Gaunter's Ultimate Challenge explained!

+
Same here, i'm just a few steps away from uninstalling the game. Contracts are bugged as f**k, the new cards aren't really balanced and the worst thing is that we have to play a lot more games to get a lot less reward points (wtf!?). What's wrong CDPR? I really enjoyed Gwent, but for now it's getting annoying.
But at least it seams that they are aware of our complaints, but stil i wonder how long it will take until they fix the contracts and the amount of RP's...
Till everything is fixed, I won't invest a penny (I used to, to support the developers), NO ONE should!

For me, the biggest problem is that with this new system I don't have a "feeling of progress".

Before, getting 2RP by winning 6 rounds, and another 2RP for the next 12 rounds, you got some incentive to keep playing. Now it is simply monotonous.

I hope CDPR listens to all the complaints ... if the vast majority are complaining, there will be a reason.

PD.- I think I can't open new topics, so I take the opportunity to say it here. I was 22/24 in the daily crowns. I won a game (2: 1), and suddenly it was 16/24. Of course, I didn't get the 2RP's that I should have. There was no quest to win crowns, so I'm assuming it's a bug. Has anyone else had this issue?

PS.- My English is quite poor, so I used google translate to complete this message. If I write like a monkey, blame google! :confused:

All I want to say to CDPR is "Bad Move". I spent real money to buy pack and I don't like the change on reward system. I play 1 or 2 games per day but I still buy the pack. Now the rp is harder to get. Maybe I will quit if it get even worse.

So it looks like CDPR just committed to adding 1 RP per day to the sign in bonus. That is 30 points overall and raises the daily rewards beyond what they were after journey. I approve of CDPR listening to the base and undoing the disaster that was the daily nerf.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Adding 1RP in Daily reward is not good enough.We need the old system.Maybe be everyone know that the New system is preparing for NEW JOURNEY. But please not do this.Please not do everything for money.

Adding 1RP in Daily reward is not good enough.We need the old system.Maybe be everyone know that the New system is preparing for NEW JOURNEY. But please not do this.Please not do everything for money.

The math is good for everyone assuming they can do the quest. If you cannot do the faction quests than you cannot get to the final benefit. Essentially with the new +1 12 wins equals 5 per day (assuming you do the daily quest in conjunction with GUC quest 5 for the extra reward point. Without 12 wins you still get 1 for sign in, 1 for daily quest and if you divide the 90 daily crowns against the 6 days before they refresh you essentially get 1 RP per day. Thus you get 3 RP per day without 24 crowns or you get 5 RP per day with 25 crowns. You come out about 18 ahead of the old system. If however you cannot do the quests then you are stuck at only the daily freebie.

The math is good for everyone assuming they can do the quest. If you cannot do the faction quests than you cannot get to the final benefit. Essentially with the new +1 12 wins equals 5 per day (assuming you do the daily quest in conjunction with GUC quest 5 for the extra reward point. Without 12 wins you still get 1 for sign in, 1 for daily quest and if you divide the 90 daily crowns against the 6 days before they refresh you essentially get 1 RP per day. Thus you get 3 RP per day without 24 crowns or you get 5 RP per day with 25 crowns. You come out about 18 ahead of the old system. If however you cannot do the quests then you are stuck at only the daily freebie.
In the past, the faction quests is using for help players get more RP. It excluded from daily crown system.It was bonus.But in new system,you have to own the new transform card to get the bonus.It not fair for the new player in this game.They only get little RP even hard trying.And They can never ever complete the season trees.

In the past, the faction quests is using for help players get more RP. It excluded from daily crown system.It was bonus.But in new system,you have to own the new transform card to get the bonus.It not fair for the new player in this game.They only get little RP even hard trying.And They can never ever complete the season trees.

I agree this is a flaw. But I suspect the new GUC will be bronze only (play MM cards or something like that.) in the meantime, devs should give 2400 scrap to everyone under prestige 2 as an apology and as an invitation to forge3 evo cards. For everyone over prestige 3 the problem is solved.

I've all the evolving cards but how to use the GOD challenge for maximum benefits. I'm supporting Eithne for Stage 1.
Auberon for Stage 2 or still Eithne?

Edit: Ok got it, either title or borders

Last edited:
PD.- I think I can't open new topics, so I take the opportunity to say it here. I was 22/24 in the daily crowns. I won a game (2: 1), and suddenly it was 16/24. Of course, I didn't get the 2RP's that I should have. There was no quest to win crowns, so I'm assuming it's a bug. Has anyone else had this issue?

PS.- My English is quite poor, so I used google translate to complete this message. If I write like a monkey, blame google! :confused:

I just found the same issue a few minute ago. I try my best to play and earn 2 RP for many hours and at 21/24 (or maybe 23/24) and another game win , then I was moved back to 16/24. There is no additional RP added which I do not know why. There is no extra win crowns too because it's about 7 min until the event reset. I afraid that this is a bug.

The part that hurt me is, 1 game win (best 2 of 3) normally took 15 minutes (if I win but by average, win and lose likely take more time maybe 1 hour for 3 win of 4-5 games). So, I lose 5-7 win which feel like the last 1.5 - 2.5 hour I've played just a waste.

Anyone know where I can submit a request for this issue?

Last edited:
I just experienced a similar glitch at 22/24 crowns. I lost a game in the third round but finished up a Gaunter's challenge quest in the progress. I got 1 crown for the loss taking me to 23/24. Then the 30 crowns for the challenge took me to 24/24, awarded 2 keys, and that was it.

The surplus 29 crowns weren't applied at all. I should've gotten a second 24/24 award for 2 keys and then 5/24 progress towards the next set. Instead I found myself at 0/24 progress. So I effectively lost 29 crowns out of the 30.

I've reported it, but in the meantime I'd advise people to be careful about completing a Gaunter's challenge quest if you're in a position where the 30 crowns should fill the counter twice.

I just experienced a similar glitch at 22/24 crowns. I lost a game in the third round but finished up a Gaunter's challenge quest in the progress. I got 1 crown for the loss taking me to 23/24. Then the 30 crowns for the challenge took me to 24/24, awarded 2 keys, and that was it.

The surplus 29 crowns weren't applied at all. I should've gotten a second 24/24 award for 2 keys and then 5/24 progress towards the next set. Instead I found myself at 0/24 progress. So I effectively lost 29 crowns out of the 30.

I've reported it, but in the meantime I'd advise people to be careful about completing a Gaunter's challenge quest if you're in a position where the 30 crowns should fill the counter twice.
I'm pretty sure the same thing happened to me last week.

Hi,

I just notice that the current update has a limited crown win per day due to I won't get +2 cp after win the seasonal match a few time. I got xp though. I just complete all 3 +30 cp and then I won't get cp.

Are there anyone notice this?

Hi,

I just notice that the current update has a limited crown win per day due to I won't get +2 cp after win the seasonal match a few time. I got xp though. I just complete all 3 +30 cp and then I won't get cp.

Are there anyone notice this?

Maybe THAT'S what caused the issue I mentioned above. If we can only fill the crown counter a limited number of times, that might explain why I didn't get most of the crowns from one of the challenges and ended at 0/24 progress.

Has weekly cap on crown points been implemented? I've played shitloads of matches and for some sick reason I kinda want to continue. When will the weekly cap reset ? Atleast make it 1 day shorter, so that it matches the reset timer of '6 day faction challenge'.

So I just saw the new quests. For those who don’t understand let me explain. The first 6 days of GUC were nerf of what happened after you finished journey. You got roughly 12 less points for doing more quests and winning more daily. Also, the quests were very hard on new players or low prestige players who don’t get more scrap and ore from GG. The new system has easy quests and while it still requires 12 wins daily (compared to the 9 before,) actually offers 1 additional point per day compared to last month.

During last Journey the crown point cap was 350 per week, and it resetted every Thursday.

Okay but this system was implemented on tuesday. This system last until 5'th of August (ends on wednesday). So yeah kinda seems this way. However, then it wouldn't be a weekly reset.
What weird is that the season will end 4'th of august (a tuesday). While the new season starts on the same day. Then we have 1 more day of faction challenge followed by weekly reset of weekly cap and launch of new journey. This sounds like a big mess. Communication is pretty unclear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom