Developer Answers to your CP 2077 Questions

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of problem? The first playtest review like, 2 years ago almost, said that the crowds felt impressive? The videos don't look like its a problem. The only thing is that they only have one quippy voiceline, but come on, you can't expect more...

A review also mentioned how the NPCs start freaking out if you stay near them too long. Like, get afraid of you or start picking a fight? Seems fine to me.

Yep if you stare at an NPC too long they will start giving you weird looks in return like. ' wtf are you staring at? ' I'd also imagine some even pulling a gun on you but that's not confirmed

Also the NPCs that might 'look' similar can be different with the randomized cyberware they have so you rarely see two identical NPCs and honestly it's not a big issue as GTA had that shit for the longest of time and I barely pay attention to that.

I only heard that some of the crowd density was " neerfed " but it was still by some accounts the most detailed and ' lived in ' world with many buildings with unique interiors and textures so you wont be seeing the same wallpaper or prick ground that you already saw a few blocks onwards.

Let's not even mention that there is the upper and below section of the city which we haven't even seen much yet.

I personally think that they "erred on the side of caution" by downgrading the settings, crowd density and disabling ray-tracing so that demo would go along smoothly. After all, they let journalists free reign in the game and couldn't know where they ended up. Optimization is still on-going.

I got a decent rig with RTX support so am not too fussed going to opt for PC rather than my ps4 pro for potentially better visuals.

In terms of ray tracking there was an early screenshot that showed the cars lights dynamically reflected off of the ground so ray tracking is definitely present

Edit: Who ever said they couldn't spot raytracking then just look at the wire gameplay again. When the AV arrives at the basket ball stadium and the two guys get punched then V walks towards the club. Look at the ground and notice how the lights reflect off of the ground. That's raytracking

Last edited:
Which stat is checked during dialogues to be intimidating? Body or Cool?

I believe body. Something this last round of reviews taught us is that Cool will be the governing stat for all things stealth and critical hit.

In terms of ray tracking there was an early screenshot that showed the cars lights dynamically reflected off of the ground so ray tracking is definitely present

There were reviews which said ray tracing had been disabled.

I believe body. Something this last round of reviews taught us is that Cool will be the governing stat for all things stealth and critical hit.

And Body will be for health.
We mostly know what stats do during combats, we don't know what they do in dialogues while that may be the main incentive to take them for some of us.

There were reviews which said ray tracing had been disabled.

This was posted yesterday since I am on PC raytracking is very much present

So I heard that Meredith was confirmed as a romance option. The question for me, now, is whether she is straight or gay, as I would rather work for the Corps in my first play through, mostly for her, but I find that not knowing what gender preferences each particular character desires a little frustrating really, especially for someone who might have a completionist attitude and wants their first game to really count with the choices they already know they want, rather than having to play the game all over again because they made one wrong choice way back at the beginning (of gender).
Will there eventually be a list of the major romanceable characters and what their preferences are? It would really help players plan out their future. And as much as Cyberpunk is looking to be a great game, it just won't be the same experience after that first time.

This was posted yesterday since I am on PC raytracking is very much present

I wasn't saying the game wont have ray-tracing. I said the hands-on play session in question didn't have. Nvidia released the Gig trailer with ray-tracing specifically included. The various review videos also mix video material quite liberally.

What I am saying is that not all reviews did their playthrough under same circumstances seems like.. At any rate I won't be arguing the point further, since I am only repeating what is already in the net.

There’s the animations. Cyberpunk 2077 doesn’t have Last of Us 2 quality motion-capture, but CD Projekt Red’s lip-syncing technology is pretty damn decent at least, and the detail and texturing on the models is real high. My preview of the game wasn’t in 4K, only at 1080p, and that really doesn’t do the game complete justice. Every moment of Night City is constantly full of detail: reflections of the concrete on the ground, the details of magazines in the shop window, the diffuse lighting from the neon LEDs and strips around your room.

It’s a game that will undoubtedly be best played on the next-generation consoles and the next-generation of Nvidia and AMD GPUs. No PC today would comfortably run this at 4K/60 frames per second — and the preview build didn’t even have the full suite of ray-tracing tech.

