Car customization has been dropped

+
Weapons are considered expensive, so a Solo V killing and looting everyone should normally be able to get rich fast.
If that was the case then Jackie and V wouldn't be risking their lives to make it into the major leagues

Bit of an exaggeration don't you think?
Yes lol. I think there are a mix of people on the forum now. Oldies who've been here since the teaser trailer and newer people who've jumped on the hype train and don't fully understand what this game is.

This game is about the writing, characters and story choices. Everything else is added bonuses. If people really care about car customization so much then maybe this isn't the game they're looking for? People are expecting too much from CDPR. This isn't GTA. Let's appreciate Cyberpunk 2077 for what it is (there will be DLC and expansions in the future too). Another company would've split this game into two and packed it full of microtransactions.

I feel bad for the devs because some people are acting like they've wronged them.
Well, it took five pages but the inevitable "unsure Jedi mind trick" technique that people looking to defend a game/developer use popped up; "maybe this isn't the game they're looking for?". :facepalm:

And on a side note, it's really interesting that according to some, CDPR is this amazing team of developers that are known for incredible feats the likes few others are capable of until something comes up that CDPR doesn't do for whatever reason. Then, it's "People are expecting too much from CDPR"...neat trick, that. I'm gonna see if I can pull this off at my job...

"I'm the best person on the job here, nobody can do a better job than me!"
"That's great, I'm so glad to hear that! So if I can get you to switch shifts with Linda since she wants the night off to celebrate her wedding anniversary..."
"Omigod, what is wrong with you? You're expecting way too much out of me!" :whistle:

You can find customized cars in the game. I think it was a misunderstanding :p
Post automatically merged:

Well, it took five pages but the inevitable "unsure Jedi mind trick" technique that people looking to defend a game/developer use popped up; "maybe this isn't the game they're looking for?". :facepalm:

And on a side note, it's really interesting that according to some, CDPR is this amazing team of developers that are known for incredible feats the likes few others are capable of until something comes up that CDPR doesn't do for whatever reason. Then, it's "People are expecting too much from CDPR"...neat trick, that. I'm gonna see if I can pull this off at my job...

"That's great, I'm so glad to hear that! So if I can get you to switch shifts with Linda since she wants the night off to celebrate her wedding anniversary..."
"Omigod, what is wrong with you? You're expecting way too much out of me!" :whistle:
People are blowing this whole car customization thing out of proportion. It's so much more than most games (with the branching storyline, dialogue choices and different ways to approach a mission). It's not Need for Speed or GTA. The devs are so passionate about this game and the company is so pro consumer. Cut them some slack lol. It's not game breaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
And on a side note, it's really interesting that according to some, CDPR is this amazing team of developers that are known for incredible feats the likes few others are capable of until something comes up that CDPR doesn't do for whatever reason.

Being best in the industry and being able to compress infinite amount of work into a finite amount of time are two completely different claims.

Being the best at a workplace and having your schedule entirely open are also two completely different things.

You can find customized cars in the game. I think it was a misunderstanding :p

People are blowing this whole car customization thing out of proportion. It's so much more than most games (with the branching storyline, dialogue choices and different ways to approach a mission). It's not Need for Speed or GTA. The devs are so passionate about this game and the company is so pro consumer. Cut them some slack lol. It's not game breaking.
Don't worry, I agree it's not game-breaking. I can just see why some are disappointed in this, just as I could see why others were disappointed in other decisions and omissions in the game. Even though I personally gave up long ago expecting this game to be much more than OK, I can still have empathy for people who are just now realizing that this game won't be the incredible masterpiece with everything they wanted that they hoped it would be.

Don't worry, I agree it's not game-breaking. I can just see why some are disappointed in this, just as I could see why others were disappointed in other decisions and omissions in the game. Even though I personally gave up long ago expecting this game to be much more than OK, I can still have empathy for people who are just now realizing that this game won't be the incredible masterpiece with everything they wanted that they hoped it would be.

I think this game will be a masterpiece/goty lol. I have a lot of faith in CDPR after playing TW3 and everything they've shown. This game sounds like it has more content than most AAA games. It's still $60 and the standard edition would be something another company would probably sell as a deluxe edition. Who's to say they won't add it into MP or something?

OK, so I went through the material there and what Pawel says is not really clearcut. He says there are two layers to customization in the game, visual and functional. Then he says;

You do not really customize them, what you do. You actually own different vehicles that have been already customized. You can find different vehicles that have already tuned up, but you do not do it yourself.

But he says that after talking about the reaver. Which could indicate that he is thinking of customization on that level, instead of just a paintjob.

OK, so I went through the material there and what Pawel says is not really clearcut. He says there are two layers to customization in the game, visual and functional. Then he says;

But he says that after talking about the reaver. Which could indicate that he is thinking of customization on that level, instead of just a paintjob.
Someone could just @Pawel on Twitter to clarify everything... I don't have twitter lol

I'm disappointed but if people really think this game will be goty then certain stuff like this being gone actually isn't too bad.

I'm really curious on the whole finding customized cars though, that would be fun. Wonder if they mean more through stealing or purchasing? Both?

So, a open world RPG should have car customization above and beyond that of a car simulator, for that to be called car customization and anything short of that, isn't and won't?
CDPR is better, they are the best in video games in the world. I do not simply hold them to a high standard and demand more. That's not what I imply at all. What I truly mean... What I truly mean is-.... CDPR DESERVES TO SUCCEED BEYOND THE LEVELS OF WHAT WE ACCEPT AS NORMAL:D!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think they should make car customization because "they have to" I just feel it in me that they're gonna go like
and it's going to just come out of them, because they're THAT GOOD.

I'm just waiting for the goose to lay another golden egg, and offering my support and encouragement.

Highly customizable characters and more missions OR highly customizable cars and killing tools?
YES

I choose the character customization. I would rather all other skins can be added with an update or dlc. Especially since I would rather not have any more delays with a claim like the game is finished and just needs polish.
I would love if CDPR would let us know if they would do DLC later

I'm disappointed but if people really think this game will be goty then certain stuff like this being gone actually isn't too bad.

I'm really curious on the whole finding customized cars though, that would be fun. Wonder if they mean more through stealing or purchasing? Both?
Finding a car that's already customized is like finding a slice of pizza on the side walk that someone already took a bite out of

If that was the case then Jackie and V wouldn't be risking their lives to make it into the major leagues
They need to improve their street cred first or they can't get the good guns to sell them to make the money, but they need the street cred to get the good guns first so they can get more good guns. You forget the rules :smart:

Last edited:
Cyberpunk 2077 needs car costumization the game its about costumize almost everything.
Its very disappointing that I can't put my fantasy designing my own car. I hope it will come in some dlc or maybe before releasing the game

Last edited:
Right but because this a cypberpunk RPG and not a burnout game the body and implant mods are core and the cars are not.
as far as i'm able to understand the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook in front of me, there's no car customisation gameplay mechanic present. so for all i'm aware, CDPR isn't investing in vehicle customisation for CP2077 in order to adhere to the tabletop source material. to reiterate, 'the body and implant mods are core and the cars are not.'
the devs haven't promised anything, except to design a game that works and build a world that is consistent with the source material

Right but because this a cypberpunk RPG and not a burnout game the body and implant mods are core and the cars are not.
as far as i'm able to understand the Cyberpunk 2020 rulebook in front of me, there's no car customisation gameplay mechanic present. so for all i'm aware, CDPR isn't investing in vehicle customisation for CP2077 in order to adhere to the tabletop source material. to reiterate, 'the body and implant mods are core and the cars are not.'
the devs haven't promised anything, except to design a game that works and build a world that is consistent with the source material
I'm pretty sure that in a world where people modify themselves to have three mouths, they also modify their cars.

They also go to the bathroom but I don't see anybody complain about the lack of that mechanic.
Okay so by a similar logic, what if cdpr removes everything else from the game that isn't directly related to the story just because? But then the world becomes hollow and meaningless, which isn't good for the whole experience. :shrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom