Character feature: V - Corporate

+

VelWu

Forum regular
I wonder what happens if a Corpo-V joins a Gang instead of signing up for a Corp. Would those gang members be like "WTF!?"

It's like a Templar suddenly deciding s/he wants to join a cult of Necromancers.

VelWu

Forum regular
V cannot join factions.

Hmm. Factions would go a long way to define the player's beliefs and motives.
So without joining factions, how would V advocate his/her support for them?

For example, say I'm doing a playthrough where I really like Arasaka (corp) and The Mox (gang) and want to help both factions win big no matter what the ending is. How do I express those preferences in the game?

For example, say I'm doing a playthrough where I really like Arasaka (corp) and The Mox (gang) and want to help both factions win big no matter what the ending is. How do I express those preferences in the game?

As Draconifors said, from what we know, you can't join them. You'll only advance their cause.
It's cool because you probably won't be locked into 1 path and you may also work as a double agent.

If I remember correctly, the devs said in an old interview that they wanted to do something more complex than "if you choose faction A, faction B will be locked out" .
The whole thing may be more story choice based.
Could be something like the Mox gang not caring if you you work for Arasaka as long as your job doesn't hurt them. But they will care if during this job, you happen to make the wrong choice that will hurt them 5 hours later.

CDPR also said you won't know who to really trust and should ready your body for some betrayals. Joining factions doesn't seem to support that.

I like it cause let's be honest, Bioware games that has the formula where you save a group that will help you no matter in the final battle while its nemesis automatically dies or disappears is predictable.

An easier explication is that you are a mercenary who just want that sweet money no matter where it comes from lol

By working for them.
I'm just quoting official information here.
I missed something somewhere.
We get to role play the character V from the 2077 timeline. We also get to make choices for V like what our meat sack looks like and which direction the game goes by making decisions in convo/combat of which we cant possibly know the future outcome....but...

We cant join a faction if we want to because that wasnt worked into the game?

The only faction we can join is the one we choose at the beginning but we should expect betrayal?

please correct me if these statements in the form of questions are wrong.

I missed something somewhere.
We get to role play the character V from the 2077 timeline. We also get to make choices for V like what our meat sack looks like and which direction the game goes by making decisions in convo/combat of which we cant possibly know the future outcome....but...

We cant join a faction if we want to because that wasnt worked into the game?

The only faction we can join is the one we choose at the beginning but we should expect betrayal?

please correct me if these statements in the form of questions are wrong.

Cyberpunk is a dog eat dog world where most people look out for only themselves . IMO the faction V starts with is only an intro to the game .
Corpo life - V is kicked out of .
Nomad life - is still unsure how / why V is cut loose but ripping off your Nomad logo / brand says it`s the end ??????
Street Kid - V is never a member of a gang .

I was (and still stand by it, as it is a personal preference) hoping to see more of a "classic" faction system with "classic" joinable factions and faction unique content, but it is clear that the narrative frame that was picked in the end - and you have to pick one - doesn't support this model of joinable faction in the classic sense.

But at the same time I'm yet not overly disappointed. How so? A simple game is my shining positive example:

Fallout New Vegas

It's roughly the same narrative frame. You have your more or less set protagonist and 'role', you have a main plot, side quests, a world, big notable factions, etc. You cannot join either of the big factions at all - only help or hinder, and join some smaller or secondary factions.

Despite never being able to formally join a notable faction without any third party modifications, it offered an immersive and close experience to me where closely working with factions, in favor, felt like being part of the faction due to how it was handled and how you were greeted depending on a rudimentary reputation system. This personal preference or even "nitpick" I had was swept away, I got lost in the immersive world and enjoyed it without having any issues.

I'm guessing or hoping that Cyberpunk 2077 will be similar, with a lack of a classic reputation system based on + or - rep values.

This will be my second playthrough after Street Kid. As posted on the Street Kid thread, The path of a corporate V looks great. :)

I cant go with the fancy corpo lifestyle.
I'm going to be a greasy, nasty, stinky, sewer dwelling corpo monstrosity.
For the dirty work no one else wants.
Think of it this way you just received a burn notice .
Post automatically merged:

I feel that maybe playing a corpo would have a much richer story than either of the other two backgrounds (street kid and nomad) in the game. Corpo inherently feels intriguing when you have Johnny Silverhand working on your side, as well as the Arasaka Corp, and you tied in the middle. I feel that role will really test out your position in the story and Night City. I can see there will be more of those deep conflicting moments as a corpo, like: "who are you most loyal to?" type of shit. I can't see that with a nomad.
You don't have Arasaka on your side. You were fired you have knowledge of how corporations work and use that to your advantage. You are kicked out to make it on your own again

Last edited:
Thing is, if the life-path choices dictated too much, people would complain .... So, really, it's going to be a lot more about how you build the specific character! I see some are going for a corps-security idea, so they'd still be having some combat skills. While I'm thinking more along the net-runner/ hacking side for mine. But any combination can be made to work & if the game itself doesn't give too many details about your back-story, that's good for you making it up to suit yourself :D

This is my first playthrough path and was so excited when I saw the uniform. I hope I can mix and match with it but will still wear it. I plan to be super invested in the corpo lifestyle up till I get the boot and trying very hard to see if I can survive in Night City with that deep hole I dug. I am going to enjoy all that awkward silence in this fully voiced game

I wanna do a silent and deadly Corpo. type. Something cheesy from an old movie. Pure stealth, maybe a pistol, and a ton of hacking. Are there suppressors in CP2077?

Corpo seems the best one amongst them,falling down from the top and trying to achieve what you had earlier is a really exciting story.

Top Bottom