's that I can really be great friends with, or more.

Only the good quality I can come with him is he is the type of guy you want to hang out in a party and be friends with. But being a mercenary partner? Nah. Too reckless.

Guest 4406876

Jackie feels like the big furry old bear that's grumpy but good inside and acts as a big uncle for Vs or at least tries to back him up being loyal to the death and so on, typical of veteranos with their homies and putting his arse on the line for her (sorry but i can't think of V as a guy, I'll play the female) when necessary. Nice character that if played well by CDPR can be very helpful for storytelling and player engagement.

Only the good quality I can come with him is he is the type of guy you want to hang out in a party and be friends with. But being a mercenary partner? Nah. Too reckless.
You gotta admit though, Jackie is gonna be the fun type of reckless :ROFLMAO:

I like Jackie. He's a pure bro. It's gonna be sad when he dies.
*Jackie about to get shot or something*
ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARUDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*BJJJJJJJJRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBVVVVVVVVV*
I move all the bullets out of the way and throw them back at bad guys
I save Jackie
*time resumes*
*all the bad guys fall down*
*Jackie alive and okay*
yay :)

Guest 3573786

It's more of a guess but i find it weird that they are fine with spoiling his death but not fine with sharing information if he can survive that mission or not. That and the way story seems structured - Jackie seems to be this npc that will be with you throughout the first section. Him and V are supposed to be these beginners trying to get to the top and the Arasaka mission and most likely his death will be treated as first wake up call to the player..And after that event they open up the world and let the player do whatever they want..

Just speculation but i ll believe about the choices when i see them myself.

It's because they put his death in the trailer that I think it will be avoidable.
----

Anyone know if there's been word of other companions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackie will always have a special place in my heart <3

WOW that looks like a komodo dragon, but smaller, and in a tree, like a kamodo iguana dragon.

Actually I think it is a iguana lol

It's because they put his death in the trailer that I think it will be avoidable.
----

Anyone know if there's been word of other companions?

Does Johnny Silverhand count? hehe
I hope there are more friends you can hang out with, to call for missions once in a while, I'm not a fan of loner protagonists (even though you already have Johnny so that's one I guess, except only you can see him lol kinda of sad)

He has to be! Lol :p
Not in my game, if I have anything to say about it...not only do I hope he dies, I rather hope I can actively have a hand in it on an evil Corporate run. Honestly, I dislike him so much, I'd probably try to off him on a good run as well. #DieJackieDIE :whistle:
I'm going to be honest; I have zero interest in this character. I get a whole of Mice and Men vibe from him. If there is a way to play the game without him, I will try and find it <3
Ah, someone else who is an excellent judge of character, I see. :cool:

Jackie's laugh in The Gig trailer brings me so much joy.
(also, Jason Hightower, his voice actor, did an amazing job. it's campy, cheesy, over the top 80s cyberpunk and i love every second of it) and i will protect Jackie with every ounce of the savescummer in me :]

Top Bottom