So I heard that Meredith was confirmed as a romance option. The question for me, now, is whether she is straight or gay, as I would rather work for the Corps in my first play through, mostly for her, but I find that not knowing what gender preferences each particular character desires a little frustrating really, especially for someone who might have a completionist attitude and wants their first game to really count with the choices they already know they want, rather than having to play the game all over again because they made one wrong choice way back at the beginning (of gender).
Will there eventually be a list of the major romanceable characters and what their preferences are? It would really help players plan out their future. And as much as Cyberpunk is looking to be a great game, it just won't be the same experience after that first time.

I am sure this will come out somewhere before the game does , don`t forget LP as well as V`s sex might count as possible gateing . I know it was a long time ago but Meredith and Female V had a vibe ;)

What kind of problem? The first playtest review like, 2 years ago almost, said that the crowds felt impressive? The videos don't look like its a problem. The only thing is that they only have one quippy voiceline, but come on, you can't expect more...

A review also mentioned how the NPCs start freaking out if you stay near them too long. Like, get afraid of you or start picking a fight? Seems fine to me.
The crowd size and their responses to your actions are immersive but I'm talking about another problem - the same NPC models repeating frequently in crowded areas. If you're fine with that, sure, but I'm not the only person who has pointed this out and it certainly is strange seeing an identical person you just saw appearing again one block away or as seen in some instances, in the same area.
Post automatically merged:

Let's not even mention that there is the upper and below section of the city which we haven't even seen much yet.

Oh man I'm excited to see the underground communities, maybe it's going to be similar to the Subway Town from Rage. That would be sick.
Post automatically merged:

I know I'm nitpicking here but will there be options to increase the range of which objects are rendered at? From the gameplay I noticed big objects appearing out of nowhere at the last moment. It would be nicer to just have a low poly low res object visible from afar and it gets more detailed as you get closer to it rather than have it not exist and appear out of nowhere when you get near it. Obviously it's whatever for small objects but I noticed this happening to a huge billboard during the gameplay.

Last edited:
Good day my favorite developers. I am writing to you for what reason. Recently, a contest dedicated to your new project, Cyberpunk 2077, was held on the GOG.COM resource, you certainly know about it. The essence of the assignment was to describe your new game in eight words without using its name. I, along with many, sent my own version of the description, but unfortunately did not receive a prize. I was not very upset, but I really liked the description that I came up with, it sounds like "Dancing with the devil, watch his cyber blades" :) If someone from your team has a minute to answer me the question, does this The phrase spirit and the idea of your project, I would be very grateful to you.

I recently saw that V's pronouns are tied to their voice and appears to be binary. Is there any chance gender could be its own choice, independent of voice and appearance? As a nonbinary person, this could really enhance my ability to enjoy a game I am already extremely looking forward to. I look forward to hearing more.

Hello everyone,

I have a question about timed dialogue options in Cyberpunk 2077.
In the gameplay it seems that they happen quite frequently during the game. Does anyone know if you're able to turn off or slow down the timers on these? I'm dyslexic so I have trouble reading quickly, so it would be very challenging for me to have timed choices.
Thanks!

Hi

I wish you put an option in the settings to choose between Xbox or ps4 controllers buttons prompts/UI.
sometimes I play using an Xbox controller but I am more comfortable with seeing ps4 buttons. And I get less immersed when I need to check where are the ABXY buttons (especially after playing with my Nintendo Switch).
I know it is not that big of a problem, but I wish I have that option.

I heard from a journalist who got to play the game that frequently repeating NPCs on streets is still a problem. Is this issue still being addressed? We saw it during the first gameplay reveal and it's definitely an immersion breaker in my opinion.
Everything else is amazing though.

That happens in every game. The NPC dialouge sounds unique since the jounrlists got to play for 4 hours. But if they played the game over 50 hours it sounds like background noises. I've been playing RDR 2 online for over 50 hours and I heard the same dialogue for over 100 times already. That game alone was touted out of having over 100,000 or more NPC dialogue voice lines. But the devs can add more dialouge through patches but I don't think most games take adding more dialogue as priority.

are there differences between skill perks and cyberware effects (including weapon mods, as i consider them cyberware as well)?
for example, a shotgun perk and a shotgun mod, how do they differ?
or...an athletic perk and cybernetic legs?

thank you

When will the developers release the system requirements for the game that is already complete, and just needs polishing and a little debugging.
I mean for Christ sakes, your already selling a game and you still have not OFFICIALLY told us what it will take to run it (PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom