Nobody Seems To Be Raving About FPP

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have removed all TTP aspects from the game with the justification for a better gaming experience, but leave the TPP for driving vehicles in the game.
Isn't that inconsistent
Either all or nothing.

It's only inconsistent if you get caught up on the immersion buzzword. It can be stated FPP is more immersive all day. I don't think it's true. As with most things it depends. Any perspective can be immersive. They may not be immersive in the same way but this is a very different thing.

The more relevant point is it's a safe bet the perspective available in the game is here to stay. I find it extremely unlikely a design choice for perspective is something you change on a dime. Too many areas interact with it. This is probably why reviewers/journalists stopped talking about it. They recognize it's water under the bridge.

Now, if a game journalist or reviewer mentioned it to discuss it's merits the conversation would have value. This is less a conversation about something actionable and more a different angle to review the game from though. In other words, a review or commentary speaking about how the game perspective handles and feels.

If I were to guess this last part is what the OP was asking about. It would appear reviewers and game journalists are not speaking about the perceived pros and cons from the game as a result of the perspective design decisions. CDPR said it was to create a more immersive experience. Does it feel this way after experiencing the recent game build? This sort of thing.

Nefla

Forum regular
I understand that TPP wouldn't have worked as well in some of the tighter spaces but I wish they had let us switch between FPP and TPP at will and have conversations and cutscenes in TPP. Those bothered by the TPP camera could switch to FPP for tighter spaces or just use FPP all the time. I will freely admit that I care more about the story and characters than I do the gameplay and a story where I never see the protagonist, never see them interact with the world around them and other characters, never see the emotion on their face or them struggling along after an injury etc...is a story I can never be fully engaged or "immersed" in. Those floating hands of FPP are a barrier between me and the full extent of the story. I'm not someone who can go "I don't need to see the character because they're me and these are my hands." I never think of videogame or book or movie or tv show characters as "me" I think of them as a character. A story that I can affect through choices and roleplaying is me guiding the outcome to see different stories and character types, not me being me and doing things I would do in real life.

It can't and wont be changed, I know that but I still can't shake off the disappointment. I hope the other aspects of the game end up being so fantastic that it balances out my emotional disconnect from the protagonist (and my nausea caused by FPP).

As a "forum vet", if I might call myself that, this really is a non-issue to me. Of course initially it was a bummer because in such games I tend to often occasionaly look at my character with third person, but I don't mind an immersive approach.

Check out his shadow and when it's projected in the room, don't look at the gun or the enemies, just focus on the shadow. That's where the problem lies. (if the bookmarked minute doesn't work for you jump to 17:55 and go from there)

Cannot
unsee
it.
:giveup:

Seems like my old "will use FPP to save animation time on V" may be true.

At first I was surprised and a bit saddened that is was only FPP but I got over it with time, I’ve played tons of FPP games before so I imagine those who are not used to it might have been more upset.

I like FPP games too, it was just unexpected. They really convinced me with the first gameplay back in 2018, however, knowing now that those brief cutscenes are not going to be in the game anymore I do feel a bit disappointed. The scene of V and Jackie in the elevator for example, having stuff like that throughout the game was looking great. Just very short third person cutscenes seemed like a pretty good idea.

I wonder if they will do it again for romances? I really can’t imagine a first person “kiss” scene... among other things lol

Anyways, I’m still excited for the game, the only way to know if it’s gonna work out for me is playing it.

> Game is in Fpp
> One don't want to play in Fpp
> Vehicules are in Tpp
> Play the whole game in a vehicule, drive in style
> Problem solved
If you want to play the game in TP then just drive around everywhere on the motorbike, talk to NPC's while on the motorbike, shower on the motorbike, sleep on the motorbike, enter buildings on the motorbike

dfgdf.jpg

Nefla

Forum regular
At first I was surprised and a bit saddened that is was only FPP but I got over it with time, I’ve played tons of FPP games before so I imagine those who are not used to it might have been more upset.

I like FPP games too, it was just unexpected. They really convinced me with the first gameplay back in 2018, however, knowing now that those brief cutscenes are not going to be in the game anymore I do feel a bit disappointed. The scene of V and Jackie in the elevator for example, having stuff like that throughout the game was looking great. Just very short third person cutscenes seemed like a pretty good idea.

I wonder if they will do it again for romances? I really can’t imagine a first person “kiss” scene... among other things lol

Anyways, I’m still excited for the game, the only way to know if it’s gonna work out for me is playing it.
I'm pretty sure they confirmed that even romance scenes are in FPP so get ready for the ultra creepy awkwardness of kissy lips zooming in super close on your screen and worse!

If you want to play the game in TP then just drive around everywhere on the motorbike, talk to NPC's while on the motorbike, shower on the motorbike, sleep on the motorbike, enter buildings on the motorbike
:censored:
If I could I would! :ROFLMAO:

Well, it would appear they wanted to go with their... interactive cutscene concept. Instead of cutting to a scene and taking the player out of the moment. Presumably the idea is the player remains in the moment. I guess the ability to influence things depending on where you look, whether your weapon is out, etc. is a selling point there. I'd say I'm not a fan and would prefer cutscenes thrown in here or there. On the other hand, I can't recall a game I've played where it used the concept they're using. So perhaps it will surprise me.

Anyway, my guess is they decided to stick with this concept throughout the game to keep things consistent. Again, this doesn't seem like a requirement. It's understandable why they would go that route though.

Oh my god now I can’t unsee that. Genuinely the first thing I’ve seen from this game that bothers me a little. Man that shadow is atrocious.

I have seen that shadow before. It didnt bother me then. I could swear the legs are moving, its only the upper torso thats unmoving, which is in line with the FPP aiming pose. I mean the hands arent moving in the FPP view. *shrug* I dont think it looks neither "bad" nor inconsistent.

As to the TPP and driving, Ive yet to play a car game on PC (keyboard and mouse) that was enjoyable or even PLAYABLE in FPP. Not Need for speed, not GTA, not anything. FPP driving is simply atrocious on keyboard and mouse.

I'm pretty sure they confirmed that even romance scenes are in FPP so get ready for the ultra creepy awkwardness of kissy lips zooming in super close on your screen and worse!

I am VErY interested to see how romances play out and the kissing lol. I think you see (let's say Jackie) giving V head from FP and I'm curious how the gay sex scene will look lool. They did mocap for the sex scenes so I'm sure it'll look good :ROFLMAO: . I'm not worried at all.

proxy-image.jpg

It was hinted that the Sherrif from the badlands is romanceable. He was kinda flirting with male V in the footage so I just wanted to throw that out there lol

I am VErY interested to see how romances play out and the kissing lol. I think you see (let's say Jackie) giving V head from FP and I'm curious how the gay sex scene will look lool. They did mocap for the sex scenes so I'm sure it'll look good :ROFLMAO: . I'm not worried at all.

As far as I know the sex scenes are cutscenes, so no freedom of movement. That should keep things in check.

As far as I know the sex scenes are cutscenes, so no freedom of movement. That should keep things in check.
I think you have the freedom to look around to some degree? Lol I'm not sure tho. All I know is it's in FP and mocapped

As a "forum vet", if I might call myself that, this really is a non-issue to me. Of course initially it was a bummer because in such games I tend to often occasionaly look at my character with third person, but I don't mind an immersive approach.

And there it is again "immersive" approach. So I assume you wont be driving in TPP would you?

Did they?? LOL the awkwardness though? I honestly cannot imagine it, is it gonna be like the image Totex posted?

Well, it would appear they wanted to go with their... interactive cutscene concept. Instead of cutting to a scene and taking the player out of the moment. Presumably the idea is the player remains in the moment. I guess the ability to influence things depending on where you look, whether your weapon is out, etc. is a selling point there. I'd say I'm not a fan and would prefer cutscenes thrown in here or there. On the other hand, I can't recall a game I've played where it used the concept they're using. So perhaps it will surprise me.

Anyway, my guess is they decided to stick with this concept throughout the game to keep things consistent. Again, this doesn't seem like a requirement. It's understandable why they would go that route though.

Same, I think they are trying something new here, so I'm trying to keep an open mind. I think it might work for most interactions. Alanah Pearce described it in a way that got me pretty hyped cause I'm all for more agency in games. However, I still think mini cuts like the elevator scene one, without choices, would be nice. They don't even need to say anything, just look cool in front of the camera for 3 seconds, and I would appreciate it hehe.

The only thing that I think has cringe potential are the romance scenes lol, I really want to see how they will manage to make those look nice. And of course, I also wanted to see my character more, but I can survive without that if the motive makes up for it.

[IMAGE CENSORED CAUSE I CANT STOP LAUGHING]

It was hinted that the Sherrif from the badlands is romanceable. He was kinda flirting with male V in the footage so I just wanted to throw that out there lol

LMAOOOOO I'm dead with that image hahahahaahahahaahahah

I hope V still get choices during those cutscenes. I don't want the other characters or CD to have 100% control of the situation. They might pull something in the middle of scene which the player might not like. You never know.

I hope V still get choices during those cutscenes. I don't want the other characters or CD to have 100% control of the situation. They might pull something in the middle of scene which the player might not like. You never know.

During the sex scenes? I mean, during the romance dialogue or something I think it's okay, something like Mass Effect or improved upon that. But I'm not sure they're allowed to do that during the sex scenes, the game rating will need to go up lol.

And there it is again "immersive" approach. So I assume you wont be driving in TPP would you?

The point is, some games naturally force you into first person - they simply won't offer third person or even a look at your character at all. And then there might be games that primarily have first person but allow perhaps third person in some situations, when operating a camera (CoD MW has a portion of this) or for vehicles.

Nobody seemingly complains there, but here, exaggeration incoming, 'everyone' is going nuts. I mean sure, if it was possible I'd rather have and use third person on occasion too. It's + convenience - but not the end of the world without it.

As for cars, I dunno. We'll see.

------------

To reiterate or recap, all I am saying is: I do not mind this approach even if I might favor additional third person for your character. "Immersive approach" is their reasoning. In addition the city design begs the question if a third person experience would always be good or not if you face certain cramped corridors. Just an additional mild argument someone brought up.

The point is, some games naturally force you into first person - they simply won't offer third person or even a look at your character at all. And then there might be games that primarily have first person but allow perhaps third person in some situations, when operating a camera (CoD MW has a portion of this) or for vehicles.

Nobody seemingly complains there, but here, exaggeration incoming, 'everyone' is going nuts. I mean sure, if it was possible I'd rather have and use third person on occasion too. It's + convenience - but not the end of the world without it.

As for cars, I dunno. We'll see.

------------

To reiterate or recap, all I am saying is: I do not mind this approach even if I might favor additional third person for your character. "Immersive approach" is their reasoning. In addition the city design begs the question if a third person experience would always be good or not if you face certain cramped corridors. Just an additional mild argument someone brought up.

Well, to be fair, with a Cyberpunk game of this scale it's understandable people want to see their hardcore customized characters. COD's usually gonna be boring army dude. And I play COD too, since the origins (the best one is COD 2: Big Red One, played it like 10 times). But here I want to see my beautiful blue hair moving with the wind ~~

I'm really glad they put third person for cars, I absolutely cannot drive cars in first person in games, it's asking for disaster lol.

Even though I wanted to see the character a bit more, I am curious to see how their "always interactive" approach it going to work out too.

>Game is in Fpp
>One don't want to play in Fpp
>Vehicules are in Tpp
>Play the whole game in a vehicule, drive in style
>Problem solved
Genuinely, this made me laugh really hard. Excellent meme energy, :)(y)
>Jackie tells me to get over to his apartment
>Jackie still eating breakfast, like on the 100th floor of the building
>*vrroooooo..... Vrroooooo SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE VRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM *CRASH*
>Park my car in his kitchen
>V WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Post automatically merged:

It's only inconsistent if you get caught up on the immersion buzzword.
I'm just saying, but there is a total solid 100% difference between when CDPR says the word "immersion" VS when another AAA game developer/publisher says "immersion" like as a marketing buzzword. Usually this amounts to not much at all, but when it comes to CDPR, it really means something really good. Immersion as a concept is a real thing, but it's not easy to find the true good immersion out there. I just feel sad when words and other things lose their meaning because of when they are misused when big AAA corporations just want money.

CDPR = good guys though. :giggle:

View attachment 11050091
>Inb4 every single player goes to a ripperdoc and askes them to make a cybermodification that turns their lower half into a motorbike

View attachment 11050187

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom